Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyWrWmE-LtQ

this game is gonna own

shows you a lot of the areas and how they've been remade, as well as various changes to stuff and new stuff in the game

i will say the new zora swimming sucks rear end

epitasis posted:

can you summarize the whole video for gamers without headphones at work ty

*bank is now front and center at south clocktown near the warp point instead of stashed away in west clocktown

*there is fishing in the game and it's a bit more robust than OoT fishing, you can choose the sinking lure instead of having to dig for it

*zora swimming is now twilight princess-like slow swimming instead of the cool jet stream. in order to jet around like before you need to use the lightning attack which consumes mana

*song of skipping time lets you pick exactly how many hours you want to skip ahead (gently caress yes)

*the first three bosses have big dumb eyes on them to let players know they should shoot arrows at that spot for stuns, dunno about the fourth

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jan 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

can you summarize the whole video for gamers without headphones at work ty

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
gently caress why would they change the swimming. That's retarded, Nintendo. Very bad, Nintendo.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I always thought MM was the best Zelda after LTTP. Might pick up a new 3DS next month to try this poo poo out! Does the DS have a LTTP port that's not the GBA??

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Kazvall posted:

I always thought MM was the best Zelda after LTTP. Might pick up a new 3DS next month to try this poo poo out! Does the DS have a LTTP port that's not the GBA??

It has a sequel to LttP. Get that poo poo.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

It has a sequel to LttP. Get that poo poo.

Immediately thought "this has to be poo poo". Looked up some reviews. It's NOT poo poo! Thanks for the heads up, I'll get that as well.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Besides a very minor dislike of the child link model nintendo has been doing these past years.

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

i don't remember the notebook thing that tracks quests/day events (either its new or i never used it as a kid) but that seems like a good thing for people who have anxiety attacks over the time limit

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Sizup posted:

i don't remember the notebook thing that tracks quests/day events (either its new or i never used it as a kid) but that seems like a good thing for people who have anxiety attacks over the time limit

Yeah the bomber notebook was a thing in the original but it wasn't as detailed. Just showed the character in question and what day an event related to the quest would occur.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Eagle, is it A Link Between Worlds?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i hope the go for link between worlds hard mode where there's still recovery items in the wild but you take a lot of damage instead of the really annoying battle of attrition in windwaker

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Kazvall posted:

Eagle, is it A Link Between Worlds?

Yes. You can do the dungeons in basically any order after a certain point and it's very good.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyWrWmE-LtQ

this game is gonna own

shows you a lot of the areas and how they've been remade, as well as various changes to stuff and new stuff in the game

i will say the new zora swimming sucks rear end

*bank is now front and center at south clocktown near the warp point instead of stashed away in west clocktown

*there is fishing in the game and it's a bit more robust than OoT fishing, you can choose the sinking lure instead of having to dig for it

*zora swimming is now twilight princess-like slow swimming instead of the cool jet stream. in order to jet around like before you need to use the lightning attack which consumes mana

*song of skipping time lets you pick exactly how many hours you want to skip ahead (gently caress yes)

*the first three bosses have big dumb eyes on them to let players know they should shoot arrows at that spot for stuns, dunno about the fourth

Didn't this game already come out for the Nintendo 64?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pewdiepie posted:

*cracks knuckles in preparation for the long post explaining how you are an idiot faggotlord*

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Pewdiepie posted:

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Bobnumerotres posted:

Good to know I won't be buying this piece of poo poo, thanks oP

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Austrian mook posted:

Good to know I won't be buying this piece of poo poo, thanks oP

yeah it is the dumbest loving change but considering everything else i could live without it.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Pewdiepie posted:

The bridge! The bridge is caving in!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

So lightning, in water, makes you go faster? It doesn't... Kill you? Shouldn't you be using lightning for fishing?

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
I'm frickin' excited.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Moved bank is cool I wonder whats gonna be in the old spot or if it will just be wall

new swimming is poo poo and gay aids

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

SeXReX posted:

Moved bank is cool I wonder whats gonna be in the old spot or if it will just be wall

new swimming is poo poo and gay aids

theres just a wall at the old spot

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Bobnumerotres posted:

theres just a wall at the old spot

Thats cool.

Have they done anything with the lotto house, that might be an interesting way to introduce street pass bullshit to the game for something kind of like the lottery on the radio in gen2 pokems

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Still have my original Gold Cart Collector's Edition with box and everything. The game and booklet are currently residing in a plastic UGC to keep it safe from the elements.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Still have my original Gold Cart Collector's Edition with box and everything. The game and booklet are currently residing in a plastic UGC to keep it safe from the elements.

MM was the game where I learned the hard way to never let anyone borrow anything ever

:(

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

SeXReX posted:

MM was the game where I learned the hard way to never let anyone borrow anything ever

:(

I feel ya, I had to rebuild some of my n64 library because it was taken by a sibling and lost. The two biggest replacements were Smash brothers and StarCraft 64.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I can't wait to be really angry at the goron race again just like when I was a child

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
I've never played a Zelda game before. Suck my dick.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Why on earth would they change Zora swimming? At least they didn't slow down Goron rolling :downs:

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
majora's mask remains one of the few game's i've ever 100%ed, and I will do it again

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mdm posted:

Why on earth would they change Zora swimming? At least they didn't slow down Goron rolling :downs:

it was a pain in smaller places such as the entire water temple and parts of the stone temple

it is still a terrible change, but gently caress if i care

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

klapman posted:

majora's mask remains one of the few game's i've ever 100%ed, and I will do it again

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

klapman posted:

i've never 100%ed majora's mask because the guidebook i bought thirteen years ago is missing two pieces of heart :downs:

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

this lovely video game is a total ripoff of bill murray's groundhog day

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Dexters Secret posted:

this lovely video game is a total ripoff of bill murray's groundhog day

oh my god..excuse me while i split my sides wow haha *unsheathes katana i purchased with my 16th birthday present money and plunges it into my chest*

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

The White Dragon posted:

i've never 100%ed majora's mask because the guidebook i bought thirteen years ago is missing two pieces of heart :downs:

gently caress, I don't remember if I had all the pieces of heart. Oh no, I guess i'll have to play through this loving awesome game again to make sure. Gonna hang out in that observatory forever

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
why have people jerked there dicks over ocarina of time for 17 years when majora's mask is clearly the superior game. anyways this owns and i'm gonna buy i t

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

rediscover posted:

why have people jerked there dicks over ocarina of time for 17 years when majora's mask is clearly the superior game. anyways this owns and i'm gonna buy i t

Lotta wannabe gamers pick OoT cause a triforce is such an easy way to indicate to others 'yah, i games it' and OoT specifically because it coincides with their childhood. It is the first zelda, after all.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Schnedwob posted:

Lotta wannabe gamers pick OoT cause a triforce is such an easy way to indicate to others 'yah, i games it' and OoT specifically because it coincides with their childhood. It is the first zelda, after all.

OoT was a big part of my childhood as well, but i do not let that blind me. fake gamers playing themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i've decided not to watch this video and to keep my game play spoiler free.

• Locked thread