Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Neo Rasa posted:

Thank you very much for writing this and realizing how lame Li Mei and Dairou are. :)

Li Mei is the worst, which makes me sad because on paper she's a SE Asian renegade pirate using Hokuto Shinken on a bloody quest of vengeance, and ingame she's... Li Mei.

In "better characters" news, this is the best thing to happen on youtube:

(and yes that is actually him)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Erron looks baller as gently caress, a bit out of place I admit, but mostly I'm just disappointed that I thought he had El Mariachi's leg press monkey flip shot and he basically does, but it's not quite the same :(

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

the jizz taxi posted:

Quan Chi is metal as gently caress and always has been.

Also, regarding Cage's death before MK3 in the original timeline, it was actually due to the guy who portrayed him wanting a poo poo ton of money for it. He also portrayed the ninjas, while his brother did Raiden.

And he appeared in-character as JC in an ad for a wannabe-competitor's gore-soaked fighter, can't leave that part out.

Johnny Cage died for loving bloodstorm, never forget.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Watching these tournament videos, I'm surprised that the DLC characters are allowed. I thought most fighting game tournies strictly limited characters to whoever shipped in the base game.

Also Johnny's second fatality started nasty, then got funny, then got nasty again. Somehow though, I don't see anyone not using his first.

I think it's usually just console-exclusive, preorder-only, or brand-spankin-new dlc characters that get the boot

• Locked thread