Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I for one am extremely excited for this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Hat Thoughts posted:

I think every Mortal Kombat is fun I don't care!!!

That's awesome

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
You know I can't help but feel something is missing from this thread. It's on the tip of my tongue though hmmmmmmmm

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Shoutouts to the BBH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9QY0Nxnexo

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
gwar is awesome

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Lmao I love the MK thread

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
That's because the dpad on the 360 controller is an unresponsive piece of loving poo poo

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
The Sega Saturn pad was considered one of the greatest controllers for fighting games in its relative era.

I have no clue if the claim is legitimate since i never played with it. I'm sure there are worse things you could attempt to recreate in your spare time. The Agetec Dreamcast stick is also well regarded iirc but that was not an official Sega controller

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
oh you want the sega genesis six button pad

...yeah

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
framies

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
lmao

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
It's fine just play the game.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I just feel that it's weird to buy a fighting game and be afraid to play with others because they might be better than you. It's just a strange thing to be concerned about.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Scorpion is extremely uncomplicated

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

That's a fair perspective even if it's one I don't normally prescribe to

Also you would be surprised. Good players are more receptive and accepting of bad players or ones struggling to learn, at least from experience. There are real jerks on both sides of the fence but that's not anything exclusive to fighting games.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Please don't doxx me in the MKX thread

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
ENDER in this case would be whatever is best to end the combo with for that given character. Usually something that guarantees a knockdown while doing the most damage, or leaves them standing but at a disadvantage.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

I played a fighting game with custom characters and permadeath a year or so ago,

What game are you talking about?

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Each Guilty Gear character was 7 bux but one of them was free for one month.

So that's 7 for one character if you downloaded the free character.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Guess Ed Boon wasn't joking when he said Alpha 3 was an inspiration lmao

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
But that's not important because this is the MKX thread lol

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Its not weird but it is pretty lovely of NRS to let a bad porting house do a bad port job and gently caress over a segment of the people actually interested in mk.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
MK lol

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
So because other PC ports are bad this excuses this one??????

MK thread lol

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

fadam posted:

It doesn't excuse this one but at the risk of sounding like I'm victim blaming, you guys really should have known better.

Why should they know better? Because MK loving sucks?

Well yes, I agree. But the port should still be acceptable for the people that actually like and are interested in MK.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Anyway my point is this. RIP Al
Borlands 30-60 dollars.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Why? Who hurt you Jamesman?

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Twitch is fickle and retarded. Justin Wongs viewership exploded once he started mugging it for the camera and taking on the personality of other people on Twitch (overreacting to everything).

The quality of play didn't change and it rarely seems to be a factor wrt who gets lots of views. People just want shallow theatrics.

But it's not really worth caring about. Unless you're perfect legend ayyyy lmao

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Justin was way more chill and just as insightful before he started streaming MKX, and then he started mugging it for the cam on MkX and he got a huge surge of viewership. Perfect Legend is wrong in his complaints about Justin, and Justin is definitely free to do what he wants to make his money since its not really hurting anything. That's just the route you have to take for the MAX CPM i guess.

Also I'm entertained primarily by people playing the game well, or doing things i can't do. I find the personality (whether acting or real) of most twitch streamers to be loving awful so I tend not to watch them.

Maximilian is the perfect example of this. He's garbage at everything he touches and has a personality of complete dogshit. So where's the value? That's just me though, and none of this matters.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Sounds bad chilldog. Take me away to the old man hospital

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Chilldog and I already covered every potential avenue of conversation regarding maximilian. Thank you for your input, but I am very content to not be apart of his viewership for a lot of reasons.

Do not put your newsletter under my door thank you.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Al Borlands reign in hell shall be legendary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Never use an analog stick in a fighting game. Even mortal kombat

• Locked thread