Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
why not

i'll actually post good this time :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Harold Krell posted:

I would like to play.

don't let this man play

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Harold Krell posted:

Ha! I remember these guys. We were in a game together and they were both scum, and I was able to scum hunt them on day one and two respectively. Looks like they still aren't over it. :rolleyes:

quote:

And Harold krell can gently caress right off, he literally posted nothing of use in the scumdoc - we never even knew his role until he died

Harold Krell posted:

You are a little piss.

I've noticed several times that any game I try to join that you're also in, you act like a whiny baby and quit as if you're a loving martyr. Then stupid people decide to sympathize with you and kick me from the signoffs.

Well...

:devil: Congratulations! Welcome to the 7th circle of hell! :devil:

I'm going to dedicate this entire game to making your stay as miserable as possible! Aren't you lucky? :3:

To start, why don't you go ahead and retract your vote before you regret it? ;)

etc

nah he's poo poo

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I forgot about this.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I'm gonna try a new approach by not being scum this game but this is experimental so it's prone to failure!!!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Rarity posted:

Hey guys, don't worry I'm going to solve this game.

AS IF leading the discussion eh that's super scummy

get out, scum loser

loser scum

##vote Rarity

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I'm a thin man.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Wow, that vote count is magical.

It's D1, saying a lot of words and trying to go places is natural for some people.

Gabriel Pope posted:

Rarity, what are your thoughts so far? You've been posting a lot but so far you've yet to contribute anything beyond your early jokevote.

EXAKT Science has also been very quiet and jokey.

Please don't not call out myself when you inevitably flipscum tia.

Scummiest person here sounds like Lumpen, with GP in a close second. But GP didn't call me out here and posted;

Gabriel Pope posted:

Gamerofthegame does not seem particularly perturbed by it, so if I did randomly manage to hit scum I wouldn't expect it to be him.

So I think he's trying to set something up.

##vote Gabriel Pope

Mostly gut, tho.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Lumpen has made maybe two posts without the word scum in it and that reads scummy to me.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

It's half gut half smelling strongly like he's trying to disassociate himself with the idea of being scum as strongly as possible, which isn't something I see townies doing.

Still in on Gabe, however.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

And now he's going after lurkers on D1.

##vote Lumpen

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

For what it's worth, he believes what he's saying. It's something I could consider if I wasn't sure in my read on Gabe.

I think you're far to trusting.

We'll see how it goes in a few hours.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

You're arguing over jokephase jokes.

Cut it out.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Unrelated, is it (usually) two or three scum in a nine player game?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

i could also read the OP where the set up possibilities are given

two, okay

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

This is the scummiest drat lynch.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

If a guy is gonna get modkilled you might as well let him get modkilled. This is just some scum going "hey look at this easy guy off him".

That's dumb.

I don't see the case on Somber, either. Swap to someone who's actually scummy, though, and not just some lurker.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

What do you think of Exact?

Reading over his poo poo, he doesn't really strike me as anything one way or the other. He's poking at posts D1 to see how people react, which could either be scum-hunting townie or bandwagon-leading scum. I'm ambivalent.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Gabriel Pope posted:

The fact that he hops aboard the Good Sir train (which you call scummy) with no explanation after spending the entire game calling me scummy for voting Good Sir doesn't strike you as just a wee bit scummy? Really?

I'm going to reread WM's line on Lumpen. I didn't think it was super compelling, but Lumpen has been pretty scattershot so I don't have a great read on him.

While I see your point, he implied he won't be back for the deadline and in a lynch of himself versus someone else, hey, someone else is gonna win.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

We have five in thread right now, Somber, ya scummy bastard.

If everyone voted Lumpen we'd be down one scum in ten minutes.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

You're wasting a lynch on literally nothing, either way.

In fact, everyone has some semblance of a case on them but this guy, who is literally just "he's lurking!"

It is the weakest, most vile loving thing.

##vote Good sir

And it's the only thing.

:redhammer:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Smells like there's a doctor. Good call, doc.

##vote Lumpen

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Lumpen posted:

Translation:
Aww shucks, dammit I just have to hammer this guy, who I somehow just know is going to flip Town, but I totally don't want to. When this guy I'm hammering flips Town, geez don't blame me!

This is right up there with "Oh no the Cop got nightkilled, We are so screwed, drat you Scum!"

These are both blaring, blaring, classic Scumposts. Vets up in here back me up.

But, Gamerofthegame! You voted me without explaining why. Please do so. Justify your vote as persuasively as you can, show your train of thought. I feel it will prove very illuminating.

:allears:

Please describe how hammering the lynch two hours till deadline in a dead thread is a classical scum-only not-town thing to do, you scummy bastard. Or how "well I guess it's one of two set ups because someone got doctor'd" is scummy or anything what you just said.

People ought to vote for you on this post alone, but my reasons still stand from D1.

Ya scummy bastard.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Lumpen posted:

Hello, please demonstrate the assertion here with quotes, and please post the most persuasive case against me that you can develop based on the evidence. I feel super eager to have you post this :allears: You, in particular, EXAKT, for reasons. :D

this in particular, too

lumpen you are the scummiest guy

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Lumpen posted:

Yes, go on... please explain your thought process using quotes and evidence from the thread. Explain, don't just declare. It's what a Townie could do, you have to keep up appearances.

Feel free to read previous posts, scum friend.

Dugong posted:

9+ hour job interview

what the gently caress

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

wall monitor posted:

Well, Lumpen is right. Right, but scum nonetheless.

Anyway:

After how close to the deadline things got last night I have no problem lynching early d2.

##vote Lumpen

Never lynch early, at least not in the opening days. Thread discussion is all the town has.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

he really is pulling out all the "don't lynch me, town" stops isn't he.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Lumpen posted:

Gamerofthegame, I can imagine that you could possibly be Town and I am mistaken. If so, please post your case, because that is the only way that your alignment can be recognized. If you post what I asked, and you're Town, I will know it. If you're Town, your posting has been extremely misleading. Don't be leading me astray, post some sincere thoughtful effort to judge you by.

Okay, it's simple.

Click the ? by my name and look at where I make a case against you and stir a lynch against you D1 but it fails because to many people left.

Then click the ? by your name for all even more reasons because you might as well just claim scum now and try and sabotage some random person by calling them your scumbuddy.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

wall monitor posted:

Current theory: Lumpen knows he's likely to go down today, so he's getting Gabe to play against him in a gambit to clear Gabe

:tinfoil:

Honestly I had a theory since the start they were scumbros, but I am not really certain GP is scum at all.

Nor is it important now because we have Lumpen instead.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Lumpen posted:

Okay, time for the big reveal...
:siren:I am the doctor!:siren:
My flavor name is Arby.

Doubt it.

Let's see where this goes tomorrow.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

mafia edit: that is not me claiming, that is me waiting warmly for the actual town-powerrole to do so.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Oh, right.

##unvote

Guess Lumpen isn't scum, just the scummiest townie. Whatev.

I'll most likely jump on the bandwagon if I don't get time to review everything today, been pretty busy.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I can hammer whenever, so continue.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah, yeah.

##vote Lumpen

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

nah i'm just foolin'

##vote Exakt

:redhammer:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I'm probably suspicious for how much I've not been posting suddenly, but I've been feeling pretty lovely so there's my excuse. rip me

i did hammer exact tho so there's that??

WM is new and variable, though I thought Lumpen and Gabe were a scum team in the first place.

This rules out Lumpen lying, SIGH, and it just being a roleblock + town. Scummy bastard.

I'll look at posts later between the two.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Lumpen posted:

##Vote gamerofthegame

:coffeepal:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Alright. So I am a pseudo-lurker this game after D1 or so, Gabe is always pretty active and lynch happy which while I could see being suspicious and a pretty easy scumtell, at the same time he responds to arguments against his own and doesn't seem like he is hellbent on lynching early, just getting the discussion rolling on a slow game.

WM, on the other hand, is largely being quiet and agreeing with other people, joining the crowd while occasionally making off the wall theories to try and add a bit of confusion. He's fairly new, however, so this could just be figuring things out... but of the two? That's a lot scummier then gabe.

wall monitor posted:

Though... that kind of also fingers me, I guess :v:

There's also this which is a big siren.

##vote WM

well that didn't take long

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

wall monitor posted:

Also, man, people calling me unhelpful. I'm just unlucky (and probably way too paranoid, I'm gonna dial that way back next time I play)

You got pretty unlucky this game, being both scum as a newbie and having being able to narrow it down this far this early. Take this one in stride, scumfriend. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

##vote Gabe

:coffeepal:

• Locked thread