Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I am flipping exhausted so I apologise that the flavour sucks!

Once again the inmates were forced to find the two Network operatives in their ranks. Learning from their mistake of the previous day, they were wary assuming the worst of the quieter characters. Surely this person had to be guilty... she was resisting the chair with every fibre of her body. But wouldn't an innocent person do that too? Requiring the effort of five other people, she was eventually strapped in. Before the switch was flipped she screamed:

"IM JESSI--!!"

EXAKT Science, Jessica Hyde, Mafia Roleblocker has been fried Day 2! 7 Players Remain. It is now Night 2. You have 24 hours to PM your night actions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

The institute's security holds fast once again. The only break out of the night is a solitary white rabbit...

No one was killed Night 2! Day 3 has now begun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXShuBObVMM

Dugong fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Feb 11, 2015

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (7): fiery_valkyrie, Gabriel Pope, Gamerofthegame, Lumpen, Rarity, Somberbrero, wall monitor

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 13th, 2015 at 10 a.m. GMT -- that's in about 2 days, 12 hours.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
This must be a frustrating game for scum.

It was incredibly anti-town for Rarity to throw down a useless vote and then leave us in a no-lynch situation. Gabe at least helped lynch scum. ##vote Rarity

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Don't mind me, I'll just be over here eating my words...

Anyway, the F11 setup means that if there's both a doctor and a roleblocker, then there must be a cop, right?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Oh yeah. I guess we probably have results then.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Somberbrero posted:

Oh yeah. I guess we probably have results then.

Well worst case scenario is that he/she has got one scum result that we've already lynched (exakt) and one town

Medium case is two results on town

Best case is that they've got a scum result

Is it worth claiming just to announce one confirmed town, with 1/6 left?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
If they just have one town result then I guess it isn't worth claiming unless we're about to accidentally lynch that player. I'm too lazy to work it out but I think that would make the game very difficult to lose.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
WM, you were the other person not voting Exact. Who do you think is scum today?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Welp :suicide:

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

fiery_valkyrie posted:

WM, you were the other person not voting Exact. Who do you think is scum today?

Going by intuition, Gabriel. But since my intuition is 0 for 1 so far, I'm more inclined to pick Rarity based on D2 actions.

If there's a cop and a blocker, then there has to be a cop, and at that point it's incredibly counterintuitive to sacrifice one member of the scumteam to make the other look good. If I was in the shoes of Exakt's partner, watching a charge build up on Exakt, I'd probably try for the long shot in getting town to not lynch Exakt by not voting or voting for someone else. The alternative, voting against my partner to try to look town, doesn't have enough of a benefit that results from a 5/1 which turned out to be a 6/1 with both a cop and doctor present. That's a losing situation for scumteam no matter how much the surviving scum comes out of it smelling like roses.

Though... that kind of also fingers me, I guess :v:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Is that all you've got to say for yourself?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gabriel Pope posted:

Is that all you've got to say for yourself?

I hope the cop investigated me last night!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Who is scum, Rarity?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Protected fiery_valkyrie again. Scum got faked out.

I think its Rarity unless the Cop says different.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Looks like there isn't going to be much conversation until I claim. I'm the cop.

N1 I investigated Somber. He is town.
N2 I investigated Rarity. She is also town (I even double checked it with Dugong).

So it's out of WM, Gabe and Gamer.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
##Vote gamerofthegame

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I'm probably suspicious for how much I've not been posting suddenly, but I've been feeling pretty lovely so there's my excuse. rip me

i did hammer exact tho so there's that??

WM is new and variable, though I thought Lumpen and Gabe were a scum team in the first place.

This rules out Lumpen lying, SIGH, and it just being a roleblock + town. Scummy bastard.

I'll look at posts later between the two.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Lumpen posted:

##Vote gamerofthegame

:coffeepal:

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
##Unvote
Hmm, on the other hand, gotg did show up in the middle of the night to hammer the Roleblocker...

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Alright. So I am a pseudo-lurker this game after D1 or so, Gabe is always pretty active and lynch happy which while I could see being suspicious and a pretty easy scumtell, at the same time he responds to arguments against his own and doesn't seem like he is hellbent on lynching early, just getting the discussion rolling on a slow game.

WM, on the other hand, is largely being quiet and agreeing with other people, joining the crowd while occasionally making off the wall theories to try and add a bit of confusion. He's fairly new, however, so this could just be figuring things out... but of the two? That's a lot scummier then gabe.

wall monitor posted:

Though... that kind of also fingers me, I guess :v:

There's also this which is a big siren.

##vote WM

well that didn't take long

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

That vote is coming through unresolved. How do I add aliases to votefinder, or whatever it is?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I'm torn. Really thought it was Rarity amd felt wall monitor was incredibly unhelpful Town. Gamerofthegame is way more Scummy but the hammer on the Rokeblocker when he could have gotten away with lirking and caused a no lynch and guaranttrd a succesful nightkill counts a lot. It would be a very very bad play if he is Scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Oh well then it's Gabe.

##vote Gabe

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
FV I am hurt that you would investigate me :(

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Also, man, people calling me unhelpful. I'm just unlucky (and probably way too paranoid, I'm gonna dial that way back next time I play)

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

FV I am hurt that you would investigate me :(

You, Rarity and Lumpen were always going to be the people I considered for investigation. There was a case on you D1, so you made the most sense to start with.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I think it's either WM or Gabe. WM obviously didn't vote Exact yesterday so that makes his suspicious. Gabe's posts I read yesterday as trying to make sure the lynched steered onto Exact, but now I'm wondering if he was actually making all that noise to try and generate any interest in lynching anyone other than Exact.

I'll re-read when I'm not at work.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

wall monitor posted:

Also, man, people calling me unhelpful. I'm just unlucky (and probably way too paranoid, I'm gonna dial that way back next time I play)

You got pretty unlucky this game, being both scum as a newbie and having being able to narrow it down this far this early. Take this one in stride, scumfriend. :)

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Thinking all the way back to my first impression with the jokephase RNG post, it could be Gabriel. I will do a full reread when I get home and not phoneposting.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Gamerofthegame posted:

You got pretty unlucky this game, being both scum as a newbie and having being able to narrow it down this far this early. Take this one in stride, scumfriend. :)

Yeah, no, I'm town. I'm on the team that's winning right now, and I'm pretty sure we've got a path to certain victory at this point unless we catastrophically mess things up somehow.

IDK, I don't think anyone's seriously read me as scum so far, aside from my unfortunate voting record. Rarity said my opinions sounded 'Manufactured' which strikes me as a weak and vague argument, but I can't recall too many other direct accusations.

Anyone considering me, I'll answer any questions you want to throw at me about past days, posts I've made, whatever. I think we've pretty much won this so mostly I'm more interested in wanting to know what people pinged me as scum on and trying to get feedback to improve upon.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Reread Gabriel and I really don't think its him.

All things considered, even despite the hammer, I feel more strongly that gamerofthegame is Scum than wall monitor.

Rarity would fit the profile pretty much perfectly if not for that Cop clear.

##Vote gamerofthegame
I have to justify the hammer as fatalistic inevitability I guess. It is the ONLY exculpatory thing in his entire post history. Wall monitor and Gabe both have several psychologically Towny posts.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

(I even double checked it with Dugong).

Hahaha I <3 you FV :D

This game is over, we've got 4 confirmed townies so we can lynch all the others before losing a LYLO. It's just a question of what order we go in.

##vote Pope

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I think this is probably your worst game as town Rarity? Personally speaking, since the rest of us are winning it for you.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I think this is probably your worst game as town Rarity? Personally speaking, since the rest of us are winning it for you.

I really thought Exakt was town :(

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I still think it's between WM and Gabe, but I can't for the life of me decide which one is scummier.

WM had a progression of posts on D1 that I didn't like and pointed out. He didn't vote Exact and he has commented a lot on game setup with regards to is there a doc/cop. He and Exact also almost never talk to or about each other.

Gabe talks about Exact a lot, but I'm conflicted on what I think his actual intentions were with those posts. The big thing for me is how much Exact was pushing Gabe at the end of D2. He could have been bussing knowing his lynch was almost assured and hoping to throw some heat off his partner.

I know we can't lose at this point so it doesn't matter if we get this one wrong, but there are still ego's on the line right?

##vote WM

Will switch.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Gamer's posting at the end of both days smells funny but I'm starting to suspect he just enjoys putting on a show.

I never did like EXAKT's constant pokes at WM. That could have been trying to drum up interest for lynching a townie, but there's never been a lot of interest in lynching WM. I could see it being a safe attempt to establish some distance.

##vote wall monitor

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I think this is probably wrong but it's the faster way to get the lynch that I want.

##vote Wall Monitor

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

:ghost: Welp. Good luck, town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

wall monitor (4): Gamerofthegame, fiery_valkyrie, Gabriel Pope, Somberbrero
Gamerofthegame (1): Lumpen, Lumpen, Lumpen
Gabriel Pope (1): Somberbrero, Rarity, Somberbrero
Rarity (0): Somberbrero, Somberbrero

Not Voting (1): wall monitor

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 13th, 2015 at 10 a.m. GMT -- that's in about 1 day, 17 hours.

• Locked thread