Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

MonsterEnvy posted:

Hotaru and Havik could be cool. Well to be fair Havik is rather cool already.

Quan Chi has always been one of my favorite characters. Shinnok from the same games as Quan Chi could be made cool as well with some improvements.

Shinnok shows up at the end of MK9 I've always like Frost because the idea of being like the great grandmaster and just ending up with the worlds worst apprentice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Gavok posted:

Plus there's his ending from Deception where he's all, "Hey, Shujinko! Way to go killing Onaga. Too bad you caused all this poo poo in the first place, you dope. Taste my lightning, fucker!" The fact that it was the only ending that Shujinko didn't narrate made it even better.

Flawed characters are fun which is why I love rear end in a top hat liu kang he actually has a personality for once.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Broose posted:

Story question: Did Jade's soul or whatever come under Quan Chi's control when she got owned by Sindel? I can't remember if I saw her with the others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjhuTG89L30#t=303

right here

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Basically, Johnny Cage is the best thing about MK.

Truth. The hero the game deserves.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

What time is the stream today?

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

AndyElusive posted:

It's going to be interesting to find out how they explain the return of human Sub-Zero.

I'm expecting some kind of time fuckery since, you know, the very much alive Kung Lao.

Quan Chi brought Kung Lao and Kitana back most likely since he owns their souls and all.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Perestroika posted:

It's funny how at one point in the past it was apparently a pretty big deal for Quan Chi (or anyone, for that matter) to actually escape the Netherrealm. Nowadays everybody just kinda waltzes in and out of there like a revolving door.

Well they retconned it a bit magic used to not work in the Netherrealm so it was like holy poo poo this person must be amazing. Now it's like eh just make a portal.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Friends Are Evil posted:

Johnny Cage making dad jokes while doing fatalities might be the greatest thing ever.

I didn't think it was possible for Johnny to get any better but awful dad jokes Johnny is so good.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Tomahawk posted:

This game looks neat but I am waiting for the ultimate edition that includes all of the DLC for $20 in a year or two.

Such is the way of fighting games

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

There's nothing on there that hasn't been speculated already or pretty much a shoe in given the comic. Calling bullshit.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I like how after seemingly trying to keep the last few roster members under wraps they just said gently caress it and confirmed Liu Kang was in.

I think Kitana looks a lot better than MK9 too where she looked like Michael Jackson.

That's because Mircosoft leaked Liu Kang too. It was a massive gently caress up.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

codenameFANGIO posted:

I am trying to play through the klassic arcade trilogy to get ready for X and holy poo poo Mortal Kombat II's AI is really merciless. I got like four dudes in and it just will not even let me get a hit in anymore. I just want to beat the game with Raiden. I gave up after like an hour of being Sub Zeroed to death, and that was after like a solid half hour of Baraka murder. Boooooo. :(

I pulled off a Fatality for the first time, though! Johnny Cageing dude's heads off. I will get there. :unsmith:

Uppercuts my friend they will guide you.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Based on the trailer I'm guessing comic spoilers: that's how those daggers come into play so Kotal khan,sub zero and Raiden and going to be evil baddies then. Also demon guy looks like it might be Shinnok

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

AnonSpore posted:

Every character will have only one viable variation, certain stages will be banned due to abusable interactibles, there will be infinites, netcode will be trash, some as yet unknown exploit will make high level play into a huge bore.

Jokes on you high level play is a bore most of the time :smuggo:

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Neo Rasa posted:

*Shao Kahn's mid section melts as his heart is torn out and crushed*

*two minutes elapse, Shao Kahn walks into a room*

"I AM NOT SO EASILY BEATEN!"

That was Quan Chi ,that's necromancy bullshit :colbert:

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

GUYS AREN'T I HILARIOUS I'LL SCREAM EVERYTHING!!!!!11!!!! ,ugh shut up man.

edit: That fatality though yesss

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I honestly believe you could find a high school freshman would be more professional than this, the gently caress they paid this guy?

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Supersonic Shine posted:

The more I think about it, the more I'm surprised Takeda isn't the kid who has a beef with Frost. Takeda is Scorpion's loyal apprentice, while Frost exploited Sub-Zero's teachings for her own gain. They're pretty good foils to each other, though we haven't seen Frost do any betraying in the new timeline.

They wanted to do the Sonya beef but with someone who was closer to her age so it isn't as weird I'm guessing.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Al Borland posted:

Is this taking place in the sky temple after it was corrupted? If so I had issues with that too it was really laggy and bad at the start I had to pause and wait for it to clear up a bit.

Also just beat the story pretty good is Raiden evil now? Also who rules Netherrealm? Is it kung lao and kitana they made a cute couple at the end!

I really get the feeling we'll see an expansion story wise, I hope. I'd buy it for 30.

E:

Also I am very sad that Reptile and FerraTorr did not get story chapters.

Yep Raiden is evil,the ending is a little confusing but he's threatening Liu Kang and Kitana who rule the Netherrealm now.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Fibby Boy posted:

I got the impression that he's just super pissed and power mad. Not so much evil.

I thought it was pretty much him getting corrupted from purifying the Jinsei. The red eyes are kinda a giveaway since Dark Raiden had those and he was evil.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

I mean if you wanna talk realism the entire idea that somebody like Cassie Cage could just use kickboxing to beat an undead ninja or like, Goro, is ridiculous.

Cassie is literally genetically magic though so I don't even think that counts as an example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

C. Everett Koop posted:

Sounds like whoever voiced Ferra/Torr is voicing Harley as well.

Tara Strong? Doesn't sound like her.

• Locked thread