Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
4. Don't play in a league that uses decisions.

:smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
During the regular season, I generally keep 2 or 3 offensive bench players. Then I'll keep a roster spot open to stream starting pitchers. A strong offense is always the way to win in H2H. As long as you get a couple of backbones for your rotation, you can piecemeal a decent staff together in the later rounds and through waiver wire diligence. I basically always target high OBP guys with a bit of pop in their bat. I want guys that can help me win as many categories as possible. I'd almost always rather have a .280 hitter that hits fewer home runs than a slugger who bats in the .240s.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
I'll never play in a QS league. I get the concept, but just like an OBP league it muddles the player values and brings them closer together.

I like the fact that there are guys who hit for a high average but don't walk too much, so they're much more valuable in a standard league. Same with a bad team having a fantastic pitcher, but you have to account for the fact that his chances to win are a lot lower.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Pussy Boss posted:

Hell yeah. That was a finals for the ages. I was doing OK in the batting categories until Machado went into beast mode. And after six months, everything came down to a single save. Unreal.

Love my rotation in that league. Kershaw/DeGrom/Harvey/Tanaka/Syndergaard :smugdog: And they all came through down the stretch, too.

Yeah that rotation was killer, no way I could match that with WW scrubs.

Hopefully you still use the email account you sent your initial paypal money with. Let me know if I need to resend!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Yes, I got LUCKY this year, here is my staff, bear in mind that I traded Cutch for Kluber and Vogt for Lynn, otherwise all pitchers were $1 or FA acquisitions, dropped like 2 players after their last start and got lucky on RICH HILL, also picked up Estrada after the season to try to make a buck or two off of, I need a better strategy than luck, basically, don't even know if this is a good rotation to go along with stacked bats. Also, started punting saves after week 2:e; also traded some dude that the receiving team dropped right after for Burnett, again, all luck!

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Oct 6, 2015

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Quality starts aren't really any better than wins anyway.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Oct 6, 2015

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
QS is a garbo stat anyway

oh wow cool a 4.50 ERA here is your participation ribbon

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

IcePhoenix posted:

Quality starts aren't really any better than wins anyway.

It means you can't lose because of reliever wins at least.

For me, anything that is a change from default is good because Yahoo just lists rankings for the default stats. So you can find hidden value in players. I'm in an OBP league and guys who hit .250 but have .340 OBPs always go for cheaper than they should because Yahoo ranks them low because of their .AVG.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Spoeank posted:

I had Jose Quintana in my league that counts QS and I feel like he was always good for 6 or 7 innings with 2 or 3 runs allowed. :getin:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spoeank posted:

Love when a pitcher goes 5.2 with no earned runs. It happens so loving much it's infuriating.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Rand alPaul posted:

Yeah that rotation was killer, no way I could match that with WW scrubs.

Hopefully you still use the email account you sent your initial paypal money with. Let me know if I need to resend!

Fundage received, thanks. Love the HGH league and I'll be back for sure.

Also, I'm definitely running a redraft money league next year and all you guys are invited.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Qauality Starts are the Fat Chick Who Likes Comic Books of stats.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Still check my fantasy teams, they still aren't playing :( Fantasy withdrawal sigh.

The Pussy Boss posted:

Fundage received, thanks. Love the HGH league and I'll be back for sure.

Also, I'm definitely running a redraft money league next year and all you guys are invited.

Awesome I look forward to next year's league, this was the most challenging/fun I've had so far.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
Anyone interested in joining a $50 5x5 Ottoneu league? We're going into our 2nd year and this team needs an owner: http://ottoneu.fangraphs.com/580/team?team=4201

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
That team actually looks pretty loving good. I expected it to be some way terrible, abandoned mess.

• Locked thread