Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm not hearing any crowd edits so far...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GrimGypsy posted:

Yeah, gently caress this. Giving away the matches is one thing, but the crowd noise edits are insulting. Good luck, whomever stays.

I'm not hearing any. At all. Am I just deaf?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Skunkrocker posted:

Did you not hear the "CEEEEEEEENAAAAAAAAAAAA CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" chants that were obviously canned?

Genuinely no. I was only half paying attention. Sure as poo poo doesn't seem substantial right now.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Am I the only one who feels like if they really edit the Rumble, it'll just add fuel to the fire once they can't edit anymore?

Also still don't think this is a bad idea. They're showing people what they're missing in a one off scenario.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Daniel Bryan posted:

"You missed a real lovely Royal Rumble match where the winner didn't get over!"

Shoulda clarified, airing the title match=good idea.

Rumble=bad bad idea.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Those were still face-level pops for Brock. They really didn't edit too much, at least for that.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
HOLY poo poo THEY'RE ACKNOWLEDGING IT

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
HOLY poo poo :lol:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Am I the only one who thinks this is Not Terrible so far, all considered?

Also the way they could easily take heat off Roman is to have him offer Bryan the first shot if/when he wins at Mania. Easy.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aardvark Barber posted:

We still have yet to see how badly they butcher the Royal Rumble match...

Why do you think I said "so far"?

Omally posted:

that only works if Bryan wins and takes the belt

Agreed but it'd definitely take SOME vitriol off Roman in the interim.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dexo posted:

Man, The editing on this match the the possibility of being amazing.

I pray to God they edit the poo poo out of it because I genuinely believe it'd add fuel to the fire.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

dear mr foochs and associates of the positivity patrol, I am actually kind of enjoying this backwards raw.

Me too! It's almost like WWE is at its best when they don't over plan every drat thing!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Here it comes....

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
HAHAHA THAT CUT

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Still pretty massive boos. And totally unedited Bryan chants.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, no sweetening AT ALL.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dango Bango posted:

Haha completely muted the ongoing boos.

No they didn't, you are extremely deaf.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Lol they tried to make it look like the fans were booing notorious heels gold and stardust beating on Reigns rather than Reigns himself

No, no they didn't.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

I see Foochs's streak of "definitely not defending the WWE" almost lasted a full day this time

Also see that WWE still dumb as gently caress :lol:

I'm not defending poo poo about the Rumble, dumbass. Just saying they're not editing the crowd reactions whatsoever.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Alakaiser posted:

Lost in all of this is that Reigns went back to the vest he used while he was in the shield and that is a good thing.

I can't think of an analogy that properly encapsulates how little it matters, but y'know.

He has been for a couple weeks. Agreed though.

Anyway, for those inclined to give me poo poo, all I'm saying is that WWE is not doctoring the events of last night in any material way. They're still dumb as gently caress, and I still hope crowds continue to hijack shows, EVEN at the expense of Roman, who I actually like. Unlike a lot of people though I have never once said I'd cancel my subscription or stop watching, I simply call out stupid poo poo when I see it and try to find things to like even in the suck.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sex Robot posted:

I can already tell you what Reigns is gonna say "I'm just glad I got to experience that with the people of boston, no matter what they thought of me, I loved every second of it and I hope they had a great time :thumbsup:"

And then the mannequin will fall over and it will be revealed as Cena talking into a paper bag

Okay I know why this annoys people but in all sincerity, other than a heel turn which is admittedly the smart option, what the gently caress else response would you want?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Omally posted:

i really wanted him to not win the rumble and create this situation

I agree but unfortunately that's not the man's fault.

(People should still express displeasure, boo him, etc. if they want to)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sex Robot posted:

But it's not a heel turn, it won't be anything, it will be that strange press release detachment that says something without actually committing to anything that could be quoted.

You didn't really get my point. Aside from a heel turn, what different response would you rather see from the guy?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dango Bango posted:

I still can't believe how insulting this poo poo was.

It really was beyond the loving pale.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
NO EDITS AT ALL. :getin:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aardvark Barber posted:

I am not giving them any credit. I can't believe they thought it would be a good idea to replay the PPV that got #cancelWWEnetwork trending #1 worldwide again for free instead of raw

They didn't have much choice dude. They literally legally couldn't have Raw and had three hours to fill.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

I didn't hear any "We Want Refunds!" chant this time, did I just miss them or did they manage to scrub them out?

They were totally there.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Flameingblack posted:

ITS THE JOHN CENA EXCUSE

I swear to god I still don't get what else people expect Roman to do. Not Vince, Vince is culpable and is a senile loving dumbass. But what else should Reigns do? Go off script? Cry? Call the fans assholes?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jiro posted:

Hell loving yes, be a smarmy heel. LIKE HOW THE ROCK STARTED OFF.

That would require Vince making that decision.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Are we not supposed to jeer people for being lovely? It wasn't Sid's fault that he got a huge push all the time, but he was still loving poo poo

Quite the contrary, I literally said people should still boo. But it really isn't Roman's fault he's in this position, it's Vince's. And actually, in Roman's first answer he literally owned up to that.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dexo posted:

Daniel Bryan is burying the poo poo out booking.

BUT BUT HE WAS JUST GONNA BLINDLY ENDORSE ROMAN AND LET IT GO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That was the best Reigns promo since possibly ever.

• Locked thread