Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«150 »
RBA Starblade
Apr 27, 2008

Going Home.

Oblivion's good on its own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meyers-Briggs Testicle
Aug 13, 2012

But without the hero, there is no Event.

Buglord

Install maskars

Play the thieves guild and dark brotherhood questlines which are neat, then realize dishonored exists and uninstall oblivion

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

I always start oblivion with the best of intentions, play for a few hours then stop.

You can make all of the tweaks in the world to that game but Cyrodil is still going to be a boring place filled with boring people.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Install maskars

Play the thieves guild and dark brotherhood questlines which are neat, then realize dishonored exists and uninstall oblivion

I've been watching DansGaming play through oblivion and he's using maskars.

It looked interesting enough until he ran into a situation where he legit could not damage vampire enemies fast enough to outrun their constant in-darkness health regen.

Then destroyed by nonstop Morag Tong attacks.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT BEING UNABLE TO GO INTO SHOPS BECAUSE I FLY INTO FITS OF RAGE WHEN I SEE A PACKET OF FRUIT PASTILLES AND REMEMBER THAT ROWNTREES NEVER FINISHED THEIR SEARCH FOR THE ROWNTREE ADVERTISEMENT CAMPAIGN/HIGH FANTASY SERIES

Sky Shadowing posted:

It looked interesting enough until he ran into a situation where he legit could not damage vampire enemies fast enough to outrun their constant in-darkness health regen.

Tbf this still happens in vanilla with dread zombies

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing, you say? But I'm not even moving!

Humbly presenting my hot take.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

I'm from another time, another world. I don't even know what you people eat for lunch.

Sky Shadowing posted:

you can tweak their regen or turn it off entirely. same with the morag tong attacks

every feature is implemented separately

RBA Starblade
Apr 27, 2008

Going Home.

I like Oblivion more than Morrowind still but that's probably because I played it first and also because becoming Hortator of every house is fairly boring.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

I often hear that and I'm always kind of confused by it because I like the Hortator quests.

What's wrong with me/you/them?

RBA Starblade
Apr 27, 2008

Going Home.

Vavrek posted:

I often hear that and I'm always kind of confused by it because I like the Hortator quests.

What's wrong with me/you/them?

If I only had to become Hortator of one house or something for the quest progression it'd be fine, it just sort of slows the plot stuff completely to a halt for me. Most of it was just using my super jump spells to jump back and forth places for a few hours.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

In my day, we crossed burning sand every day -- and liked it!

I actually agree with what they're saying there. I've found the new CK to be exceptionally crash-prone even compared to the old CK. Let them finish it up and then convert it.

Meyers-Briggs Testicle
Aug 13, 2012

But without the hero, there is no Event.

Buglord

RBA Starblade posted:

If I only had to become Hortator of one house or something for the quest progression it'd be fine, it just sort of slows the plot stuff completely to a halt for me. Most of it was just using my super jump spells to jump back and forth places for a few hours.

Get 50 rep and it doesn't matter you skip that entire chain

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

You can also just kill Vivec, take the Wraithguard off his corpse and show it to the Yagrum Bagarn. If you also grab the documents proving what’s going on, he’ll help you attune to it so that you can grab Sunder and Keening and banish the heart.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

I'm doing a thing you nerds might appreciate:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/s...hreadid=3846402

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Any reason why Maskar's overhaul messes up Oblivion XP? If I turn the mod off, Oblivion XP works again.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

I'm from another time, another world. I don't even know what you people eat for lunch.

Mill Village posted:

Any reason why Maskar's overhaul messes up Oblivion XP? If I turn the mod off, Oblivion XP works again.

messes up how? maskar's does add its content into the oblivion xp framework - they interact much more than maskar's does with almost any other mod, from what i understand

maskar is extremely responsive though, if you post a detailed description of the issue on the MOO nexus page he will probably have it figured out pretty quickly

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Jazerus posted:

messes up how? maskar's does add its content into the oblivion xp framework - they interact much more than maskar's does with almost any other mod, from what i understand

maskar is extremely responsive though, if you post a detailed description of the issue on the MOO nexus page he will probably have it figured out pretty quickly

It took me a minute to realize I somehow disabled both Oblivion XP and Maskar. Everything is working fine since I fixed that.

How bad is the level scaling in Maskar's overhaul? I looked through the ini files, but I'm not sure what I should change to disable it without blowing up the mod. I changed the bosses so they don't scale as high, but that's about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Mill Village posted:

It took me a minute to realize I somehow disabled both Oblivion XP and Maskar. Everything is working fine since I fixed that.

How bad is the level scaling in Maskar's overhaul? I looked through the ini files, but I'm not sure what I should change to disable it without blowing up the mod. I changed the bosses so they don't scale as high, but that's about it.

you want the bosses to scale very high imo, they don't spawn 50 levels above you or anything but when you're high level the max scaling on bosses needs to be high so that you still run into challenging enemies while sweeping grunts aside easily. which is basically the whole purpose of the level scaling; it's pretty good with the OOO-intended settings in my experience.

«150 »