Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

TEAYCHES posted:

*shakes head and mutters something about being the PC gaming master race*

:jerkbag:

That said, these games are the #1 in "I got my players to buy a Gaming PC."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

Orv posted:

It wasn't in the current FO3+NV/TES4+5 form where everyone is a narcoleptic fist fighter though, which is my main issue with it.

"Hey buddy, you really hosed up here, good going, sure you don't want to reload?" Sorry, busy stealing literally everything in Balmora.

I always took the essential flag as being less about protecting NPCs from the player and more about protecting them from each other. Oblivion's Radiant AI can act in very extreme ways sometimes and it's not unheard of for NPCs to up and decide to try and kill someone else (usually over food or something) and it'd be kind of bullshit if the town blacksmith decided to kill Martin or Jauffre over the apple in his pocket and there was fuckall you could do about it. Skyrim has Dragon attacks, and with the DLC, Vampire attacks. Not sure what FO3's excuse is.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

Chomp8645 posted:

The Dark Brotherhood is indeed the best guild because you can take the quest option to wipe out the whole enclave and they aren't loving essential.

Except Babette, who isn't there.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

Raygereio posted:

I always though the GUi in Skyrim as form over function.

This is it right here. Bethesda got so stuck in they're stylization that they sacrificed usability. I've played Skyrim lots both ways and I honestly feel that even the vanilla UIs control better with Mouse and Keyboard than they do with a Controller. Which is almost always the exact opposite of my opinion in other games.

Oblivion IMO remains the best UI that Bethesda has developed, as it's only real issue was that everything was bloated (this you CAN blame on consoles mostly because most people still had SDTVs at the time). Fallout 3 comes second because it only compresses the working space while still being really bloated. Skyrim's and Morrowind's are jsut aggravating each for their own reasons.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

Ofecks posted:

I didn't get the free upgrade, is that because I only have the base game and none of the DLC?

Yup, you needed the DLC to qualify.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

BethSoft's games have never liked the PS3. The two just never got along and performance shat the bed really bad, along with having even more glitches. In Skyrim's case it was so bad that reportedly when Dawnguard testing for PS3 first started the performance drop caused simply by installing it was so bad it was deemed unplayable. The PS3 version of Skyrim would go on to be several patches behind the other releases and it wouldn't see any of the DLC until after Dragonborn launched on PC, a full two months after it had launched on 360.

It would then see all three DLCs released one week after another, in reverse order, finally catching the system up in terms of content.