Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Right now, WWE is working on a algorithm to use once Vince finally shuffles off this mortal coil. Once completed, all they have to do is feed in a photo of Superstar. If the light goes green, then he's the man they push. If the light goes red, he's mid-card forever.

There will be no arguing with the cold, emotionless logic of the Robo-Vince.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Perdido posted:

From what I remember, it was fairly common knowledge that Goldberg was on his way out, but that Lesnar leaving was unexpected.

It leaked at the worst time, like a few days prior to Wrestlemania, and the fact that Wrestlemania 20 was taking place in New York meant that the already fairly smarky crowd was going to be incredibly smarky.

That whole match was pretty much a perfect storm of a Bad Situation. You had Goldberg who wasn't exactly a ring general and Lesnar, who while being supremely gifted and talented, was fairly new as well. Both were pretty rattled by the crowd reaction and weren't 100% sure how to proceed. Add in the fact that you had Austin who, in the average WWE fan's eyes, could do no wrong, as the special guest referee (and someone for the crowd to latch onto) and things were going to go loving sideways.

Lesnar is a little older/wiser and could probably handle a hostile crowd better than he did back at WM20. It'll be interesting to see what the gently caress happens with Reigns and how he'll handle being poo poo on (if he gets poo poo on.)

Also, neither Brock or Goldberg gave a poo poo.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Memento posted:

There's that one, which is a good start.

This is the face of a man who knows he is unstoppable.

That sit-up proves it. Brock stole Taker's powers!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

What's driving me a little crazy is that as much as I want Bryan to be in the Wrestlemania main event and win the belt, I also don't want that now. I wanted him to win the Rumble, but that didn't happen. What now? Bryan is unfairly kept down by the bookers, the crowd revolts until they have to give in and admit he's great, and Bryan wins the title? I've seen that story already, it was great. I don't want to be told it two years in a row.

I want Bryan to be acknowledged as The Guy and Vince to stop trying to depush him into the midcard forever, but at this point I'd really prefer it if they found some other way to do that and salvage Wrestlemania without just putting last year's show on reruns. Which, I don't know how the gently caress they can do that, but that's on their own stupid heads because the really obvious fix was to never have this problem in the first place.

It sucks, but take it from me, someone who's been watching WWE for over 30 years, sometimes your favorite isn't going to "be the man", no matter how talented they are, and how untalented the guys who do get pushed are. Just be happy that he's allowed to win matches.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Spermgod posted:

The idea that Tazz Daniel Bryan could've ever been a main event talent in WWE is laughable. That guy was far more a beneficiary of being a big fish in the small pond of ECW ROH than he was a victim of being underutilized by WWE. I will grant that he probably could have been used better but someone with his size and his character was always going to come off a little silly in the big man's world of WWE.

-Vince's mind

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Jan 31, 2015

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Gatts posted:

Is it wrong I want her to be dressed in full military garb and be some sort of dictator of Smackdown? Not GM. Dictator Ruler General of Smackdown, Lana. Like M. Bison. Only Lana.

I so wanted Booker T to do this when he was King Booker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Zyla posted:

I dont want to watch tonight

but i have literally nothing else to do :(

Do what I do: sleep.

• Locked thread