Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I'm betting on Summerset Isles and Valenwood for TES VI. Someone's got to put the Dominion back in it's place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Who in their right mind plays a TES game on a console? :confused:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

With TES games, modding is a big part of the game. The vanilla versions of Oblivion and Skyrim pretty much needs unofficial patches and UI fixes to be enjoyable.

Just can't think of having to stick with unmodded TES games forever on a console.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Not unplayable, but the deault UI is pretty terrible and there are so many bugs and gliches that was never fixed in official patches.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

The wiki page for The Elder Scrolls does not contain the word "Kirkbride".

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

I read C0da, welp :psypop:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

9E

People with television sets for heads rushing around Times Square in Tomorrowind province.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Wouldn't it kind of make sense, nutty lore-wise, that the Last Dragonborn gets to read an Elder Scroll to stop Alduin? The scrolls themselves have an agenda, so the scroll must have actually willed the Dragonborn to read it at the Throat of the World.

After the Oblivion chrisis, the Elder Scrolls scattered from the Imperial Library, and welp a couple of them must have willed themselves to have been stuck with a whiny vampire for ages and another to end up in the worst purple shithole in all of Oblivion.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Snuffman posted:

My dream TES:VI game would be "Dominion" and cover Elsweyr, Vallenwood and the Summerset Isles.

DLC set in Akavir.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

I decided to play through Skyrim again.

Does the Thalmor have any redeeming qualities. They just seem to be arrogant dicks stomping all over Skyrim demanding that everyone stop worshiping Thalos and once in a while death march some poor guy for no reason.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Xinlum posted:

OK so how long does the extracting files part for MGSO last? I've tried like 4 times and each time I get to a different percent and progress just halts.

Edit: Seems to be moving but is it supposed to take and hour and a half?

I think you're looking for the Skyrim modding thread

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Did you know that in Valenwood, this building is known as the Black-Blue tower!

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

BrainDance posted:

I'm playing Skyrim for the first time right now super casually, first Elder Scrolls game ever. I'm trying to figure out, really, who are the good guys?

Have you met Saadia yet?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

BrainDance posted:

Yeah, and I sold her out. Last I saw her she was getting arrested at the stables.

Was that a bad move? I wanted to play the game as a good guy and not break into homes or gently caress up anyone who doesn't deserve it but that's hard to do since I never really know who to trust.

Well, there the whole thing of there is no way of finding out if Saadia is a traitor or not.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

You can probably do it with mods, but destroying the Skyrim thieves guild would be pretty sweet.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

from the meme thread

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

If someone who has played Skyrim recently wants to go into Oblivion again, this mod feels necessary

Denock arrow too - allows you to put a readied arrow back in the quiver by pushing the sheathe button.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Elder Scrolls are source code and the ones who are allowed to read them are the compilers or some other Kirkbride nonsense.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

They are also sentient and exist on multiple planes at once. When the stone of the White Gold Tower was destroyed in the Oblivion crisis, all the Elder Scrolls in the library decided to gently caress off and go somewhere else.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

Kirkbride is what elevated TES from generic fantasy pap. :colbert:

yeah the lore nonsense is pretty great

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

What's the lore explanation for why there isn't a single Dwemer settlement in Cyrodiil?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Did the Dwemer just stop a few time to colonize Skyrim on their way to Hammerfell, or did that happen later?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Is the Numidium actually in the game in Daggerfall, or just in the end credits?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Yeah, that's what I was after.

And welp, the Towers and Stones are Kirkbride fan-fiction. Let's hope that lore actually makes it into TES VI, because it works and is wonderful nonsense.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

I would put money on Sumerset Isles and Valenwood for TES VI. It's time to take the fight to the Dominion. :toughguy:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

TES VI: Being Sheogorath, where you and every NPC are Sheogorath. Wacky Wabbajackery ensues.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Please no more foresworns. That storyline kind of went nowhere in Skyrim.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

I like the saturated look of Oblivion and the spoopy Ayleid ruins. The main quest is kind of boring since it's a lot of fetch quests, but the guilds and Dark Brotherhood are pretty good. Shivering Isles is insane and great.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Otoh the actual Oblivion areas where you have to get a sigil stone are easily the ugliest and worst parts of the game. I level speed and just run past every enemy, grab the stone and hope to survive long enough for the gate to collapse.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Horses are really useless in both Oblivion and Skyrim. Kind of wonder why they even bothered with them since they really doesn't add anything to the game.

Tasty though. Sheogorath was right.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Convenient horses is pretty good for stopping your horse from comitting suicide by combat all the time.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

I can't get Morrowind to run at a decent framerate even in vanilla for some reason. I can run Skyrim at 30+ fps.

I'm putting my hope in OpenMW, and it's looking pretty good so far. Still crappy framerate, but they're moving to another rendering engine, and almost all of vanilla Morrwind is implemented already.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

It's a laptop that's four years old. It has an i7 and a dedicated Geforce GT 540m. I can run Skyrim, Portal 2, Left 4 Dead and Fallout/Oblibion/Skyrim just fine.

So it's fine for older games, Morrowind works fine indoors, but outdoor the fps just drops to ~20. I have patches installed and the fps optimizer mod. Been over this in the Morrowind thread, and looks like Morrowind just hates my hardware.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

K8.0 posted:

gently caress the FPS optimizer, try running MGE XE, and running the exe optimizer (after the code patch) and see where that gets you. I wouldn't be surprised if you saw some significant performance benefits.

Welp, that worked :stare:

I ran the code patch and MGE XE and got fps up to a playable rate outdoors. Played for an hour and so far I have been owned by a skeleton and some small wildlife critters.

Thanks! :tipshat:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

armoredgorilla posted:

Oh and some of the outdoor shaders in MGE heavily eat up your frame rate, you could probably turn those off (they'll have a red color near them somewhere?) and get improvements as well. It took me from like 20 fps outside to 120 before I capped it.

I turned off all shaders and get 40-60 fps outdoors. Shoots up >100 indoors :toot:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

There's lots of really bad fan art of The Lusty Argonian Maid out there :stare:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

but that's not one of them

:agreed:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

I like the Ayleid dungeons in Oblivion for the spooky atmosphere. Skyrim's Dwemer dungeons were a little too Zybourne for me.

But both games suffer from generic loot. There are mods that change that, but you rarely feel like you get something worthwhile for clearing a dungeon.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Skyrim 2 - Vivectric Boogaloo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Skyrim 2 - Rim Harder