Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Been pretty sick and not getting enough sleep, so I took a nice nap when I heard that Raw was canceled and slept through the whole thing. From the sounds of it, I need to see this garbage after I finish tonight's work because holy poo poo, some of the stuff in the OP sounds like fool's gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Swagger Dagger posted:

wait what's wrong with the apron dropkick

It takes an architect to set it up, and Roman Reigns is no architect so it takes him a million years to finish it.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

KungFu Grip posted:

were you not reading the raw thread, there were a handful of people mad about that and most them were so mad they stopped posting and went to complain to their ppv provider if they bought from that instead

At this point if someone chooses to not use The Network after looking at the prices, hearing the song, and listening to commentary call them dumb for buying PPV, they probably deserve to watch the Royal Rumble twice even if their country doesn't get it.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Fiveace Attorney posted:

i know mick means well but its like hes never ever met or talked to vince in his life or something

His brain's basically jelly so he might be forgetting those years if he stands up too quickly.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

TheJoker138 posted:

Mick is referencing the fact that he is texting buddies with Vince.

So was CM Punk, and we all saw what happened to him.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Phenix Rising posted:

I think they're referring to there being no WCW to jump to for the performers, not the fans.

All the more reason we need to keep watching Lucha Underground until they can get above ground and become a competitor.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Skunk has seen the Ascension entrance too many times. Or, maybe, not enough times.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

perhaps it was your choice of beer. i recommend steel reserve. the tall ones.

The heat against WWE at the Royal Rumble wasn't hot enough to melt steel, so how did it all fall down? Wake up and ask questions!!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

oatgan posted:

Roman Reigns is hilarious and I hope they never realize he's not the guy

Agreed, wanna right the Roman train all the way off the rails, careening into the ocean, and then slowly descending to the bottom.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

BGrifter posted:

It would be pretty great if Vince got pissed at Reigns and we got a series of hilarious punishment gimmicks for him kind of like a big Samoan Damien Sandow.

Roman Grenier
Roman and Chuck
Rom Cara

Rome Ryder.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Workrate and amount of spots are the only things that matter.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Alain Post posted:

I actually think *3/4 overrates the rumble, though I guess it was slightly more enjoyable than NAO/Ascension.

I got to see Zack Ryder get cheered and look almost tough for 40 seconds, so it was definitely better than NAO v. Ascension.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
I hope Bryan v. Ziggler goes on the pre-show where they usually relegate poo poo like New Day and Cesaro, because that would just be the most WWE thing possible.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Sad it won't be Bryan v. Kane at Wrestlemania. We could have had the best Inferno Match of all time!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Fat Lowtax posted:

It's really bad that Ambrose/Rollins was ended by ghosts, I know the Shield triple threat is probably their biggest dream match but Ambrose/Rollins could have been sick for this year's WM.

I still laugh when I think back to people around the time of Bray's Spooky Ride starting saying that the Ambrose/Rollins feud totally couldn't be over and forgotten when it seriously was.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

ambrose and rollins are heels and it's really a handicap match

The lights go out and Ambrose disappears and in his place is Bray Wyatt.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Really, the best possible outcome for WWE at this point is if HHH sharpens one of his shovels and just walks through Titan Towers cutting down as many people as possible before getting to Vince. Since that's unlikely, the next best option is to watch it burn like Kane's pyro when he DQs an over face.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
You forget the part where he's tried for murder afterwards because he can't possibly bury that many people.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Wagrid posted:

I think that you are wrong about this.

Next thing you'll tell me that there's someone out there who could lift The Big Show.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Blasmeister posted:

I love that Orton of all people is held back from the rumble so as not to make him look bad but Bryan is thrown out there front and centre to look like poo poo. Only catchphrase over? No plans to ever make him a main eventer again? I really hope they like hearing Daniel Bryan chanted in min event matches. I wonder if they will even bother to give the unbeaten former champion a title shot in the next 6 months.

People stopped chanting CM PUNK eventually, the same will happen with noted not-over midcarder Daniel Bryan.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

NickRoweFillea posted:

PSP: Insane Clown Posse Appreciation Station

They're from like 6 blocks or whatever from where I live so whether I love or hate ICP, I have to respect them.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

StarkRavingMad posted:

If there's one thing I've learned from WWE, it's that whether I love someone or hate them, I absolutely at all times must respect them.

Except for goat-faced B+ midgets who are only catchphrase over, and people with funny accents like the Swiss. gently caress them.

Good and correct ideas, my man :hfive:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

NickRoweFillea posted:

Reigns as a spoiled nepotistic 21st century baby heel would be cool I think

Vince should base the Heel Reigns character on the Millenials he hates. It'll be great.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Spermgod posted:

if you look at how much interest the WWE threads on here generate compared to anything else it's hard not to conclude that that applies to most people here too

I'm a trainwreck fan myself. Gonna get a tattoo of a train on me and become a wrestler and call my finisher End of the Line.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Onmi posted:

BUT... THAT...

Look, I don't like that Reigns won, but that's so loving dumb, people outside the rumble eliminate people inside the rumble ALL THE TIME

Yeah, but they eliminate nobodies like CM Punk, not important people like Kane or The Big Show.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

the_Vandal posted:

Daniel Bryan should shave his head and start carrying a battle axe to the ring. An actual axe and not Brie Bella. Sorry if there was any confusion there.

Daniel Bryan should shave his head and tag with Erick Rowan.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Dr. Dirt posted:

Maybe all of the weird non-endings involving Wyatt last year were leading up to his match with Undertaker?

Shame they put Bray against Dean Ambrose and 'Taker against Lesnar, otherwise it could have been billed as winning streak versus losing streak, match of the century right there.

oatgan posted:

the crab walk actually looks very silly and i laugh every time he does it in increasingly stupid spots while his opponent has to sell the shock of a man walking upside-down on his hands and feet

This. They wouldn't be so shocked if they'd pick up DDP Yoga!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

To: Philly

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Daniel Bryan posted:

Cena and Ambrose vs Bray Wyatt and Seth Rollins

The Ambrose/Wyatt feud lives on!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Those dreams are better booked than current WWE.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Daniel Bryan posted:

Sgt Slaughter was interviewed a few days ago and said people were mad Bryan was eliminated from the Rumble because they couldn't chant Yes anymore.

I mean, he's not wrong, technically, since at that point there wasn't anything to chant yes about unless Damien Brydow's music hit.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Neodoomium posted:

I don't want to wish permanent disability upon anyone except Kevin Dunn, but I wish Cena and Reigns would both go on the shelf simultaneously for a couple of months to scare Vince into actually elevating some other guys. He's been very fortunate to have his Ace stay healthy for as long as Cena has.

Deep down inside, you know that as soon as either of them were ready to come back whoever got shuffled into the main event in their place will turn into a comedy jobber. Look at how Ziggler looked for a bit while Reigns was out, now he's back to where he was before because he isn't needed. They gave him the win over The Authority, then brought them back when Reigns was good to go so that he could probably kill them at some point.

As far as the assassination of Rusev goes, I can't wait for Cena to lure Lana away with his charms and just work on turning Rusev into Zack Russian one step at a time until we only see him like four times a year on Main Event and Superstars.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

DeathChicken posted:

he just wins a lot over people that are liked.

Somewhere, Vince read this post and began booking Reigns' feuds for the year: heel Ambrose and heel Bryan.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Xenoletum posted:

From the sound of it, Bryan's actually given a loose outline. He was asking if that run was better because of how he was pushing Roman out then Putting him over after, but the guy was asking Bryan to compromise by saying wrestling a little less.

Looks like he might have a little leeway with his script.

Codependent Poster posted:

Uh, hearing wrestlers be like "how was that?" when asking about how they said lines people wrote for them is so sad.

Part of my job is watching and transcribing interviews like this and this is pretty much par for the course for anything you'd find behind the scenes in literally any reality TV show, including the much-beloved post-Raw main event, Chrisley.

Although, having seen hundreds of hours of people answering questions and shooting the poo poo, I've gotta say DB is a pretty bad speaker compared to most nobodies in dead-end reality TV. However, he is considerably better as a talker than interviewees on fully scripted TV shows, so he's got that going for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Fat Lowtax posted:

Their booking of Reigns has definitely been tone-deaf enough for them to give him a ten minute RAW match against an underdog Curtis Axel and hell, I'm looking forward to it

It'll be a ten second Raw match.

• Locked thread