Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Just like a bright-eyed new prospect on CLG, we've been kicked out. This is the thread we'll be using from now on for all Fantasy LCS discussion, from trash-talking within your league, to forecasting player point totals only so they can lose to Dignitas at baron.

I'm not going to effort post this OP unless this thread somehow explodes. The initial drafts are already over and people have found teams and drafted a roster so I'm not expecting this thread to reach more than 5 pages. People are whiny babies.

I might update with sleeper picks every now and then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Flameingblack posted:

Just like a bright-eyed new prospect on CLG, we've been kicked out.

Too true op, too true

More seriously, let's talk some sleepers. Ignoring the players whom everybody has wised up on by now (like the entire fnatic roster, the winterfoxes, etc.), who do you think can still impress this coming week? I'm pondering if it's a decent investment to grab WerlyB and Fred3ric from Giants to replace my top and jungler ATM.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Can you consider Giants! Sleepers in Week 2 considering most of them finished right at the top of Fantasy rankings for their roles?

I think most players from Coast, Giants!, and Copenhagen Wolves will be sleepers, they might not finish top 3 by the end but they're all strong players. Copenhagen less so, they just drag games out for a goddamn year and that's worth a lot of points on merit.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Transient People posted:

Too true op, too true

More seriously, let's talk some sleepers. Ignoring the players whom everybody has wised up on by now (like the entire fnatic roster, the winterfoxes, etc.), who do you think can still impress this coming week? I'm pondering if it's a decent investment to grab WerlyB and Fred3ric from Giants to replace my top and jungler ATM.

Why hello, it's the chick who picked up Yellowstar, Winterfox, and WerlyB here.

I'm going really hard on the "sleepers" (though I'd agree with Flameingblack that it's hard to call them that anymore), given that my team loses by 30 points to my week 2 opponent in expected values. A large part of that is that my starters include Overpow and Woolite, and I do not like the looks of Roccat's schedule this week. So support flex pick it is!

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
Well, Giants basically got two byes first week, so it's hard to say if they're legit or just got the easiest pair anybody's gonna get for a long time. I'm going in on them anyways, but there's a difference between grabbing some of them and snatching Fnatic picks. I do agree on CW though - they don't know how to finish games, so if they don't get godstomped they might make people money.

Jonny Angel posted:

Why hello, it's the chick who picked up Yellowstar, Winterfox, and WerlyB here.

I'm going really hard on the "sleepers" (though I'd agree with Flameingblack that it's hard to call them that anymore), given that my team loses by 30 points to my week 2 opponent in expected values. A large part of that is that my starters include Overpow and Woolite, and I do not like the looks of Roccat's schedule this week. So support flex pick it is!

Oof, my condolences. Roccat just really disappointed me first week - I only had Vander but he still really sunk my points compared to what I coulda had with someone else. Can't imagine the damage Woolite must have done with how Roccat played.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Woolite didn't do THAT bad - 29 points, good for 12th out of 20 in the ADC position. Fortunately, my default flex is Forg1vengre, so I can just swap him over to ADC and still have someone really strong in that position. Depending on how this week goes, Xpecial + Yellowstar might actually become my default - those two were absolute beasts in Week 1.

I think Top Lane is going to be the trickiest role for me to find the best answer for. Right now I'm holding both Werlyb and Overpow, but there's also Vizicsacsi and Avalon undrafted in my league. My heart says to go with Avalon because I really want Winterfox to do well, but I don't know if I can justify starting a complete unknown who's going up against TSM his first week.

Luckily, EU plays first, so I'll know whether Werlyb or Overpow turns out to be a big enough fraud that I can safely jettison one of them in favor of Avalon.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Not for Week 2, I think - a position locks instantly if you have someone who's already played a game there, and you can't pick players who've played either. So it'll have to be a gamble either way...not that any of those choices are terrible, though.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Sleepers?

SK, maybe CST.

ETA: If anyone in GoonSkype needs a jungler, I have Reignover and I'm open for trades.

curiousCat fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jan 27, 2015

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
I really want to start IWD again this week but if I ever was going to sub in Shook it'd be this week. Thoughts?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

TheChad posted:

I really want to start IWD again this week but if I ever was going to sub in Shook it'd be this week. Thoughts?
Keep Dominate, he ended up 2nd in overall fantasy points and this week they'll have Piglet too. Unless Xpecial has already began making Piglet they should do pretty well.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
how did you get Shook and Dominate and what did you sacrifice

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

curiousCat posted:

how did you get Shook and Dominate and what did you sacrifice

Four person league with friends so there's a lot of power picks to go around. I also have Rekkles, Bjergsen and now Febiven. :D

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Whoever is rank shamer in the exempt non-residents, get at me if you want this trade to happen before the deadline for this week. I'm Tellysavalas in game/league.

Giodo!
Oct 29, 2003

Is there a known bug with the Fantasy LCS site not calculating points correctly? My team has a loss for week one and the summary on the league page shows that I lost 161-205, but when I click on the matchup it shows me having won 219-217 (which is what actually happened. It looks like the second TL and CLG game isn't being factored into the results. And I started Dominate and TL.

EDIT: Oh I just saw the banner on it. Never mind.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I can't wait until Saturday to find out that Piglet and Impact were very over-hyped and worth nothing!

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Are there any leagues I can join or should I find some internet randoms to do this with?

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Virigoth posted:

Are there any leagues I can join or should I find some internet randoms to do this with?

Man I could go for another league as well, we should get another one going.

im also about to get stomped this week so hopefully this rag tag of losers surprises me

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

post-SK score status for week 2: 118 points vs 24

rip in peperonies monathin

EDIT: Post-game 2 SK score status for Week 2: 253 vs 54. :sbahj:

Transient People fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jan 30, 2015

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Lol @ people getting Giants members this week, rest in piss

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

Asema posted:

Man I could go for another league as well, we should get another one going.

I wouldn't mind a chance to join a new league (if pre-30 accounts can do it). I got back into LoL recently and missed the window on the original ones.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Marin Karin posted:

I wouldn't mind a chance to join a new league (if pre-30 accounts can do it). I got back into LoL recently and missed the window on the original ones.

Somebody not me organize it because I am terrible and lets get a draft going so we can start week 3 off right (and with a lot of trash talk)

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Marin Karin posted:

I made a smurf specifically for this, so pre-30 accounts can definitely join.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
So I made the decision to sub out Overpow on account of how rough Roccat's week 2 schedule looked, and I was right in that he underperformed. Unfortunately, the person I subbed in for him was Werlyb, on the theory that while Giants were probably gonna cool off from their easy weak 1, they should still likely beat H2K and get me some points, especially with what looked like their star player from Week 1. I made a really bad call.

So top lane is my main weak spot - either that or mid if Hai keeps playing like he did last week. But top seems like the real problem, and I have a few options now that I'm definitely jettisoning Werlyb.

1) I could put Overpow back in, especially since his week 3 schedule of Giants and MYM looks pretty breezy
2) I could pick up a free agent. Best options for that right now look like Vizicsacsi and Avalon
3) I could make a trade, but I don't know how plausible that is. My best sub to offer right now is Woolite (40 points in a week where his team went 0-2 and had really difficult opponents!), and if the offer is really good then I guess I could part with one of my starters

Does anyone have advice for my situation? And if you're in Exempt Non-Residents, do you have any trades you'd like to propose? I'm also potentially willing to trade Yellowstar or Xpecial and put a non-support as my flex.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Is there any way to view free agents in leagues that aren't your own? I could offer a breakdown if so. Regardless though, Csacsi is provably good and you get a 'free' week of data on Avalon starting tomorrow. Wait and see how WFX performs with the Bruiser Bros on deck and pick accordingly I think.

(And yes, probably sub Hai out, even if he plays well he won't score very highly)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I told my friend to pick up Werlyb in a high stakes league he had and he sent me a screenshot saying "Top lane doing work" with Werly at 1 single point. Ooops

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Transient People posted:

Is there any way to view free agents in leagues that aren't your own? I could offer a breakdown if so.

Top Lane free agents are Vizicsacsi, Mimer, Hauntzer, and Avalon. Mid Lane free agents are Soren, Niq, XiaoWeiXiao, Shipthur, and Blizer.

Looks like I can still swap out Hai for XWX or Shiphtur if necessary? But I can't make a top lane trade until EU unlocks, which I assume will be later today.

EDIT: You can also see the full list of free agents by going here, filtering by position, and sorting by owner.

For reference, I've dropped my second team, added XWX, and swapped him in for Hai this week. I still believe C9 will make a comeback throughout the season, but it's probably not going to fully happen in a week where they're up against Liquid.

Jenny Angel fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jan 31, 2015

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

It's okay, because Impact is equally as bad as Werlyb so thanks karma, I guess. I can't believe I got rid of Lustboy on accident GG

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Flameingblack posted:

It's okay, because Impact is equally as bad as Werlyb so thanks karma, I guess. I can't believe I got rid of Lustboy on accident GG

Toplane draft is a freakin wasteland. My toplane choices in the Megling Genocide league right now are Werlyb, Cris, Avalon, Cabochard, Youngbuck and Hauntzer. :shepicide:

League of My$tery's ain't much better either. Overpow is reasonably solid, but he's the best of a bad lot. NA and EU really, REALLY need better toplane talent.

EDIT: Don't feel too bad about giving up Lustboy btw. Sheep got 16 points to his 18 today, it's not a huge dropoff. Could be better, but it could be much worse.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

:rip:

:rip:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

DasKitty, General Manager of Washed Up I believe I have mistakenly obtained two of your players:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I'm 0-2 now having lost to the top point getting team two weeks in a row. drat you exempt non-residents.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Libertine posted:

I'm 0-2 now having lost to the top point getting team two weeks in a row. drat you exempt non-residents.

...That can happen? I thought you had to play everybody once before you played them again. Also, what's your team look like, Libertine?

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

Transient People posted:

...That can happen? I thought you had to play everybody once before you played them again. Also, what's your team look like, Libertine?

I think he means both weeks he went up against the team that scored the highest that week (but different teams)

I managed to eek out a win in my league with some friends. 299-290. Thanks for sucking Dig, I was worried for a second there.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Yo just for the record at the end of this week I'mma put together a mild effortpost about the first 3 weeks of Exempt Non-Residents (with plans to do this again at the end of week 6 and then another at the very end). Highlighting trends in the matches by week, who made good substitutions, who made bad ones, etc.

It's looking like the first edition of it is gonna consist primarily of me yelling at myself over my week 2 goofs.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Really wish I'd started Freeze over Keane this week. Keane hasn't even played yet, but 45 points in one game is pretty absurd.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Goddamnit Fnatic

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Fnatic is a perfect example of how riot's fantasy program needs a fleshed out waiver system that makes people wait till a certain point in the week before picking up new players. So many fantasy leagues have been ruined by someone picking up the entire fnatic roster right after their first game.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Frustrated posted:

Fnatic is a perfect example of how riot's fantasy program needs a fleshed out waiver system that makes people wait till a certain point in the week before picking up new players. So many fantasy leagues have been ruined by someone picking up the entire fnatic roster right after their first game.
You hate us cuz you anus.

I didn't pick up their ADC, I went all-in on Piglet and I'm dearly paying for it. If you're worried about anyone from our league sweeping us all up it should be Adel who has Steelback AND Forgiven

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Flameingblack posted:

You hate us cuz you anus.

I didn't pick up their ADC, I went all-in on Piglet and I'm dearly paying for it. If you're worried about anyone from our league sweeping us all up it should be Adel who has Steelback AND Forgiven

At least they were split up in the league of mystery. In my friend league one guy got the whole roster, and it's stupid. I was at pax and didn't watch the games till monday, which sucks. I do have almost the entire elements roster though, so if they can keep their poo poo together I've got a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Man, last week was shiiiiiit for me. It's kinda a relief to know I didn't just make one bad choice, but that I made many bad choices - no reason to beat myself up over any particular one.

For reference, my four EU players won me 200 points this week, whereas my whole team got 166 points last week.

• Locked thread