Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

NutritiousSnack posted:

While that was bad, anyone wanting a month or week long ban for low level trolling is overacting.

Someone in trad games got the 100,000 hour probation for low level trolling a while ago. I think a week or a month is a happy medium!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Fiveace Attorney posted:

its dumb but at least its throwing a bone to the fans after that godawful rumble

It's one of the most insulting things I've ever seen WWE do.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Fiveace Attorney posted:

i hope you mean the rumble

Both the rumble and then immediately playing the rumble on TV, giving a double gently caress you to people who paid money to watch it.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Phenix Rising posted:

I guess I don't get all of the Roman hate from his first promo tonight. It wasn't terrible? They let him talk like a normal human and he sounded conversational and relatively comfortable, not like a doofus reciting shitball lines.

I'm in the camp of wishing it was Bryan, Ziggler, Ambrose, Bray, Rusev etc. winning last night and also agree that Roman has seriously cooled since the Shield breakup. He's not the best in the ring and his heavily scripted promos have been awful. But, I feel like the promo tonight was totally passable despite being really strange topically and not really being put together in a way that endears him to the fans who were booing him.

I feel like everyone is doing that thing where they just poo poo on him for anything now, even if he puts in a performance that isn't terrible.

The problem I have is yeah, it wasn't terrible. It was a solid midcard quality promo from a guy who has potential who should be working his way up the card. It was not in any way a promo I would expect from someone who is being crammed down my throat as the one to beat the one in twenty one and one.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
I don't want Roman to look cool. I want him to be humble. Where's Sheiky baby?

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

TheJoker138 posted:

I don't think Vince can fire someone who doesn't work for him anymore, no matter how hard he tries or wishes he could.

That reminds me of the Patrice O'Neal story he told about writing for WWE. Stephanie fired him personally one day and he was like "ok sure. peace." and she allegedly continued calling him for weeks to remind him he was fired, because he just didn't care in the way she wanted him to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
He's a prototype white rapper turned fake marine turned aging ubermensch.

• Locked thread