Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Gavok posted:

Hey, so I wrote this massive article for Den of Geek where I've ranked every single Mortal Kombat character from worst to best.

Mortal Kombat: Ranking All the Characters.

Spoiler: Reiko is the worst.

May I ask what that weird Johnny Cage costume for his picture was from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Jerkface posted:

Cassie Cage: Raiden, help me summon green energy
Raiden: You have not your father's gift...
Cassie Cage: You really suck at being a mentor.

That immediately says to me "You have your mother's." Pink energy isn't bad.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Well, he did show up as DLC in 9. There's little reason he can't show up in 10, unless there's story I've missed recently.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Suspicious Cook posted:

Sub-Zero has always been cooler than Scorpion and Subby getting killed in all of the marketing won't change that. It just makes Ed's poster boy look petty, like he can't win in a real match. :colbert:

Even the endings note those two work better together than apart, so who knows.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

I'm suddenly reminded of Cyber Sub-Zero's ending. Just showing off Cyber-Shao Khan.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Lasher posted:

Waiting for a "Kombat Kidz" tv spin-off.

Recall Defenders of Earthrealm. Also the live-action one. Unless Defenders is the live action and the cartoon was named something else? I forget. 'It wouldn't be the first time', is what I'm saying.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Jamesman posted:

Which really sucks, because that could have been a great reboot and made for an awesome game. :/

They might save it for some other game type.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not gonna happen. It's a tradition for MK bossfights-indeed, MK AI in general-to be utter bull.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

pretty soft girl posted:

OK I think we've reached game of the year territory here

C.Spicer....why do I know that name? Can someone help me out here?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Jerkface posted:

MK3 sucked. NO scorpion, Sub Zero looks lame, they changed the fatality blood sprites & body parts to be shittier. Mk2 was so awesome by comparison :(

This kind of thing makes you realise the bind that game designers have, and how whiny fanbases can be. No one wants anything to change. Then they get slammed for 'not innovating'. And the complaints can be so...petty.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Apr 6, 2015

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

That reminds me: did Boon ever do a reaction concerning HHH's dress-ups at Wrestlemania?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Gavok posted:

I want this to actually be part of the plot. It's kind of awesome. Have it be the official explanation why Kano keeps coming back after different games keep suggesting that he's been killed off.

Shang Tsung must really rate Kano if he's being given cloning. Then again, he probably needs to get supplies and test subjects, and he's the main contact he has.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Mr E posted:

What the gently caress.

It links up with Erron's, it seems to me.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Mr. Neutron posted:

Sindel NPC on very hard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT-wVn5F0Z0

CPU fighters...actually combo :stare:

They always have.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

I'm watching a playthrough of the story.

I'm interested in how Kano managed to trap Raiden. Travelling through other realms, to boot. A new Mortal Kombat Mythology?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

looking.glass.eyes posted:

Wow...then right now, if you choose Black Dragon it means Kano is the only in-faction character available for you until DLC is released? And somehow Black Dragon is still more popular than Special Forces.

Obligatory "The Black Dragon Live On!" reference.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

I look forward to watching various PC matches of 'Old vs New'. Assuming they don't somehow throw out the old Tanya outright.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Spudd posted:

17 seconds, hope that helps Mr blow everything out of proportion.

Bear in mind Corrupted Shinnok's is about 20 seconds from start to 'X wins', as a guide point.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

I'm vaguely curious-on the PC, does Old-Tanya's data still exist? Could you do Old-Tanya vs New-Tanya?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Why would they make Cyrax a skin, when they could make him a character? Predator doesn't even have the bombs that make him, him.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Hulk Krogan posted:

I can't wait for all the nerd tears about how it doesn't make sense for the baby alien to have a hat or whatever.

There'll be more over it being allowed on Triborg.

Then again, if they followed that and disabled it, there'd be even worse whining.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Mar 4, 2016

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

The Bee posted:

Kratos is like Triple H. He can never appear scared or vulnerable.

On the face of it, it sounds reasonable. It's when you actually see it that it looks 'off', barring things like 'when shrunk, he starts yelling instead of acting scared before the boot comes down on him'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Gavok posted:

The Year Five Annual, which was recently released, does shed a little light on Injustice 2's storyline. Apparently, New Genesis invaded and possibly conquered Apokalips shortly before the first game.

That's fairly astounding and really, really huge. Sure, Darkseid wanted the Anti-Life Equation, but that's mostly because New Genesis and Apokalips were utterly evenly matched, and neither could defeat each other. It was too wasteful to continue. So the question then becomes; How did New Genesis get the strength and will to pull that off?

• Locked thread