Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
it wasnt sweetened. they cut a bunch of stuff but it all seems to have been for time or whatever, entrances

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

oatgan posted:

this forum never fed me when i was growing up
thats how i learned to swim. clawin and scratching, in the deep end, raised by wolves. samoan wolves, who swim

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

haha. that guy says human being, and retard

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

The Landstander posted:

This thread is falling apart and the Rumble was only one day ago we're not gonna make it.
As posted in the last thread were only 12 months away from the royal rumble 2016 brother, get hype

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

oatgan posted:

vroom vroom
___________/

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Roman could bust out a 630 and some people would complain about form at this point.
630? is that his dinner time?

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

that phoenix splash was loving gorgeous

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

Skunkrocker posted:

So I gotta ask, am I the only one who is legitimately upset about the replaying of a pay per view on free tv the very next day? Or the edited audio on the triple threat match reflecting the crowd being huge Cena fans when they were booing him out of the building? Seriously? Everyone on this forum is either cool with it or more upset by Roman Reigns winning the Rumble? I seem to be the only person upset by this.
its dumb but at least its throwing a bone to the fans after that godawful rumble

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

Under the vegetable posted:

It's one of the most insulting things I've ever seen WWE do.
i hope you mean the rumble

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

i know mick means well but its like hes never ever met or talked to vince in his life or something

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

dean and bryan are white hot and ziggler has been riding pretty goddamn high since survivor series. cesaro has been consistently over for an entire year and i dont think hes even once been a babyface. but i think the best thing to do is what we quasi planned forever ago and push the big guy with the long hair, mostly by having him sell a lot and not do any wrestling

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

skunkrocker maybe take a breather for a while. they didnt edit anything aside from cutting entrances for time. not to mention one of the big selling points of ppvs is you see stuff live, everyone already knows what happened now so i dont think showing it to save a little face is gonna kill anyone

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

DM Punk posted:

I can't really blame WWE for being gunshy about Bryan. I mean, what if he gets injured again? Maybe they think he is a ticking timebomb and don't want to go too big with him only to see him get hurt again.
remember when cena came back like two months ahead of schedule from surgery

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

no offense but youd have to be crazy to complain about them sweetening the tapes. i mean they left in all the massive boos and BULLSHITS and whatever else. do you really think anyone is watching those matches on raw and coming away with different viewpoints than the people who watched it live

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

Skunkrocker posted:

What's really hosed about it is how many times have they done this? This was the first time I've actually noticed actual piped in chants during a match, when else have they done it? Smackdown? Old pay per views on the Network? DVDs? I don't know!
uhhh they did it after literally one of the best rumbles ever in 92

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

what if I don't know who most of those dudes are and don't speak foreign
i watched my first njpw show ever recently (guess which one) with the announcers not really knowing what any of the "plotlines" were and it was maybe a billion times better than wwe. it helps that there arent twenty minute promo segments to start shows and gently caress finishes/parity booking

oddly enough when the talent is good and gets to do what they are good at you can tell who you are supposed to cheer and boo for very easily

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

That is true but I got the feeling NJPW generally does not do parity booking. Mainly because people just got pinned with finishers, no people getting their heat back after matches and running in and blah blah blah

Regardless of the "wait and see"s I have a really hard time believing WM this year is going to come anywhere close to that show

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

They do it in tournaments (although not so much in this year's G-1) and will do it with outsiders sometimes. They work much more in a guy gets push, wins a lot until push ends, then guy loses a few matches to set up another guy. If a main event player loses a match that seems odd it will usually set up something in a few months.

Right. I think my bigger issue is after watching that show where the guy who lost in the best match looked like a star, watching this Rumble was bizarro world, where no one is allowed to get over except the guy the fans don't want to

E: Although Seth did get pinned and looked like a star. It's really just the Rumble I'm talking about here. The booking really wasn't bad until Bryan and you could just see Vince rewriting everything

Fiveace Attorney fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jan 27, 2015

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

Sheamus Bryan is garbage. It was forever ago and no one thinks Sheamus is better than Bryan at this point in time, or really wants to see Bryan beat up the dude who has taken a huge amount of time off after doing nothing noteworthy

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I cancelled but thats mainly because I can always just resub whenever I want. WWE is always like that, the product turns to poo poo and I stop watching, things turn around for whatever reason and you get back into it again

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

Red posted:

poo poo.

I just realized WWE sees Dean Ambrose as a comedy nutjob character, not a serious anti-establishment/anti-hero character.
That's pretty much what he is, although I don't even mind the former. He kind of reminds me of Mankind

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

Bryan versus Triple H? That's a money match. So good they should do it twice

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Man I'm trying to think of the last storyline Sheamus had since I started watching again (TLC 2012) and I want to say it was a feud with Sandow that happened solely on Smackdown, way back for Payback 2013, and even then it was the preshow match.
They had a feud where Sheamus bullied him which has been Sheamus character for like three years now, squeaky clean babyface who bullies heels

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

The rules for the Rumble are pointless other than you have to go over the top rope and hit the floor with both feet. You could technically low blow people and use garbage and your buddies to win but for some reason people just have mostly the same style match every year

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

ayn rand hand job posted:

HE'S TRYING TO LIFT THE UNDERTAKER

God the '92 Rumble owns
I keep referencing it and I can't help it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

Gatts posted:

I've watched Wrestling since a kid but why does Vince have such a hard on for giant muscle men? Like not even athletic muscle men. I can understand a Big Show or two For spectacle.

Explaining all of vinces complexes would take forever. Its easier to say vince is crazy

• Locked thread