Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Yes I am so excited for this game. Reptile looked amazingly fun to play. Personally, I hope they reveal some more new characters though, like Erron Black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Gavok posted:

Hey, so I wrote this massive article for Den of Geek where I've ranked every single Mortal Kombat character from worst to best.

Mortal Kombat: Ranking All the Characters.

Spoiler: Reiko is the worst.

This is a pretty solid list, though I have to say Kai is the one character I truly hope makes it into MKX.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
I always felt that Freddy was more WB forcing NRS's hand. Considering they could have added other characters in that spot that already had assets in MK9, IE Tanya.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
My issue with Shang Tsung is that we've already known him as two different souls, the old man from MK1 and the whatever-he-was from MK2 on. So I'm sitting here thinking that once Shao Kahn gave Sindel Shang Tsung's Soul (my god that's a lot of "S"s) then that soul became Sindel's and Shang Tsung fizzled out of exsistance. Sorta of a corruption of his soul by it being in another body making it no longer his soul at all.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

AnonSpore posted:

I thought MK2 Shang was just MK1 Shang made young, not a literally different person/soul.

I always interpreted it as him deciding the soul he was using was two weak, thus switching to a different soul.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Spacebump posted:

Recently rewatched the first MK movie on HBO go and had to laugh at Goro. What does he do to relax when he isn't murdering or screaming?

Stealing $500 pair of sunglasses.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

AndyElusive posted:

If you're playing with a 360 pad on a PC stop and either get an arcade stick or get yourself an Xbone controller. The D-Pad on the Xbone controller is superior to the 360s.

I need to get a new controller, after the triggers snapped in my other one, but I don't wanna get either of the two main console controllers for one reason or another. Are there any good Sega Genesis-esc controllers I could get, or am I stuck building my own?

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Improbable Lobster posted:

DS4 is great, Wii U Pro controller (mayflash adapter for PC) is great, building your own stick is great.

Sega made terrible controllers

My taste in controllers is bad and I'm ok with that. How easy is it to build your own pad so I can have my Sega Genesis feeling controller?

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Evil Canadian posted:

I know it won't happen but I want Hara-Kiri's back.

You and me both.

Suspicious Cook posted:

Brutalities could be downright unsettling with modern technology.

I didn't even think of this, oh man.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
It'll be a beat-em-up with minor FPS mechanics where you play as Striker and Kabal during the invasion.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

your evil twin posted:

Anyone here gonna get the pc version?

I have Xbox one, but only one xbone controller, and playing MK with my girlfriend is a must, she is a big fan. (And I am pretty skint at the moment so can't afford to buy the game and a controller.)

Also got PS3 and Xbox 360, but the graphics in MKX are looking amazing and we haven't yet seen how the PS3/360 version will look.

But I can get PC version for £25, compared to £40 for console version, and play it on TV with Xbox 360 controllers. So save loads of money, get the "next gen" graphics (I have a good PC), and have 2 controllers so can play with my girlfriend. Seems the obvious choice.

But it's going to break my heart not being able to play with my buddies that are console gamers. :(

I am getting it on the PC, and I figured I'd make us a Steam Group so anyone else getting it on PC can join in our fun. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/mkxgoons

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Friends Are Evil posted:

This video's dumb, but around 4 minutes in, there's a look at Ermac's second fatality and it's insane.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwqzKL7G2EA&t=4s

:stare:

I love it. This is the best Fatality I have seen.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Evil Canadian posted:

Probably depends on how popular it is. The biggest reason injustice got a second round of DLC is because it sold so well.

Injustice got a second round of DLC? I thought it was just Lobo, Batgirl, Scorpion, and Zod.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Mr E posted:

Anyone going to get the official MKX pad when it comes out Wednesday? I want goon reviews before I buy it :ohdear:.

I have no self-control when it comes to thing MK related and preordered it. I'll let you know what I think.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NRS announced they're teaming up with ESL Pro League for some esports bullshit, including an 8-player invitational exhibition and a $100k tournament series. The exhibition is on April 11 and they're doing online pools for the tournament from April 19 (Xbone-only?).

NRS will also be selling a "Blue Steel Sub-Zero" skin and adding a portion of the proceeds to the tournament pot:

Is there a place I can already throw money at for this?

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

:eyepop: Wow, that is a pretty gruesome one.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

KungFu Grip posted:

Didn't the main stream say all the DLC characters are in the Ladder and you can play as them sometimes as a bit of a taste for what they are like?

I think the difference is the other characters will be added once they are released, but Goro is done and in the game from the start.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Gavok posted:

I can't wait for someone to fiddle around with the PC version and have Jason use Cassie's Fatality against Predator.

I'm looking forward to the people who will mod all of the NPC Characters to be playable as well. The data's there for them.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Has anyone gotten that MKX fight pad controller from PDP? is it good?

Mine is coming in the mail tomorrow. Hoping it's good.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Al Borland posted:

Going Brother of Shadowhood at first I think. I'll do black dragon last after i get all the factions done. Or shadow we'll see :)

Also for Steam we do have a community but it isn't goon only its pretty much anyone getting the game if someone wants to create an SAMKX go for it.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/MKXO is the open to all community that we're using for trying to establish a strong online community that is inclusive. About 120 members now and Alex Valle is in it too so I'm hoping maybe some levelup online MKX tournaments if the game takes off.

I made a group page. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/mkxgoons I'm more than game to take some beatings from some Goons.

Also, to whomever it was asking about the PDP MKX Pad I've had a couple days to play with it. I enjoy it, I think the dpad is far better than any other controller I've played with (I'm not good at sticks and had been using 360 controllers), the button layout takes me back to the days of playing UMK3 on my Sega and I've set it up similarly. Essentially I have:
code:
BP Block Bk
FP Throw Fk   With Block also on the right bumper.
If there ends up being a run button (or I lazy out and make a macro for it) I'd put that on the button that is the block button.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

AndyElusive posted:

So...day 1 PC goon tournament?

Let's get one set up for tomorrow afternoon. A Shameless link to the MKX Goon Group. I made a thread for people who want to participate in any of this Day 1 Tournament jazz.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

RBX posted:

Can we do it this weekend instead?

If this works best I am more than game. However, anyone that wants to get something like Goon KotH going instead we can do that. I'll change up the signup thread (conveniently a part of the group page) to be for this weekend. Give everyone enough time to finish the story/build some combos.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Just got back from a local Gamestop Tournament. I took first, but all the fun came from the reactions of everyone to everything about this game. The bit that I got to play definitely made me feel Erron Black's EX Pocket Sand needs a nerf.

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

What is our PC goon faction? Lin Kuei?
I'm on Lin Kuei.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Firstborn posted:

Yeah, no idea what to do about the Steam version. I verified the cache.

I think it's an oversight caused with the Streaming Download idea. Steams DLC servers would probably update at the same time as their Store Page (9am PST), since the Streaming Download thing works by putting packs in your DLC queue we are out of luck and currently only have Menu Simulator 2015.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Are there any good Combo Videos of Ferra/Torr's Lackey Variation. I started playing it last night and quickly started picking up wins. That variation is a blast to play against a lot of the faster characters that have decent zoning pressure IE Scorpion and Mileena. So far my best combo is 11xxEXdf2, f2, dbf1 but I'm sure I could be doing more.

e: Also, this weekend has a proposed tournament for the PC players. Signups are in the thread on the Group Page.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Nerdjosh made a short Lackey video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znUAN0VN8ew

There are probably some other Lackey videos in my other posts, too.

Cool, thanks. I'm gonna try and get a couple of these hammered in. I found another video in your post history that had some cool things in it too.

The Lackey Variation is a blast to play. He's got some pretty solid mix-ups in his b2 combo string and his f2 scoop throw. Add in his 111 string which is an easy cancel to everything except for the charge move special. Speaking of the charge move, it works just like Bane's in Injustice, in that you can meterburn for some armor to get out of long range quickly against a zoning opponent, and you can meter burn on hit to add some decent damage in. Sure that does put you at a long range again, but you can generally spring up and cancel into his b2 or f2 options again and catch most people either off guard, or on the wakeup for some characters.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Evil Canadian posted:

On top of meterburning the charge for armour, it actually has its own armour in the very startup of the move.

The only real hot tip I know with lacky Torr is that hes the only character in the game that can combo off his vanilla uppercut. I haven't messed with it much but at the least you can do uppercut, crouch jab, cancel into command throw.

No fooling? He's like the gift that keeps giving.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Perestroika posted:

Yeah, that's a bit of a risk when looking up combos online. When I started out with Kitana the recommended BnB started with f112xxdf1, but that was simply too slow for me to be much use in an actual fight. I've found 11xxdb1 to be much easier to land, even if you do lose out on a few percent damage.

Im pretty sure you can do 111, df1, dash, nj1, j3, air df1, any good ender. I play assassin so i like to end on the dash move, though im sure with some timing you can land the neck slice that every variation has.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Al Borland posted:

Lies! Those robot ninjas had souls!

They were technically Cyborgs.
:goonsay:

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
I made a room on PC if anyone wants to come show me how bad I am.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
If anyone on PC is up to fight, I made a Goon Room. Come punchmans with me.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

cams posted:

dunno who was all in there when i cleaned house but ggs

I was Flashbang, had some fun getting destroyed. Cassie seems really good, but I'm not good at run canceling yet.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

LoG posted:

Does he still do the bicycle kick while going wibbile wibble woo?

No :( but I still do it every time.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
So I've been trying to figure Raiden's Thunder God Variation after seeing that Texas tournament. I can't get the Lightning Ball Run Cancel into combo thing right though. How exactly do i do it with the b14 string? Like 20% of the time I get lightning balls, then even less of the time I successfully cancel them, and when I do I have never been able to follow with a combo.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Kin posted:

Yeah, i was trying to do them at the finisher screen. I didn't realise it was during the final round and it wasn't too clear what final hit meant. Is there no way to practice the brutalities then?

I just load up two player and beat the crap out of Cryomancer Sub-Zero.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Is the Kold War Pack part of the Kombat Pack? Tundra Sub-Zero kicks rear end.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Fibby Boy posted:

No. It's like 4 bucks and doesn't include scorpion.

Well, I guess I'll have to buy it. I'm assuming it isn't out yet on PC (Haven't signed into Steam yet).

Al Borland posted:

Who knows? All I know is gently caress HVS.

You are my favorite poster because I have had no issues at all.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

AndyElusive posted:

I suggest connecting to a game with him and trying.

The one game me and Al Borland played was pretty atrocious.

I've played with a couple of goons now, had a KotH that ran well for a couple people. That was more than I could say with Injustice or MK9. Yeah, every now and then the online get's lovely as gently caress, but on the whole I've had a pretty decent experience online.

Al Borland posted:

Lol,

You're having them you just don't realize it. Netcode is behind, balance is behind, we'll probably end up skins and kombat pack behind.

We're a total of what, one maybe two patches behind on those things?

But in honestly, you're right. I don't notice some of these lackings because I don't care so much. I don't go to Fighting Game Tournaments, and as such don't care as much about Frame Data and most balance changes. If my skins and extra content is late it doesn't bother me as much.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
I feel like Sub-Zero's Cryomancer Brutality is the easiest. You just have to hit all of the F4,2,Throw combo and BOOM knife to the head. It also helps that that specific combo is essentially what you should be ending every combo with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
I've been putting some work into my Lackey Ferra/Torr and can get some solid 39% combos, however both his low and overhead starters are really slow to execute. Are B2 and B3 the only overhead/low combo starters or are there faster ones that I'm just missing?

• Locked thread