Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

While I am down with Reptile, where is Mileena :(

Bow guy gets revealed today too I think when the stream goes on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Yeah the variations/grooves are the furthest thing in the world from stances. And all the new characters pretty much own so far, a MK first :colbert:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Well between the flight variation and the way Quan chi uses air fireballs, I think it is a safe bet Sindel is not making it in the game.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Yeah Deception was the lone shining star of the post mk3 to mk9 era. Kinda got all its ducks in a row. Konquest was great and fun, good stages, good roster, puzzle kombat, although wasn't terribly balanced.

I don't know the numbers but apparently Armageddon was made on a shoestring budget.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Very cool trailer, knowing NRS theres probably a bunch of little diddies to find in the trailer as well. I saw some stiletto heels on one of the animators screens for a second so that is probably Mileena or a new character.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Oh and the Factions menu is either straight up showing Sonya in the game, or Cassie dressed like Sonya.

*ed*

And Chaos realm gets a shoutout as well specifically during the trailer, so maybe chances for Havik are not 0%.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Gamespot also just put up a video now as well: http://www.gamespot.com/videos/a-look-at-mortal-kombat-x-s-new-modes/2300-6423292/

*edit*

Mr. Neutron posted:

I really hope Mileena makes the cut :( She didn't even die in MK9 story !

You and me both buddy :smith: At least currently in the prequel comic, Mileena is trying to usurp Kotal Kahn and become empress of outworld.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

AndyElusive posted:

Soooooooooo online MKX is going to suck, then. Awesome. Great job MKX team.

Wait, why is the online for MK X going to suck because someone else is doing the last gen games? I don't see how that effects anything but the last gen games themselves.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Neo Helbeast posted:

http://instagram.com/p/y7d7-dDPIS/

If Sheeva's not in the game, I think I'm going to main Cassie.

I did not like Cassie at all at first, however the more of those pre-fight quips I see (and the fact that Hollywood style allows for deathstroke style instant air gunshots) she is growing on me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krq0gXF24Rc

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Kurtofan posted:

How would that work.

It wouldn't I imagine.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Kurtofan posted:

What time zone?

streams listed as 3 central so 4pm eastern.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

I'll have to rewatch cause I am not 100% sure but it looked like the reptile stink still kept going even while he was being combo'd. I like the idea of the groove but the idea of losing the match while you are mid-combo is not cool at all.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Jamesman posted:

This is correct. That is what they said happens, and he can enhance the range and damage from the cloud for periods of time.

If you don't wanna die from chip damage, you stay away from him. That's the strategy.

It's more about it ruins any ability to have a comeback when you are at low health as your big game winning combo would get you killed, and that seems pretty lame at any angle.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

I know it won't happen but I want Hara-Kiri's back.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Jamesman posted:

Re-checked. They said the next stream was "soon" and somehow I mulled it over in my head that it was going to be a weekly thing. Bummer.

Well on the brighter side, it looks like there will be another big trailer before the month is out: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/feb/19/there-will-be-pre-release-no-demo-mortal-kombat-x-big-surprise-may-be-coming-month/

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

The next stream date will be announced Monday. Hopefully it will be before the month ends.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Kurtofan posted:

Can't they announce it today.

You gotta announce the announcement, that's how things work nowadays.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

where is the best place to pre buy this puppy for PC?

I think GMG is doing a 25% off voucher for the weekend, so that would be your best bet for now.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Angry Diplomat posted:

Scorpion is the poster boy for MK

I always felt like that was some historical revisionism. Growing up everyone knew Sub-zero was the man and he was even the main focus of MK3(where scorpion was nowhere to be found) and also got his own spin off game. Then somewhere along the line it became official that Scorps was the top dog and that always left me scratching my head.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

precision posted:

I won an MK1 tournament when I was 13 or whatever by playing Sub-Zero and just turtling and taking advantage of opponents' mistakes.

It's me, I'm that rear end in a top hat.

Wow, you are the worst kind of monster.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

If its from the Jamessmk meltdown, I don't remember everything but he says cage sonya jax etc, also mentioning a "tarkatan gunslinger".

To be taken with a huge grain of salt to be sure, but Sonya looks like 100% a lock by now, and Jax and cage are likely.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Sindel appeared to have her mk9 outfit which to me says probably not playable :( (although I figured as much a while ago when quan chi stole her air fireball and ermac gets her flight).

Mileena looks loving badass I can't wait :ssj:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

A) Mentioned before but Mileena looks sick as hell.

B) This is the first time she has ever wore pants.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Sindel has like zero chance. On top of her having her mk9 outfit in the trailer, her moveset has already been divvied up amongst the cast(Quan got her fireballs, ermac her flight).

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Jamesman posted:

I'd rather have then take another crack at Li Mei or Jarek or something than this "All your favorite characters are gone! Here are their children instead!" approach that is making me very uneasy.

I'd rather have no characters than Li Mei or Jarek back.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Damnit please don't bring the Order/Chaos poo poo back

You don't have to to bring Havik back, who is one of the precious few cool as poo poo characters past mk3.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

HMS Beagle posted:

I was going to go PS3 but if the last gen versions do get delayed I'll be getting it on PC.

Just as a heads up, the PC version is also being done by High Voltage, not Netherrealm. I obviously can't speak for MK X but the PC version of Injustice(which they also did) is not highly regarded. Hopefully it turns out fine though.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Yeah so Erron Black

and Cassie selfies

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/a7KHndQ.jpg :nws:

*ed* nws for second one just in case?

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Mar 17, 2015

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Says the second one is removed already.

oh well I have it saved so here lets try round 2.
http://i.imgur.com/6Ce1lkd.jpg

I'd imagine it is her second fatality.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Wanderer posted:

If by "half of them" you mean "Cassie and no one else."

Kotal and D'vorah both own more than even Cassie. Rest of the new characters while not particularly earthshattering are decent, which is a new best for the MK series.

*ed*

oh derp I misread your post, oh well. Kotal and Dvorah still own that is my statement.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Mar 17, 2015

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

TheMaskedChemist posted:

Except that Jaqui doesn't have metal arms, and from what little has been shown of her, she fights nothing like Jax.

Well shes got metal stuff on her arms, but no her arms are not actually made of metal I guess.

Obviously little known, but she has some sort of weapons around her wrists so I imagine fights using that.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Hopefully time for some of the other characters to get shown off(like Mileena damnit).

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

NutritiousSnack posted:

Does see have a different outfit from the trailer, because I quite honestly loving hated that one.

Everyone will have at least 1 alt costume. I dig the look myself, but if you want something else I am 99% positive her more classic look will be back in some fashion cause in an older video they shown for a brief second a model of some stripper rear end stilleto heels, and that really can only belong to Mileena.

As far as the trailer goes, Kung Jin zoning is going to be loving legit although teleports flow more freely in MK than any other fighter so will be a bit matchup dependent. The Mileena sai variant is everything I was hoping for with bonus low hitting projectile, although the other 2 a bit lacking.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

katkillad2 posted:

God drat it. Punished for owning the 360 stick :smith:.

Eh its fine enough for me, more than I expected. At least now I can get a ps3 stick for cheap rather than busting 200 or so bones for a ps4 one.

*ed*

Although I wonder.... mk9 does play pretty fine on a pad. Not spending money at all is also pretty cool.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Mar 20, 2015

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I prefer pad for games with a block button, personally.

Yeah all motions are taps or qcfs at worst, and only need 4 face buttons for attacks a shoulder could be block. PS4 pad might actually be what the doctor ordered now that I think about it.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Bosushi! posted:

I still prefer stick but the run button may be what finally makes me go to pad.

There is no run button in mk x. You hit block during a dash(or block and then dash) and it cancels your dash into a run.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Bosushi! posted:

Don't know how I missed that info. Good to know.

Effectively it means no more dash blocking, which for good or ill was a huge part of mk9. Dashes can only be cancelled into run and nothing else(although run can be cancelled into anything).

Also not widely known is there is a small tiny penalty to running everywhere(or backdashing, as that uses up run bar now to balance out the invuln frames it gives). If your run gauge is anything less than 100% full, you can't use a breaker, which I like because that means if you get got while being overly defense or aggressive then you gotta eat poo poo.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Xbox.com messed up, confirms Predator is the other guest character besides Jason.

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Dlc/Kombat-Pack/c58b4c60-fcb0-42cb-b790-2e1bee90d628#gameDetailsSection

The text in case it gets changed

quote:

Bundle Description:The Kombat Pack is currently available in the Mortal Kombat X Premium Edition on the Xbox Store. Kombat Pack grants early access to 4 new playable characters and skin packs. Stalk and slash your opponents as Horror Icon Jason Voorhees, or play as Predator, the Ultimate Hunter. Two Klassic Mortal Kombat characters complete the offer. Each playable character comes with a themed skin pack including three new skins for select characters. Also includes The Samurai Pack available on April 14th2015.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Hat Thoughts posted:

I know I'm in the minority but I think I would prefer non-guest characters in the DLC. Guest characters are always neat but they also always seem kind of out of place. Also, is the plan with this DLC to have the next one include Alien and Freddy to complete the quartet or what

Well good news, there is 2 non guest characters(mk chars from previous games) in the dlc.

Guest characters will be a thing because they sell copies of the game. Worked for Soul Calibur, and Freddy dlc blew the other characters out of the water in sales in mk9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Tanya looking like whats her face from Blade runner.

Also I am very glad Tremor looks cool as poo poo, because otherwise what the loving gently caress why is he there.

• Locked thread