Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

Why were the post MK3 games so bad, before Warner acquired Netherrealm? Was it Midway's fault?

Pretty much. Midway was giving really tiny budgets to the Mortal Kombat team for years and then Warner Bros gave them a huge budget for MK9.

Andrew Verse posted:

Only MK4 was bad. The rest were decent.

Deadly Alliance and Armageddon were awful, only Deception was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Sinners Sandwich posted:

What Killer Instinct charecter most deserves to guest star? I can't figure out anyone that would be new ground or improper of being a guest charecter.

Spinal

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
That trailer also references Brutalities as being in the game :aaa:

Also looks like Kitana??

VarXX fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Feb 6, 2015

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
They mention in the IGN video that the build they played still had 12 characters locked out that haven't been revealed so there's still a chance. I imagine she'll show up since she's still trying to take over outworld according to the MKX comics.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Perestroika posted:

From what I've been told, Natural Selection 2 had a problem like that where they mostly looked at data and input from the most experienced top players for balance, which ended up even further unbalancing everything for the 90% of the playerbase who wasn't at that level.

That's not entirely true. UWE had a bunch of analytic tools that showed win ratio and other details across all of the live servers as well as the test servers and they made balance decisions based on those as well as taking input from the top players and fellow playtesters, and quite a few of us weren't exactly top tier.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
Here's the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWq_iDOEe_Q

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

How were they before?

Really long combos done after it says Finish Him/Her

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
Is this Johnny Cage?

I also saw Sindel in the trailer.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
The gunslinger guy from the comic is in the trailer as well.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

MinibarMatchman posted:

are you sure that's Rain? looks like whoever that is has tits. Not gonna lie, I hope at least Cyrax or Noob make it in. Cyrax I'd be very surprised if he got shafted, has been the more popular cyborg since Deadly Alliance

That's definitely Rain

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

TheMaskedChemist posted:

Shinnok also is shown getting eaten by the plot device in what looks to be a pretty early scene in the game. I would find him to be the least likely character.

He's definitely in the game. He showed up in the trailer that talked about online and the living tower stuff.

That scene looked like a flashback.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

TheMaskedChemist posted:

Which one is Shinnok? I can't really tell with that picture. It looks like Sub-Zero, Jax(?), Kung Jin, Quan Chi, and then Sonya(?). Also MK9's tower had Goro in it so it's not the best indicator of who is playable against somebody who shows up as a fightable boss.

That's not Jax, that's Shinnok.

edit: actually now I'm not sure, the face looks like Shinnok but the arms are steel.

VarXX fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Feb 27, 2015

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Davincie posted:

if we're talking about other violent fighters now, anyone remember what fighter it was that got banned in the 90's? i remember one of the levels taking place in a restroom and possibly it having 4 players?

Thrill Kill. It was really bad. They eventually took the engine and came out with Wu-Tang Shaolin Style.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
e;fb

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Who is Tremor? Also who the gently caress cares about Tanya

Fake secret character like Skarlet

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
I think Kreate a Fatality was one of the victims of Midway's downfall at the time. I distinctly remember in an interview when they first revealed Armageddon, and the guy talking was mentioning the Kreate a Fatality system, and also mentioning that, at that time, there were still character specific fatalities within that system, he mentioned Sub-Zero had the spine rip and Scorpion had Toasty, and you could pull those off during the Kreate a Fatality stuff. Then those things never showed up and, man Armageddon sucked :(

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
7 freaking days

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
That's lame I hope theres something else and just no one has figured it out yet

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
Brutalities in MKX are basically create a fatality

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
You can preload on PS4 now by the way, you might have to delete the Goro addon first though if it installed already.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
I'm going to wait and actually play the game and see the netcode for myself because 100% of the time the internet has no idea what netcode actually means

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
Don't Buy Fighting Games on PC

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
It wasn't even a new idea, it's something Valve tried to use a long time ago back in 2007 and then never again because it didn't work, they just never took the capability out of steam or did anything with it at all to improve it

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Also wow the I totally forgot the living tower mode, that's gonna add a lot.

I tried it and it's pretty fun and I'm glad that there is a tower that constantly changes every hour. You get a lot of Koins for doing well in it as well.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

JetsGuy posted:

Did y'all do the "don't install the patch" thing where you get 10x koins?

This game gives out so many koins that I imagine prepatch you could unlock the entire krypt in less than a day

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
So hey, some people are saying there was no nerf to koins at all, you just get less the second time you do things so reviewers thought they got nerfed

VarXX fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 15, 2015

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
None of the Story exclusive guys have a variation so I don't think they're really finished

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Neo Rasa posted:

Is the MKX app ever going to be on android?

This is how it worked in MK9 also is it not?

Yes, though it does seem like the final battle in story mode is giving way less koins than it should. Gave me a whole 100 when the previous fight gave over 2k so I'm assuming it's a bug

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
What is this PSN Room????

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
Boy is online not fun to play with all the dropped inputs

edit: hahah went to quit and it dropped frames on the loving menu and rematched anyway. This is by far the worst online experience I've ever had in a mortal kombat ever

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

gannyGrabber posted:

dont leave me :(

I dunno if it's my internet but half the time it just drops my combos altogether and i'm just punching the air over and over and it got really aggrivating. Gonna take a break

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
Boy the number of times Erron's 11 db3 came out as 11 when online is really annoying or the dozens of times f21 df2 did f212

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Catpiss Neverclean posted:

Anyone know any good ways to grind for koins? It seems like once you have exhausted the bonus gold from doing stuff in the krypt it's very thin on the ground.

Towers

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

VarXX posted:

I dunno if it's my internet but half the time it just drops my combos altogether and i'm just punching the air over and over and it got really aggrivating. Gonna take a break

Hey just want to say it was my internet, specifically me using wifi. Switched to wired and everything is fine now

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Mr. Unlucky posted:

Removed awesome characters from 9, replaced them with new ones who are either stupid gimmick bullshit or completely generic and forgettable, hmm this sounds familiar. Crap money hungry dlc model and more guest characters no one asked for taking up precious slots in a game already heavily lacking in it's roster.

I thought they would be able to go more than one game before we were back to lovely MK but it looks like they burned the rest of their inspiration on Injustice.

:qq:

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

gannyGrabber posted:

The brut' and scoot... :(

So salty now!!

Sorry, I had to get going. Good Games! It's a lot more tolerable now that I'm wired

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

gannyGrabber posted:

Yeah, i'm still working on adjusting. Hard to punish poo poo properly! The goddamn flying god should have you eating 30 percent when i block it, but i just cant seem to get my fingers to do the thing!

Good games, i'll have my vengeance soon enough...

I'll probably be back on in a few hours. I feel like everything I've learned from MK9 has been lost

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
So, right now there's a faction invasion thing going on and if you attempt the Invasion Boss you get 200+ koins each attempt and they take less than 30 seconds so if you need koins nows your chance

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

Who's the boss?

Mileena with infinite health and super armor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
I thought Raidens bit about Kung Jin's heart's desires was referring to him being a thief and stealing from the temple not that he was gay, I must have missed something

• Locked thread