Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They could do a side game for TES like NV was for Fallout.

Maybe set it in Skyrim fifty or so years later, and see what happened since the Dragonborn.

Do it after the next game, if that game involves loving up the Nazi elves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Node posted:

I'm looking to punish myself and play through Oblivion again. I've noticed that ENB can significantly improve the graphics of the game. Is it worth it, or can it be a big cause of CTDs?

It makes Skyrim far more stable, so it might help with Oblivion.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like Dawnguard.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As successful as it was, I'm pretty surprised Skyrim didn't get all that much DLC. They could have probably did another story one.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Schubalts posted:

Not all that much DLC, but it got additional features added in regular patches, when most single player games will barely get bug fixes.

Oh, I didn't know that. It was all done when I started playing.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What was the problem with PS3s? (I haven't owned a console since my PS2 finally died)

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bethesda should just farm out the Elder Scrolls and Fallout to Obsidian.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Is there a Skyrim mod to re-weight or even out leveling speed, or at least space out when the next tier of gear gets added to the world loot pools? I feel like every time I start a new character I fly up to LV50 in seconds and everything between Steel and Glass/Ebony completely falls by the wayside. I've looked around but the closest thing I've found is just a lame blanket "-50% XP" mod.

Skytweak lets you change how fast skills level up.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Well goddamn how have I not heard of such a useful mod before :eyepop:

e: gently caress I swear I clarified Special Edition in the previous post. Is there an SE equivalent??

I don't know, my potato comp won't run SE :ohdearsass:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Stupid question:

In Mod Organizer, after using TES5Edit, it puts the cleaned files in the output folder. What am I supposed to do with them next? Create a mod like FNIS? Move them manually?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Now I can start a new game, but it crashes when I try to load a save game. How is this better than NMM, exactly? Exact same mods didn't cause this problem.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Figured it out, the bashed patch won't work for some reason. Works fine without it, but having to rely on TES5Edit's leveled lists seems iffy.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Why are so many mods reliant on SkyUI? It clashes really hard with the rest of the game's UI and while it does have a few nice features, they're cumbersome as poo poo to actually set up or use. How is this such a unanimously downloaded mod? I absolutely can't stand it.

Because the vanilla UI is a garbage, and because with SkyUI, mods can have an in-game menu.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neurolimal posted:

It would be nice if the next TES game didnt default to the faction that doesn't want their homeland to be a colony being the bad guys

No, being an imperial colony and having to practice their religion underground is good, because reasons!

Ulfric did nothing wrong.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Didn't somebody get a copyright on Fallout New Orleans somewhere?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does anybody know a good guide for modding Oblivion? A step by step process would be cool.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jazerus posted:

it is, sort of. the aesir and vanir dichotomy in norse religion is very possibly rooted, ultimately, in the asuras and devas of ancient indian mythology.

Wouldn't it be much more likely they just had the same starting point, the standard Proto Indo-European pantheon?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nathilus posted:

Its too bad the dwemer never read any david eddings.

Hello childhood nostalgia :randpop:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

:randpop::hf::randpop::hf::randpop:

I can with no shame say that I bought The Redemption of Althalus when it came out and enjoyed it.

Hell, I even bought The Rivan Codex, that contains all the mythology, history, and background details in the Belgariad universe. Maybe that's where my lore fascination came from.

I read.... the Belgariad/Mallorean and the Sparhawk books as a teenager.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agents are GO! posted:

Im also planning on including a nice Eddings reference in my mod (Some high-level trolls named after the Troll Gods.)

The Troll Gods owned.

Eddings only really had like one idea, but I liked his worldbuilding. Trolls being a fairly close evolutionary cousin of man was pretty cool at the time.

Also, Belgarath was a way better drunk old man wizard than Elminster.

Edit: browsing the internet reminded I actually did read the Redemption of Althalus.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nathilus posted:

He also did strong and effective if similarly one note characterization.

Yeah, and his dialogue tended to be pretty decent, as well.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

John F Bennett posted:

I'm hoping it will be a typical Bethesda first person RPG thingy. Like TES.

But in space.

I gotta be honest, I will play pretty much any of Bethesda's broken rear end open world games, but especially ones in a new setting.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

John F Bennett posted:

Bethesda's broken rear end open world games have a special place in my heart. Other RPG's are just not as fun.

Nobody really makes games like they do. And hell, at this point, the bugs and hilarious glitches are a feature.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm getting less FPS on Oblivion than I do on Skyrim or FO4, wtf.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jazerus posted:

get oblivion stutter remover, turn on its heap management feature using either algorithm 6 or algorithm 9 (this will make sense when you are looking at the settings file for oblivion stutter remover)

oblivion's engine is permanently stuck in 2005 as far as its ability to utilize VRAM, without a mod such as this to take over that function for it. there are a wide variety of engine fix mods that are basically required to enjoy oblivion on a modern PC, but OSR is the most important one. this is, as far as i can tell, the main reason oblivion has always had a reputation as a terror to assemble a stable modlist for; PCs were not able to handle its full potential at launch, but the engine also has no built-in provisions for utilizing a PC that is strong enough now that they exist.

I don't know what voodoo that does, but it went from 10 fps to 30-35. :randstare:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Error 404 posted:

The housekeeper at the Thalmor embassy is the mer-maid.

:randno:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Barry Foster posted:

Why aren't you playing The Witcher 3

My comp won't run it. :smithcloud:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The civil war questline was apparently supposed to be a lot more complex, but they cut out most of it. Same with the mage storyline.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Halloween Jack posted:

Is there a big "Legion or Stormcloaks?" debate I can go back and read, or should I start it all over again? Because I frankly like the Empire more than Ulfric's movement, but of course I hate the Thalmor more than anything.

Ulfric is fighting for the religious freedom of his people, the Empire is a bunch of elf-lovers, who can't get enough of Thalmor cock in their throats.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Halloween Jack posted:

Can't I just kill everyone and make myself king of everything?

Sadly not, but like always, there's a mod to make yourself high king.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nasgate posted:

There's literally no valid reason to join the stormcloaks if you're not a dumb racist.

If you're religious, Talos is the empire of man.
If you hate Thalmor, a united empire is better.
If you care about Skyrim, the Empire ensures better trade and more fair laws.
If you're not a Nord, stormcloaks want you dead.
If you're a poor Nord, stormcloaks want you dead.

lol this thalmor sympathizer

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Halloween Jack posted:

These vagaries are making it difficult to determine the best path to ruling the entire world from my sweet vampire castle.

There's a mod with a little mini-quest that gives you a kick rear end vampire castle not far from Whiterun

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Has there been any word on part 6 yet?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

It would have been so easy to just not let you be a Stormcloak if you're not a Nord or have high Speech. But no.

Stop imagining Skyrim designed by Obsidian.

:smithcloud:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cat Mattress posted:

A history of Elder Scrolls titles:

The Elder Scrolls: Arena (1994)
The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall (1996)
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (2002)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (2006)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (2011)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim SE (2016)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR (2017)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim Scratch-and-Sniff (2020)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim HD (2024)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim Remastered Edition (2029)

The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim HD VR: Director's Commentary Edition (2025)

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Halloween Jack posted:

Well, whatever they were planning before, they're doing a really bad job of opposing them if the Thalmor get to march around Skyrim arresting people for practicing a banned religion.

The Empire only opposed them in the loosest possible sense. In general, they bent over to accept a nice dicking from their elf masters, then got all pissy about Ulfric and his supporters not wanting to have to hide to practice their own religion.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Halloween Jack posted:

"just play along with the religious persecutions, we're going to fight them any day now, just you wait" is not something an oppressed population will ever put up with.

This is what people who support the empire actually believe.

"gently caress your cultural heritage and right to govern yourself, you should join us in happily sucking Thalmor dick!"

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nasgate posted:

Weird of people to act like the empire are evil colonialists when the Nords literally colonised Skyrim and murdered a minimum of 3 indigenous sentient "people"(dragons, dwarves, frost elves) and culling at least two more(giants, people of the reach)

Hmm yes, two wrongs do make a right.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Deltasquid posted:

lol @ all the stormcloak enablers itt. If they had been alive in 550 AD they would have supported an uprising of the "oppressed" Italians against the Byzantine empire because the Romans lost their claim on Italy when the goths invaded Spain.

Right to rule themselves? The Empire was made of Nords. Nords held high offices in the Empire. They were already ruling themselves, it's just that some people in the empire disagreed with the policies of the other citizens of the empire. It's not a struggle for independence, it's a knee-jerk regionalist zealot uprising against the legitimate and established government which is trying to recover from a crisis. Line up every stormcloak and lob off their heads IMO.

lol thalmor sympathizer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Sometimes Food posted:

I just laughed my rear end off doing the Morthal vampire quest as it finally clicked for me, after gently caress knows how many playthroughs, that at the end you're leading a group of peasants through the marsh with loving torches in the night. So we stormed the vampire lair in a mob with torches. Legitimately nice Bethesda.

I really like that quest. :unsmith: Gettin' revenge for the little ghost girl.