Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Variations aren't stances.

My biggest fear for the game was that it would be like Deadly Alliance(?) and have those really dumb weapon stances. I'm really glad that it is not like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

may contain peanuts posted:

Oh man, I forgot about that. He just kept doing non-true blockstrings into missiles and Chris had no idea how to deal.

Anybody have any links to this? It sounds hilarious.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Do you suck at MK9 but enjoy the story mode and high level play? Click this link to this video of Vman playing it though on expert, or be like me and add to your watch later list and then forget about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyr0SX9Uhgc

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

TheMaskedChemist posted:

A good or heroic character. In old western movies the good guys wore white hats, and the evil outlaw cattle rustlers would wear black. Though those exact symbols are rarely used today. They still exist as part of the media lexicon.

It was used most recently in the Lone Ranger movie but with a much more muted palette.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
http://instagram.com/p/y7d7-dDPIS/

If Sheeva's not in the game, I think I'm going to main Cassie.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Evil Canadian posted:

I did not like Cassie at all at first, however the more of those pre-fight quips I see (and the fact that Hollywood style allows for deathstroke style instant air gunshots) she is growing on me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krq0gXF24Rc

Holy poo poo I hadn't seen that one. Whelp, I'm gonna main her definitely now.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Bloodly posted:

That immediately says to me "You have your mother's." Pink energy isn't bad.

Too much Pink energy is dangerous.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Re: Fatalities in tournaments, it depends on the event. EVO, CEO, and NorCal all banned Fatalities in pools as a time saver, once you got to Top 8 it was anything goes.

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Feb 27, 2015

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Gavok posted:

Mortal Kombat Annihilation is only slightly more watchable than Mortal Kombat: The Journey Begins.

Look at that amazing CGI!

I bought the Mortal Kombat bluray specifically because it was included in the special features.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

I said come in! posted:

This is the only game I want to play right now.

Just 3 weeks away now.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
IGN just leaked Fujin on accident:

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

may contain peanuts posted:

That sucks. This is actually really annoying for tournaments because you end up needing to beat story mode on every console you're using for the tournament. Hopefully you can also buy the character.

Dead or Alive continues to be the best Tourney game just for the fact it had an Exhibition mode and now (because of the world's largest gently caress up) even has a straight up unlock everything code.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

It's probably about 50/50 odds between the model actually not being finished and being a rush job in response to the leak or the usual trend of NRS modelers and animators sucking at women's faces.

I'm guessing the first one. MS messed up real bad with that leak.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
The Xbone digital premium bundle preorder is on sale for $80.99, down $9 for the regular price: https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Bundle/Mortal-Kombat-X-Premium-Edition/53549aef-c680-46bf-ab8e-a7c87a4a6338

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Huh:

The Ultimate Horror Pack

– Playable character Jason Voorhees
– Horror skins Vampiress Mileena, Kraken Reptile and Pharaoh Ermac

The Klassic Pack #1

– Playable character Tanya
– Klassic skins for Kano, Sonya and Liu Kang

The Predator / Prey Pack

– Playable character Predator
– Predator-themed skins Commando Johnny, Infrared Scorpion and Carl Weathers as Jax

The Klassic Pack #2

– Playable character, Tremor
– Klassic skins for Quan Chi, Jax and Kung Lao

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I just want Tanya or Rain :(

But Tanya is in the season pass. She'll be the second character out after Jason.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

We have officially wrapped back around to 90's MK.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I need Boner Buddies and Playstation Pals for this game I'm going to get shamefully good at. Xbox: Mechwarrior PSN: MechwarriorPrime.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Proclick maybe(answer yes)? http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/03/30/mortal-kombat-x-all-of-johnny-cages-amazing-intros

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

I'll settle for just being able to finish matches without getting desynced.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

holy loving poo poo, that intro alone was just pure :drat:. I cannot wait to see the rest of that fatality tomorrow, assuming they show it.

@PaletteSwappedNinja: I believe he says "How, exactly?"

Also, he looks to have a helmet on in one of his variations. Really liking his design this time around.

I think the whole thing is "You're heading for a fall Goro" "How, exactly?"

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Rhonne posted:

Here's D'Vorah vs Tanya:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIz28Nfz5Iw

Looks like every new character is going to get a chapter.

Tanya has Kitana's weird standing animation.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I'm a little sad that nobody involved in the stream twitter accounts have brought up how bad it was. Not one glimpse of unprofessionalism after one of the most unprofessional streams.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Unlucky7 posted:

"Aquaman is badass, guys, really!" is the new "Comic books aren't for kids anymore, guys, really!"

The only time Aquaman has ever seemed badass to me was when in the Justice League cartoon he cut off his own arm with a rock to save his son. Then he went back to being a joke.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Bosushi! posted:

Someone posted a Detroit match as an example of a good MK9 Shang Tsung.

This match between Wound Cowboy and Pig of the Hut(best Kenshi player) is my favorite Shang performance. http://youtu.be/mUt1c4FJ048

The match right after that was goddam amazing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9wZExC91B0

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Dosvidanya posted:

If you bought the one with the kombat pack on GMG for 60, you'd spend more money overall if you dropped that since the $44 dollar one is base (and you'd end up spending 20-30 on the DLC)

(US only)Target is selling the Season Pass for $10 from the 12th-18th, if you don't have one near you Walmart will price match that.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
BOSS BATTLE! is a really awesome concept.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Ferra/Torr's ending is a super bummer.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Hakkesshu posted:

Sorry what? Ne aussie?

North East Australia.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Mega Comrade posted:

No but I do expect it to be a reasonable standard, SF4 quality is a pretty low bar that's acceptable, LOTS of other games have surpassed that since and I'm hoping MKX will too. MK9's was what I'd consider unplayable and had some of the worst netcode of a fighting game of the last generation. If this game has the same netcode I likely won't bother picking it up until it goes on sale as while story and such are fun, I'm mainly getting it to beat other people up online.

MK 9's netcode after all of their content patches is literally unplayable, I have 9/10 matches desync in either the second round or the first and that tenth match is so laggy it's basically why bother? I'm still a huge fan of MK, enough that I picked up 2 copies but if I wasn't I'd be right there with you after 9.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Wanderer posted:

There were always two things that kept me from being on board with MK3/UMK3/MKT:

1) the general wackiness of the fatalities by comparison to the last game. Jax giant-stomps a guy, somebody's sprite gets carved into four lazy pieces with their hands floating in mid-air next to their hips, people exploding into a pile of multiple legs and rib cages, Sindel's hair spin, etc. I remember taking a hand-copied list of secret fatality inputs to the MK3 machine at the convenience store near my high school, pulling them off, and invariably they were disappointing. Great, I spent seventy-five cents to watch yet another meat explosion.

2) it's still a stand-out to me in terms of pure bullshit AI. UMK3 AI Jade should be right up there with CPU SF2 Guile in terms of cheating AI opponents.

Finally figuring out the timing to beat Jade was my proudest moment at the arcade, you couldn't just go in whole hog you had to wait for her run at you. I also can't hate UMK3/MKT because it gave us Sheeva who was lady Goro and could do 52% damage combos. But yeah MK2 was the best for finishers.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

RageBeef posted:

IT HAS BEGUN!

Updated goonlist:

PSN:
Rooflemonger
foxmedik
VoodooYardbomb
kyleh614
RC_Cola_in_a_can
AishanReborn
pinion1313
UnsubRedun
Shnucka
SirBadgington
Javes
GurgleMuppet
RageBeef
the_bunkster
skopzi
Unicornicus
tedious_jazz
braindusted
keyframe007
SlothCB
Halgreth
ContestWinner
DrKrankenwagen

XBL:
Doc Morbid
Steel Colossus
zombie boat
thespicerules
jwalker88
Offshoretoast
frustrated guy

And once again we've got an irc channel on SynIRC #mkxgoons

edit: vvv fixed vvv

XBL: Mechwarrior PSN: Mechwarriorprime

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I'm having difficulties executing Goro's Shokan Grab while mixing it in with combos, the game just eats my input. Is this me being lovely or is this a thing?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Evil Canadian posted:

Mannn, I looked through some of the frame data on more than a casual glance now and Jacqui is loving insane. She is basically 0 on block on most everything(which means you both return to neutral at the same time for the new people) and in full auto even her low hitting rocket is 0 on block.

Basically its just screaming for abuse.

Have you seen D'vorah yet? Her Swarm Queen variation has a move that's +23 on block. This game isn't even close to being balanced.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

JetsGuy posted:

So as someone who never bothered caring about frames in a fighting game ever...

That means that if that move is blocked she's vulnerable for 23 loving frames?

The opposite, she's at advantage by 23 frames if the opponent blocks it.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Spermgod posted:

what a weird line of argument

I don't really mean that, I'm just butthurt that Goro is low tier which is following Sheeva's trend.

Evil Canadian posted:

b2 is actually a great special cancelable overhead?

Yes and that move has 400 years of startup and you can just easily run and combo her for free if she does it outside of a combo. If you are bad it kills you I guess.

*ed*

Also if she does it beside you in a blockstring, you can get a free jumpin punch block string on her, or uppercut trade(you win), or if you have a side switching move like mileena ball thats a free combo, or you can armour a move and get a combo etc etc. That is the most fraudulent "strong move" people are hype about.

It's more for on wake up that's going to be the problem as I see it, to me right now she is the new Cyrax because of her vortex potential. I guess give it a month for EVO to see if I'm full of poo poo or not.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Evil Canadian posted:

I haven't tested it myself but apparently it can be canceled both into, and out of. So probably enables some gimmicky poo poo.

It does 2% damage so you can use as a taunt kill in the Finish screen.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Al Borland posted:

139 still my best with reptile. He has the ncie ability to sweep kick her with a combo that does 3 hits if you can do it twice you break her armor right away.

I've gotten 167 with goro but that was abusing his unblockables.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Saint Freak posted:

It's not even out for most of our phones yet is it?

Just checked the Google play store, it is not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I did a thing with Goro: http://imgur.com/WNve85K 45%

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Apr 17, 2015

• Locked thread