Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010
http://youtu.be/XOhceKclbv4
It's a horrible video but is the best one I could find. Using a clamp or a rope or really anything to help with your plywood is going to slow you down and that means you're going to be holding the sheets longer and you'll get tired. The way he spins the sheet to get it in the right position to grab it is a little showy but his technique when it's in his hands is spot on. The trick though is to lean the plywood on your shoulder as much as possible, keeping the weight off of your hands. I hung drywall during the winter (my occupation is seasonal) for about five years and it's actually pretty easy to move heavy Sheetrock and plywood around like this. Good luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

My parents got me an early birthday gift in the form of a tool belt, and it's coming in more handy than I'd anticipated (otherwise I would have bought one myself months ago). Being able to always have pencil, hammer, measuring tape, nails, etc. ready at hand saves a lot of time.

God yes, man. I couldn't imagine tackling anything this big without a good belt. I use mine for almost any job big or small. I keep my bag with the hammer hoop on the right and have a few different bags I can swap out on my left side. My favorite is a three pocket stacked one and I keep my tape in the top one and all my nails/screws ect under that. My pencil goes in the right bag on top. This way I can pull my tape out with my left hand and my pencil with the right at the same time. Or if not at the same time it just makes sense that way. Same with nails and hammer. Or screws and my small cordless driver. I actually enjoy figuring out how to set my belt up to be the most efficient for the job at hand.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010
If it were me I'd figure out a way to attach my ladder to the roof. Even a bungee cord wrapped around a block screwed to the roof may save you.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010
Just be careful walking around on that paper. Those bubbles aren't the worst thing ever but if you step on one the paper has much more of a tendency to slip. If you were wanting to know the best way to avoid them it's to tack one end in the center and top and bottom edge a few times, then roll the paper out keeping tension and tack it a few times in the same pattern as you go. Then go back after you've cut it and tack off your field. Like I said it's not going to cause problems with your roof, but be aware of them as they will slip out from under you in a hurry.

• Locked thread