Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Sky Shadowing posted:

One of the more popular theories posted by actual devs is that they all became part of Numidium. It was just rushed because the Chimer were about to smash the door down, and it wasn't ready for its intended purpose, to turn all the Dwemer into a single new God. Which is why, with a proper power source, the Numidium is capable of doing some real crazy poo poo, but not actual divinity.

All that's really known is they were there, Kagrenac did some cutting and smashing of the Heart of Lorkhan with Keening and Sunder, and then they all vanished, beyond even the knowledge of the Tribunal after they became gods.

My main mer baladas demnananmanavi gives a wordy rear end explanation for what happened to the dwemer, and there's that quest where you "solve" it for the mages guild. They're both pretty incomprehensible though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Scyantific posted:

E: If you play through the main quest of ESO and its Imperial City expansion, you can technically say that there's 2 more events that prevented the Daedra from invading, even if people don't consider them to be canon.

The first is the PC going super sayian on Molag Bal with the help of Meridia, severely diminishing his power for nearly an era.
The second one is helping a member of the Dragonguard become a conduit for the power of Akatosh through the Sublime Brazier, which is essentially a bigger and more powerful Dragonfire.

The running theory is that the Ansei, the warrior-monks of ancient Yokuda, used the power of the Shehai, or sword-singing, to summmon a gigantic sword that destroyed the majority of the continent due to a civil war between the Yokudan royalty and themselves.

I think the idea was that they used said magic swords to literally split the atom and destroyed the continent in a magic nuclear holocaust. Unless that's a bit of fan wankery from TR Hammerfell mod, which is possible, but I think it's at least MK approved.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Hammerfell, possibly with some High Rock, seems like the most obvious choice imo. Not as crazy as Summurset or the Valenwood but still with a strong theme, plus a built in power struggle between the Thalmor and Empire.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

frajaq posted:

I just miss the faction variety from Morrowind, like yeah it had the Fighter's Guild, but there was also House Redoran and Imperial Legion, plus Imperial Cult if you wanted to play a Crusader/Paladin type of character

Not to mention secret factions/long quests like the Twin Lamps, finding all the Propylon Indices, hidden Daedra, etc.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

The answer to 'should i play w3' is always yes

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Eso is bizarrely good for an mmo, maybe cause you can just go wherever and do whatever

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Entropy238 posted:

If C0DA is to be believed, Numidium gets sent in to a time warp after Tiber Septim uses it to destroy the 2nd Aldmeri dominion. It comes back (a la Alduin) in the 5th era and proceeds to destroy mankind and erase the Altmer. The Nerevarine, born again, appears riding Akhulakan and delays it long enough to allow the Dunmer and Khajitt to escape to the moon in a spaceship.

That's dumb as hell. And whatever happened to tatterdemalion?

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Halloween Jack posted:

I see the Forsworn themselves as being something akin to ISIS; that is, they were founded on a legitimate grievance against imperialism, but they long ago lost the support of the people they purport to represent, and their religion is a heresy that most Reachmen wouldn't recognize.

So uh in short we should kill the Forsworn and kill the Reachmen and kill the Jarl and liberate the silver mines in the name of the proletariat.

Orc strongholds = ypg cantons. Gonna name my next character pisspig

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

BattleMaster posted:

They've never really been amazing looking games in the eras they came out in so yep.

morrowind and oblivion were both ohmyfuckinggod gorgeous when they were released

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

he was not born a shitler
no shareholders drove him to this path
it was his own desire to direct AAA titles
he stole the ip, and pushed out the kirkbride

howard wrote this

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Yes. I find the interview interesting but disagree with that guy on pretty much everything

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Lightningproof posted:

There is also the fact that the venue on which Avellone chose to vent his frustrations with Obsidian's management was a forum chock-full of Nazis.

Yeah, i dont give a poo poo if avellone wants to spread dirt on fergus, but he could have chosen a better venue than a nest of reactionary euronazis just because they fawn over him

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Average Bear posted:

I was really looking forward to Christ Avelone going MGTOW or getting redpilled after his tedious writing was edited. Not posting on an even nerdier forum. You really let me down goons. Do better

So do you still love making lovely 'n****r wiz' jokes or did you get past that eventually

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Berke Negri posted:

yeah hermaeus mora had already claimed miraak's soul in their deal so we already have an example of akatosh not doing poo poo

to be fair we can probably count on one hand of the aedra actually doing poo poo cause they're useless

They're not *my* ancestors, that's for sure

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

I 100% cannot be assed to use potions in morrowind. gently caress mousing over a hundred identical goddamn bottles

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

hawowanlawow posted:

they definitely will never do that, but yeah I agree

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

i want the next es to go bugfuck crazy w/ skills. gimme dancing, gimme elaborate baking and cooking systems, gimme carpentry and fishing and underwater basket weaving

also let us climb walls and fly again

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Big Scary Owl posted:

Dagoth Ur has been defeated, I've finally finished the main quest after all these years :unsmith:

sun's honey gilds the land
now take this gift from the hand of god

the MQ has a great ending.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Jack B Nimble posted:

That lady on the side of the road in Morrowind, near Pelagiad, who wanted you to give a glove to a bandit, looked good for 2002.

My Morrowind strategy guide even remarked that she "has a young Judy Garland thing going on", and the author was right.

that guide is so fun to read. also lets you appreciate the sheer disgusting amount of weird hidden quest lines and treasure in es3

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

the bandit who leads you on and then ambushes w/ her invisible girlfriend when you swim in a pool for her ring, outside ald velothi... synette jeline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

orcane posted:

:laffo: did he finally snap?

dude's been in a perpetual dragon break for as long as i've known his mods