Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'd love to play but I'm in three games currently. I'll take a replacement spot though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
What's up nerds? I'm replacing Capitalist. Pigman is dead. Long live Pigman!

Gabriel Pope posted:

I have used a RNG to determine who the scum are and it came up with Gamerofthegame and Good Sir for the scumteam.

##vote Gamerofthegame

Case solved. Sorry folks, the RNG does not lie.

I did this my very first game, where I was scum. ##vote Gabriel Pope

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Somberbrero posted:

What's up nerds? I'm replacing Capitalist. Pigman is dead. Long live Pigman!

I did this my very first game, where I was scum. ##vote Gabriel Pope

For reference.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Since when is aggressive scumhunting a scum behavior? Explain please.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
How is it a bandwagon if I'm the only vote on you?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I noticed that but I'm curious about how Gabe flips first.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Gabriel Pope posted:

The top 3 lynch candidates have been Lumpen, me, and Capitalist Pig. As CPig's replacement you want the heat off in a hurry and you can't double down on Lumpen because that's who CPig was pushing and it would look super scummy, which leaves me as the obvious target for you.

Under other circumstances I would assume you were just jokeposting, but given CPig's over-the-top shittiness I find it more than a little suspicious.

Yes truly, with only 35 hours left in the day I scarcely have time to defend myself.

Sorry you drew scum, I would let you ride it out until day two if this game didn't already have a lot of new players.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I think the WM case is stronger. Note also that he votes CPig, then a couple of minutes later claims to not have a read on him, and is suspicious of 2 other players, but doesn't change his vote.

I disagree. He's hedging his opinions more than I'd like but I think that's natural behavior in a new or returning player.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Rarity, I usually get a false positive scum read on you because the way you look for scum doesn't make any sense to me. Aggressive scum hunting is never scummy. Why would that ever be the case?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Rarity, trying to be polite here is giving me a headache. You play mafia weird, okay?

Aggressively pointing out anti-town behavior sometimes hits bad town players, yeah, which is why distinguishing between bad town play and scum play is an important skill.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I have no idea how to respond to Rarity other than to tell her that she's wrong and say mean words. I'm not sure what you two are doing and how the behaviors you're pointing out correlate in any way to alignment. I don't think a big back and forth is productive here because it will just give Gabriel more room to hide, but there are clear issues with your reasoning.

One of the things Somber does that always strikes me as scummy is that he'll talk about his playstyle and use it to project. For example, "I did this thing when I was scum, and a different player with a different playstyle is doing it now, therefore they are scum!"

That's written as not 'one thing somber does as scum,' but rather 'one thing somber always does.' Even I buy into the premise that I do this behavior as town or scum, how then would that be indicative of my alignment?

I would ask you to be as specific as possible in detailing how my position on Wall Monitor is contradictory.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I felt like I wasn't asking much in a response from Exakt, so that's lame. I know he's been busy though.

I still feel completely comfortable voting Pope Gabe.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
If I actually need to tell anyone why the post above me is scummy then please just lynch me now.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Gabriel Pope posted:

Right now Somber and Good Sir are the only votes I'm 100% comfortable with, although if Good Sir starts posting again I will back off that vote unless it's really, really incriminating.

"Hey, let's lynch this lurker over one of the other many lurkers I felt the need to call out, for no particular reason."

Exakt and Rarity both cased me hard if poorly yesterday and Gabe has no comment on their content or them as players other than "post more?" If Gabe actually thinks I'm scum why would he just ignore those posts?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
No, they didn't make exclusively meta arguments against me.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

In a shocking turn of events, it's actually your post that's scummy here. You overexplain the arbitrary nature of your first vote and are far too eager to push a lurker vote right off the bat.

Gabriel Pope posted:

I don't actually put a lot of stock in the RNG and I'm not going to rest my case on someone's first post. But c'mon son, you gotta step up your game. Almost everybody has dropped a vote, you gotta have some opinions other than "I don't like the guy who said I might be scum."

##vote Good Sir

Is that actually any different from what you're doing? As far as I can tell you're voting me for advancing discussion and doing work.

I'd also challenge why you call my my vote on you arbitrary and scummy, when you confess to make arbitrary votes yourself. I mean, you should also explain how my vote is in any way arbitrary but that's besides the point.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

wall monitor posted:

These 'meta arguments' being the bit about Pig swapping out for Somber, or something else?

Rarity is arguing that what I've said this game contradicts with how I play mafia or something similarly pointless, but Exakt is saying that what I've said this game doesn't match up with my actions.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Valery. you're town. Tell me I'm not crazy here.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Gamerofthegame posted:

Lumpen has made maybe two posts without the word scum in it and that reads scummy to me.

Can you explain the rationale?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EXAKT Science posted:

Hey Somber, I really am sorry for not responding to this yesterday. I'm going through a breakup of a really longterm relationship while also trying to move and find a job, so I'm a bit out of it at the moment xD

The main thing that struck me was how it read to me like you were, on the one hand, talking about how important aggressive scumhunting is (I agree, by the way), but then also are excusing WM's scumminess. It felt like you were trying to stifle discussion while also talking about why that discussion is so important, which struck me as scummy. I've also seen you buddy up to scummy-acting townies and vouch for them when your scum, and I know that you're very good at faking scumhunting and leading townies around. Before you ask, yes, of course I'm over what happened in Low-Effort Mafia, why do you ask? :v:

Oh wow dude, that really blows. You're a better person than I am for staying in the game. For what it's worth I meant what I said a while back, St. Louis is cheap and I can put you in touch with job people!

I see what you mean about Wall Monitor as it relates to my scum play back in Low-Effort Mafia, which is a game I still cherish. http://i.imgur.com/34gmo9E.png

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Gamerofthegame posted:

And now he's going after lurkers on D1.

##vote Lumpen

For what it's worth, he believes what he's saying. It's something I could consider if I wasn't sure in my read on Gabe.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EXAKT Science posted:

Honestly, playing mafia has been helping, when I remember to post, because it's giving me something to distract myself.

Wall Monitor are you new?

http://votefinder.org/player/wall-monitor

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Sorry Lumpy, I am going to hope that Good Sir begins to play the game, is replaced, or modkilled. Or that the scum have the decency to nightkill him. I'm sticking with my Gabe vote.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Sorry if my posting was too hostile, I'll work on that. I do feel like I've offered adequate explanation for my vote over the course of the day though.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote Good Sir

Probably won't get a chance to change that.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Just lynch, nothing else is possible.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Sorry, I don't really play mafia on the weekends.

Exakt seems like a fine vote to me. I could also go for Gabe. I'm going to read through today again and see where I stand.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I super don't care for the post right above mine, but I agree with Lumpen that Exakt makes the most sense. Exakt's response so far hasn't been terrible, but unfortunately I think it's important that Exakt attacked both Wall Monitor and Pope instead of just Pope. Monitor's post was nuts, but it makes sense from a town perspective. The way Gabriel expresses the same idea is much scummier. Wall Monitor is clear, concise, and open. Gabriel's post is full of obfuscation and hedging.

My call would be Exakt, Gabriel, and then maybe Gamer.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rarity posted:

Huh, I thought I had a vote up already. Right now I'd vote Somber > Pope > WM and I'm definitely not voting Exakt. Pope's latest posts have been very scummy, in particular the whole "lynch Exakt to test Lumpen's claim" scenario because he's setting up a chain lynch based on Exakt flipping town. Also his interpretation of me softballing the Somber case to Exakt is wrong on two levels. Firstly, they're different cases with different reasons and the second is that it doesn't jibe with the Rarity/Exakt scumteam he's pushing. There's no point in softballing a case to a scum buddy.

There is no Somber case. Your vote is based on the assumption that I can't believe aggressive scum hunting is a scum behavior. At best that's poor meta reasoning, at worst it's completely divorced from reality. I'd encourage you try and play the game at some point.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
If Lumpen was lying, there'd be a 50% chance he'd be counterclaimed and die as a result. It's not out of the realm of possibility but it seems unlikely.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Sorry, my attention has been lacking. I definitely overextended in playing here. ##vote exakt

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rarity posted:

I might as well not even vote but ~*principles*~

##vote Somber

I want to aggressively scumhunt you in the face right now.

EXAKT Science posted:

I feel okay about both of them, I guess. Both of them, especially Gamer, have fairly scummy metas, but I haven't seen anything particularly damning from them. I'm honestly amazed that Gabe doesn't have more attention thrown his way; he's pushing for me in a super scummy way, and it's crazy that no one else sees it, and I'm not going down before I ##vote Gabriel Pope. Anyway, hammer me if you have to. It does suck that I'm going from never being miscuddled to being miscuddled twice in a week, but that's mafia :)

I was trying to push Gabe yesterday, when you were pushing me.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Well, moving my vote won't help. Hopefully Rarity or Gamer do work here.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
This must be a frustrating game for scum.

It was incredibly anti-town for Rarity to throw down a useless vote and then leave us in a no-lynch situation. Gabe at least helped lynch scum. ##vote Rarity

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Oh yeah. I guess we probably have results then.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
If they just have one town result then I guess it isn't worth claiming unless we're about to accidentally lynch that player. I'm too lazy to work it out but I think that would make the game very difficult to lose.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Who is scum, Rarity?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Oh well then it's Gabe.

##vote Gabe

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
FV I am hurt that you would investigate me :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I think this is probably wrong but it's the faster way to get the lynch that I want.

##vote Wall Monitor

• Locked thread