Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Should start putting the IC champions W-L count in non-title matches on that graphic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Who is exactly how Brock should respond. Roman has done poo poo since he's arrived in the WWE. He's not on Brock's Radar, He's not a HHH, an Undertaker, a Cena. Who the gently caress is this kid to step in Brock's domain.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO965EFGhxs

Cross posting from the Raw GDT

Dexo fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jan 27, 2015

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Blasmeister posted:

Fun RAW, I liked the part where Bryan spelled out how much sense it would have made for him to win the Rumble and have a dream match vs Lesnar for the title he never lost, but how he just plain failed and Reigns succeeded so that didn't happen.

That was the most petty and awesome thing I have ever seen.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

oatgan posted:

vroom vroom

OH SHI- DEAN HIDE THE FOOD AND POSTERS

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Liquid Communism posted:

You know it's bad when they're 'ironically' bemoaning how much better the booking could have been in-character.

I'm really wondering how scripted Bryan's thing was.

Though Dean's "They Love me in Philly" was easily the best line.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Astro7x posted:

The majority of the thread ate it up, I can't believe this poo poo...

This snow storm is the best thing that could have happened to WWE, because whatever promo Reigns would have cut on Raw would have been drowned out by boos.

Eh, it's not the best match, but it's still nowhere near as bad of a match as Batista/Orton would have been.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

It's essentially a gambit by the WWE, that the Philly Crowd was hyper smarky. And while other crowds probably wanted Daniel to win too, they are no where near as sour on Reigns as a Philly(any North East)/Chicago crowd would be. So I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a fair amount of cheers once they get back into the heartlands of america. Reigns is still nowhere near as bad as Batista was when he came back. Batista couldn't give a face promo to save his life. Reigns can, you just want him to be short direct and to the point. I.E Do not make him the Rock, or 10 Calorie Rock(Cena)

Oh Snapple! posted:

I don't even understand this POV because nothing I've seen of Reigns in-ring leads me to believe him vs. Lesnar is going to be remotely interesting or entertaining.

Hell, I'm mostly just steeling myself for The Punch That Beat Brock Lesnar.

Gonna be a spear hitting his "broken" rib.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Himuro posted:

lmao at WWE fans falling for the damage control due to Raw. loving battered wives over here. :lol:

Nope, I just honestly think that Reigns will be fine so long as they stop scripting him like Cena Jr. Or rather Rock the Third.

His Ring stuff has gotten much much better since getting that Hernia fixed. He's not going to be carrying people to 4 star matches like a Bryan could. But with someone like Brock who is willing to sell his rear end off and carry a match it should be solid(whether solid is good enough for the Main Event of a WM is a great question...)

At Fast Lane have him just beat the ever living poo poo out of the Big Show. 5 minute squash match.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Himuro posted:

You think Reigns will be fine? How does any of this change the Rumble match, the blatant nepotism, or the simple fact he has not ever had an actual singles belt or won any accolades (I.e. MITB, IC belt) or a singles test push before being handed the keys? A green guy who isn't ready is getting the keys to the company car and you're fine with that because Reigns is more comfortable when he's not Cena 2.0?

WWE fans :lol:

Shrug, outside of random thought exercises I don't think too hard about it. In the WWE it's been the way for a long rear end while that Belts don't mean anything. Belts are really ever only used as a vehicle to promote their (bad) stories. Also he was a part of a Tag Team champion(The highest of honors).

Dudes getting hotshotted the title isn't new territory. I'm not saying this is the optimal or a good path, It's actually probably the dumbest path you could take. Because it's quite possible that they ruin him from being able to be that number 1 face if they push him too hard and too fast. Just like they almost did with Cena, until he managed to get over by being Vanilla Ice on his way to the top before becoming HUSTLE LOYALTY AND RESPECT.

So yes I'm a fan of the product, but considering they still put on some good shows and have good talent I'm fine with watching as long as I still get to see people I like fake fight. That Triple Threat was loving awesome. The Divas' match was surprisingly good for a Main Roster Divas match. Cesaro and Tyson Kidd are still great(Eh, to Adam Rose) . Miz/dow have managed to not outlive their welcome yet. Daniel Bryan, Dean Ambrose etc etc.

If they aren't at the top of the Card then fine. It's not my problem, doesn't affect me at all. I don't get paid depending on where my favorites are on the card.

I don't watch things I hate, the second I stop finding any enjoyment in it, is the second I just walk away.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Man, Having Cena run with the US title would be amusing as gently caress. Also potentially eleva--- ahahahahhahahaha

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

He has a match at fast lane guys it's his third match. It's totally cool

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Padje posted:

Roman Reigns will prove he's deserving when he beats Bryan at Fast Lane!

The crowd will be won over!

hahah Roman is going to put on a 5 star classic with The Big Show in a last man standing match.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Wyatt/Orton, and Rollins/Bryan would be so loving good guys.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I dunno if you're being sarcastic or not but I actually legit agree. I mean yes, it was terribly executed but goddamn, dude went for a long shot and I respect that, especially given recent (justified) criticisms.
He really is the new Cena

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

J-Ru says this version is actually cut down and the setup to get to this point took seemingly forever.

Wow, I missed that. Roman Reigns is making me respect Cena more and more.

Also with that stupid rule, wasn't Dean dating Renee?

• Locked thread