Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Some of the Sheep posted:

You could do a bit of redneck engineering and put an abrasive on the floor (or door) where it rubs and and open/close a couple hundred times.

Hah, I had that same thought. A long sheet of sandpaper from a beltsander might be ideal for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Last weekend I finished off the last ~2% of the roof shingling. It should be pretty secure against leaks now, at least as well as I'm able to as an amateur roofer. I also painted the workshop door.

Annoyingly, the door no longer closes, as a result of the extra width created by the paint. Lesson learned: don't fit your door exactly to the frame. I'm going to have to take part of the frame down and run it through my thickness planer before I'll be able to close the door again.

Next steps are probably to figure out trim for the doorway (and related flashing) and to start figuring out who to get vinyl siding from. I also need to start reading the book I bought on electrical wiring, as a pre-requisite to installing the cables and outlets and so on.

Did you account for expansion too? You'll just end up scraping the paint off if the door gets stuck when the weather changes.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
Good job dude

• Locked thread