Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

If it means ending this godawful feud and Kane going away for awhile (hopefully forever) then yes

:laffo: they'll have another match at fast lane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Memento posted:

Guys, stop talking poo poo, GFW isn't a "fantasy" at all.

It's a t-shirt company.

gently caress you

they also sell trucker hats

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

just have curtis axel claim he never got to enter, have The Authority use it as an excuse to do a do-over shorter rumble with like 20 people to get the shot off of Reigns, and then have someone who's actually over win the 2nd time. it's super loving cheap but there's still ways to get roman out of that spot and someone else in there

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I am convinced this is going to end up as a Lesnar/Bryan/Reigns/Ambrose fatal four way match of some kind. Even if they're going to test the waters with Reigns for the next few weeks, they set up the backup plan tonight with Bryan and Ambrose's promos so when Reigns gets mostly rejected we end up with that. I liked the last group of interviews even if Roman Reign's first promo was goddamn horrible and alienating.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

and that is going to bite them in the rear end, hard

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

They are basically begging us to please accept Roman Reigns is great and deserves this before all the other people who are better and you like more who connect with the audience otherwise he's going to cry and that's not cool man, he's related to The Rock and you like The Rock.

The ending with Roman, Heyman, and Brock was OK but holy poo poo why did they have him do that first promo.

EDIT: By the way, before I say anything was the thing with Roman having an earpiece end up being true?

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jan 27, 2015

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

hmmmmm why does that sound so familiar?

ah yes, i remember the end of the summerslam 2013 match, where bryan won by debuting his new finisher, the running knee smash into the other guys elbow. Oh wait, it was actually to the face and the arm didn't play into that match after the first few minutes.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

lol they did everything humanly possible to make sure the entire audience knew Cena was well under 100% leading into that match. They could not have more clearly painted the picture that this was not the best Cena in the ring. Even if the finish didn't involve the arm, they went out of their way to point out the injury at pretty much every possible opportunity.

I don't remember the build outside of the bryan/cena promo the raw before the match. But in the match itself they point it out at the beginning of the match and cena does that fake out talking to the doctor, but then that ends up being nothing. Bryan didn't target that arm during the match, I think even when he does the yes lock he put his legs around the healthy arm.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Tonfa posted:

Roman Reigns is so good, he's both the handpicked golden boy and Authority's hated rebel who plays by no rules at the same time

I feel like they need to rastafy him about 10%

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Yuriy posted:

i have no desire to see sheamus do anything since he hasnt actually done anything good apart from his JoMo matches

i like when he has matches with other tall dudes and they potato each other

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

triplexpac posted:

Whatever you think about the current booking, it's insane that I can pay $20 a month and get every WWE PPV and NJPW PPV, as well as all the archives.

I don't think that's ever going to stop blowing my mind. I used to pay like $20 just for a single DVD set of a guy's best matches, now I can just load up pretty much whatever I want at any time.

its a crazy time. as much poo poo as I talk about the main show, the nxt specials and archives are worth the money. NJPW world and the network for less than what I spend going out 1 night

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Maxwell Lord posted:

It really feels like they should give Bryan some kind of big name match at Mania 31 to appease fans (without putting him in the main event, which honestly would feel a little repetitive and contrived.) However I honestly can't think of someone to put him against. He's fought (and beaten) HHH and John Cena, Lesnar is in the main, I'm going to basically assume Taker is done, it may be too late to wrangle in Rock or Austin, he's fought Bray and Kane and Big Show and pretty much anyone who would be an appropriate challenge.

I know Bryan/Sheamus is the plan and there has to be *something* better than that, but it's pretty slim pickings.

gently caress it have cena lose at fast lane and have bryan beat rusev at mania

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

West007 posted:

I don't get why they had to pair Reigns with the loving Big Show, just retire already. I'd like to see him feud with Cesaro, put on some good matches, get a little over based on his in ring performance or something, ANYTHING that isn't Kane or Big Show. I used to love the Shield but the booking is just making me hate Reigns.
I'm sure they just "didn't think of it" just like they didn't think bringing Bryan back to help pop the Royal Rumble viewership would actually have people expect him to win.

They expected the most cynically booked possible "gently caress these guys you enjoy more, you'll cheer Roman reigns even if we need to pay for The Rock goddamnit" Rumble wouldn't get the audience backlash it did.

They think putting reigns in with big show is a really good idea. Let that sink in.

Sigma posted:

Fair enough, but Vince and company better hope they have the crowd figured out 100% before they hit the curtain.
They won't

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

Or don't go to the shows at all

Yeah. I didn't cancel my network subscription but royal rumble made me doubt spending +$120 at least on a wrestlemania ticket, despite there being one in my area for the first time in my life.

Also if the live crowd keeps on hating him they'll end up doing something. Punk leaving last year gave us triple h vs. Bryan, but batista getting poo poo on so bad led to them adding him to both matches instead of just the one.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Probably fine because it'll be all you can get on the Reigns house shows.

Hey this isn't true at all they'll also have at least 2 cena shirts. We'll also get reports that for some reason they're the only ones doing merch sales at house shows!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

True, however, my point is that I'm pretty sure positive reinforcement directly associated with the guys you want pushed is more likely to be noticed than a boycott.

people buying zack ryder merch sure did help his career

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

electric funeral posted:

Was he ever actually a big merch mover?

not huge or anything close but higher than someone at his level, even into the 2nd half of 2012 long after they cut him down

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I would kill Bryan off in the casket match on Thursday, but I'm open to other ways to stop bullshitting everyone and admit he's a defeated character.

I can't think of a better way to make the crowds reject reigns even more. "They killed bryan because we didn't like reigns gently caress them boooooooooooooooooooooooo" didn't work with 18 seconds, didn't work with hell no comedy, didn't work having him look like a chump to the authority in 2013, didn't work having him not be in the 2014 rumble, didn't work having him lose so easily in 2015, not going to work ever

come on even if they're not going to change reigns/lesnar one of the main ways they can salvage this is giving bryan some big one on one win at mania

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jan 28, 2015

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The entire roster is beneath him other than Rollins and he can't have the briefcase if they're making Reigns the top babyface.

Bryan beats Rollins in a match not for the briefcase. Why does Rollins mania match have to be for the briefcase?

Though as I've suggested earlier since they're doing the match at Fast Lane have cena lose thanks to big show or some poo poo and have bryan beat Rusev instead. They got options

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Because you look like an idiot if you were stripped of the title and don't demand the #1 contendership or briefcase.

And the authority won't grant it, but bryan will prove he's better than their golden boy anyway. Not super hard to write

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

That kills Roman.

How? Roman already beat him and is going to win the title later. The crowd is going to be hostile to him no matter what, but if bryan gets a big showcase match at wrestlemania and wins they can at least midigate it to Cena type stuff rather than the current 2014 Batista situation.

If bryan doesn't get anything but sheamus or even less than Roman dead in the water.

The Landstander posted:

...is Bryan/Cena 2 at WM an insane concept? I know we've been rumored Rusev but they're fighting at Fast Lane for some reason anyway.

I dunno just tossing that out, doubt WWE would go in that direction.

I'm so cynical at this point I think they'll only do Cena/Bryan 2 to get Cena his win back. And having Cena beat Bryan would be the dumbest thing if they want to mitigate the Roman reigns hate in the main event

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Jan 28, 2015

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The Landstander posted:

Hehe, not to go too deep into this but the concept of Cena vs. WWE Champion Roman Reigns in Chicago just went through my head. :parrot:

it would end up as the more elaborate version of that episode of ECW that WWE ran at the Hammerstein which was headlined by Big Show/Batista

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

congrats roman you're finally getting cena over with the crowd that hates him vince must be proud of you

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

oatgan posted:

I used to be fine with Roman Reigns but after the rumble it's infinitely more fun to hate him and i was sure he was winning going into the match

same. it's less that he won but how cynically they booked that rumble. they canceled everything that would be a fun moment and made everyone look like poo poo and even brought out the rock just to beg us to love reigns and stop liking other people

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sydney Bottocks posted:

This is a company where their top title was treated as a secondary belt whenever John Cena wasn't holding or challenging for it. All their belts are worthless and have been for quite some time now.

meh, people like me bought a lot of ppvs in 2012 to watch cm punk defend the belt even if cena was doing loony toons poo poo in the last match of the card and I'm sure the same thing would happen if they gave bryan the big gold belt with roman doing loony toons poo poo on the last match of the card

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Rhonne posted:

Wait, do they think Ziggler is just catchphrase over too? What is the WWE's obsession with catchphrases? Did they think the Rock and Stone Cold where just catchphrase over too?

ironically i'd say nowadays they'd think rock was over while austin was just catchphrase over

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

mania comes to the bay area and it's the biggest wet fart of a card since wrestlemania 26. at least 29 had taker/punk for me to get excited about now there's nothing except the fact that i get to save a ton of money

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Daniel Bryan posted:

And here's your top Mania card basically locked up barring injuries or whatnot:

Reigns vs Lesnar WWE Title
HHH vs Sting
Cena vs Rusev
Taker vs Wyatt (if Taker agrees)
Orton vs Rollins
Bryan vs Ziggler

:gas:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

That just reminded me of Punk's complaints about how they took every opportunity handed to them for good publicity and either ignored it or tried to force their idea of who should REALLY be involved into it.

:sigh:

when punk left they decided to treat daniel bryan exactly the same minus 6 great weeks last year. please retire after your dates are up, bryan :smith:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Shima Honnou posted:

I still laugh when I think back to people around the time of Bray's Spooky Ride starting saying that the Ambrose/Rollins feud totally couldn't be over and forgotten when it seriously was.

i hate everyone who ever defended the ending to that match outside of "it's so awful and retarded and missed the point it's hilarious" much like pretty much anything since the shield broke up

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Fat Lowtax posted:

They can't gently caress up the Shield triple threat, by the way. It's impossible. I'm gonna say it.

ambrose and rollins are heels and it's really a handicap match

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

fart blood posted:

which is not only dumb, but doesn't make sense: you want your guys to talk, but when they do and it works, you dismiss it as "catchphrase over?" What the hell?

much like "we want the superstars to get over and it's their fault they don't get pushed" and "we were going to push bryan from summerslam to wrestlemania but that one buyrate made the stockholders change our plans" it's another lie to try and placate people while they continue to do what they want

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Alain Post posted:

Reigns isn't exactly moving poo poo either and his push is not going to be long-lived if he doesn't move poo poo, no matter what he looks like.

they never gave up on randy orton

Shima Honnou posted:

Really, the best possible outcome for WWE at this point is if HHH sharpens one of his shovels and just walks through Titan Towers cutting down as many people as possible before getting to Vince. Since that's unlikely, the next best option is to watch it burn like Kane's pyro when he DQs an over face.

reigns/lesnar was triple h's idea. vince's original idea was rock/brock

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sanguinia posted:

The fact that that observer article mentioned that the top brass make fun of the Yes chants because THEY'LL DO THEM FOR ANYBODY and that's not just a one of those stick-it-to-the-smarks heel things Stephanie came up with to get heat is loving sad. People still Woo every time Miz goes for the Figure Four. FREAKING MIZ. Do you think that they had a laugh at the What chants and scoffed at the idea that Stone Cold was ever anything more than catchphrase over too?

it's a lie they use. also remember that stone cold walked out because he was going to job clean to lensar on raw with no build up they really didn't give that much of a poo poo about austin at the end

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

How was Wrestlemania 26 a wet fart of a card? Legacy triple threat, Money in the Bank, HHH/Sheamus, Mysterio/Punk, Jericho/Edge, Cena/Batista, Taker/Michaels career match main eventing. All were solid to excellent and had good builds, the rest of the card wasn't bad (though the Harts kicking Vince's rear end went on way too long), and all the major feuds meant something and intersected several times or traded feuds back and forth in the year before.

That's really one thing that's missing nowadays: Intersecting stories. Only 5 years ago they had crossovers in their main event feuds and angles, and you don't see that nearly as much now. In 2010, DX broke up for the final time to service both the HHH/Sheamus and HBK/Taker feuds, the Rumble and Chamber matches fueled HBK's angle with Taker while putting the belt on Jericho for his match with Edge, and Cena took the belt off Sheamus so he'd be free to fight HHH while Batista cashed in on Cena to set up their match. Before that in '08-'09 we got Batista, Cena, Taker, Edge, Jericho, and HBK all bouncing between feuds with each other on a consistent basis, plus Orton, HHH, and Punk's early run topping it off.

whoops I meant 27 or whichever had cena/miz and Cole/lawler

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Dimebags Brain posted:

I just want my loving Bryan/Lesnar match and at this point I don't even care how they get there.

same honestly gently caress whatever story excuses they use at this point I just want a non-garbage mania in the bay area. the writing isn't good these days either way last year was a fluke

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sting is going to help Roman keep his mania spot and sting will then be booed

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

i came to see roman reigns do a springboard dragonrana to the outside

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

i like seth's high spots because, like the triple threat sunday or how he helped eliminate a bunch of people in that survivor series match, it ends up being more of hit-and-run tactic instead of a super face way to do it and it's cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

the whc was basically what the intercontinental title was pre-brand split era. the only problem is when they got rid of the whc they failed to elevate either of the midcard titles back to where it used to be

• Locked thread