Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Lugaloco posted:

He was their old (possibly first considering the affection they had for him) handler who's taking care of them again, basically doing the exact same job as Claudia. I might be wrong in that but I don't remember him from previous seasons either.

He's mentioned when they get Claudia as their new handler, he was recalled by the Centre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiterallyTheWurst
Feb 5, 2015

Sendik's Original
Espeeonage.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Oh sweet jesus, folding up the corpse :stonk:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
:gonk:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

howe_sam posted:

The foley work on those bone snaps is excellent.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
:gonk: That was about an uncomfortable as a scene can get. Jesus.

e: Is this the first they've mentioned ISKRAN?

Baronash fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Feb 5, 2015

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

JohnSherman posted:

e: Is this the first they've mentioned ISKRAN?

They briefly mentioned it last episode actually

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Holy CRAP that folding scene.

Oleg has been an unlikeable twat from the beginning. He first shows up picking on Nina, almost like a kid with a crush, then is enraged she's in prison. That standoff was interesting- it was Stan in a standoff with Commie Stan.

e- Philip's outfit makes him look like a character from the cop show depicted in the Beastie Boys' Sabotage video.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Feb 5, 2015

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

howe_sam posted:

That scene was like how I'd imagine a game of Jeffery Dahmer Rules Twister would play. The Russian prison food still might have been grosser though.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

That folding thing was as bad as anything on HBO, ugh. Plus lots of butt and sideboob.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
That suitcase scene was was such an uncomfortable and brutal scene.

This show rules.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I wish they would write Stan's ex wife out of the show already. No one cares about your marital problems Stan.

Oleg should have shot you in the face :colbert:

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
I'm trying to even remember the last time we saw his kid.

In other news:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
well that's something I never thought I'd see on tv :stare:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Just caught up on both episodes. I don't remember a thing from last season. Big fan of the Freddie Mercury disguise.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Going to call bullshit on Sierra Nevada being in East Coast bars in the early 80s. Sierra Nevada was founded in 1980. Not buying it that they had East Coast distribution only a few years later. Especially not to shitball DC area sports bars.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I don't care to nitpick but youre probably right about sierra nevada. In 1987 they were only distributing to 7 states.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Hell, beer is STILL way too regional.

I love living in southern california - we've got a ton of craft beers and there's enough import shops that I can drink stuff like Magners (irish cider) semi-regularly.

But I STILL can't get Harpoon out here. Get that poo poo out to this coast, New England.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Narcissus1916 posted:

But I STILL can't get Harpoon out here. Get that poo poo out to this coast, New England.

Trade you harpoon for all the west coast transplants that came to Boston.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Look Sir Droids posted:

Going to call bullshit on Sierra Nevada being in East Coast bars in the early 80s. Sierra Nevada was founded in 1980. Not buying it that they had East Coast distribution only a few years later. Especially not to shitball DC area sports bars.
Nobody watches this show, so I'll tolerate anachronistic product placement if it helps pay for things.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

howe_sam posted:

There needs to be a .gif of this out there somewhere?!?!? Nothing I've seen on TV is as cringeworthy as this scene. The sounds...

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
So they use the decadent American boardgame of Scrabble to keep their English vocabulary sharp?

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

A guy getting divorced playing All Out of Love? Who said this show can't be funny?

ChadSexington
Aug 12, 2004
I am so not competitive. In fact, I am the least non-competitive. So I win.
I'm really liking the authentic old DC area commercials they have playing on TV.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
shits tense yo :suspense:

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

That was a great scene, but this definitely was one of those instances where the number of fully backstopped Soviet agents stretches the limits of plausibility.

e: Is there really not a single dentist that the Soviets can trust in the country?

Baronash fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Feb 12, 2015

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
They dont have any trusted doctors/dentists for just such an occasion?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

One shot is not going to be nearly enough anesthetic for this

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

JohnSherman posted:

That was a great scene, but this definitely was one of those instances where the number of fully backstopped Soviet agents stretches the limits of plausibility.

If any city is going to have that many it'd be DC.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
This is worse than the body folding.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Their sound effects guy owns. :gonk:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

That was some amazing television.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Fortunately, they didn't drag out the do-it-yourself dentistry as long as the packing of the dead, naked girl.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Apparently this season's theme is body horror.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

lol my wife always dozes off on the couch around this time, last week she woke up during the suitcase scene & again just now for the dentistry.

With no context she just gets up and leaves the room :stonklol:

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Jesus Christ that scene made me cringe so hard holy gently caress

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I just want to say this is the best thing on TV.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
What was the point to Stan's reaction to that TV interview?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

pentyne posted:

What was the point to Stan's reaction to that TV interview?

He's beginning to suspect that the defector isn't being genuine, that she is (as Stan told the other FBI agent when talking about going undercover) simply telling them what they want to hear over and over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I like that Elizabeth basically told the spy apprentice, "No thanks dude. My husband pulled my teeth out last night, and it was hotter than any sex you and I could ever have."

• Locked thread