Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dwoloz
Oct 20, 2004

Uh uh fool, step back
Hey California shop buildin' buddy! I'm forming a slab for an 800 sq ft shop in Sonoma County (but then taking the easy route and having a prefab metal frame put up). Also building a 1000 sq ft 2 story gambrel barn stick frame 2x6 like yours. I have found that dealing with the county planning and inspectors has been an immense pain in my behind. I don't know if its just Sonoma County but these guys are insane: each person tells you different things, they routinely pull poo poo out of their rear end and when called out on it say "oh its not in the code but thats how Id do it", each inspector has their own interpretation of the code that I often find bogus. They made me get an engineer to stamp my plans (engineer did nothing to them but do the calcs and stamp, ugh, $1000) and STILL they are harassing me about silly details like the footing being 12" instead of 15" (dude, 15" is for 2 story load, this footing has a ONE story load because slab on grade).

Anyway, thanks for making this thread so I can bitch in it, was thoughtful of you ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwoloz
Oct 20, 2004

Uh uh fool, step back
Nice looking door, beefy as hell. You might consider another hinge high up on the jamb to resist the weight.

You can sometimes get a tiny adjustment by using long coarse screws in the hinges and driving the hell out of them. Should lift the door a bit. Or, could take a grinder with a diamond cup to the slab

dwoloz
Oct 20, 2004

Uh uh fool, step back
Nice, glad it worked out for you

• Locked thread