Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Has anybody else been listening to the RHAP audiobook The Evolution of Strategy? I've only listened to the free ones that they've released so far, but I enjoyed them enough that I'll probably buy it at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Met posted:

The characters were cast before deciding on a theme.

Also, it sounds like they were grouping them more based on characteristics than profession... on RHAP, they were saying that Jeff described the White Collar group as the ones who are willing to backstab and do anything to get ahead... so the no collar group may be based more on how they come across than their actual professions.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Fast Luck posted:

I just wonder if it's worthwhile to listen to if you haven't seen the season they're talking about in 10 years and can't remember poo poo. What do you think?

I haven't watched the seasons since they originally aired, and I'm still really enjoying them! I ended up buying the whole first volume and I'm on Marquesas now.

You can download the entire first chapter, covering Borneo for free, so you can always just start by seeing if you find that worthwhile!

That being said, I am especially looking forward to them eventually getting to seasons that I've watched recently!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Oh god, I'm watching through Caramoan for the first time, Jeff's massage for Brandon is one of the funniest things I've ever seen on Survivor. It starts off subtle, with just the one hand, but then it turns into a full-blown massage and just keeps going through the whole impromptu tribal. Amazing.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

Has anyone been listening to "The Evolution of Strategy" podcast series on RHAP? I'm almost done with Borneo and I found it really interesting look back at the series. Are any of the other seasons worth getting? I'm tempted just to spend the $20 and get the whole first season.

If you liked the Borneo chapter, I don't see why you wouldn't like the following ones! I ended up buying that first volume for my commute, and I've really been enjoying it.

Fast Luck posted:

Do they sort of do episode by episode play-by-plays? Or is it better than that?

Yeah, as SalTheBard said, each part is a chunk of a few episodes, and they kind of just cover whatever they want to out of those. But it's not like a dry play-by-play, by any means. The whole first chapter is up for free, so you can check that out if you're curious!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

DoggPickle posted:

I get the seasons mixed up after so much time, and sometimes they are just numbered instead of named. Is Gabon the first one with coach and also the worst athlete ever to athlete?

No, the first one with Coach was Tocantins., S18.

Gabon is S17, and the one that this gif comes from:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I feel so sorry for the season 32 contestants... I think their season was already filmed in the spring, which means they have a looooong wait until finale night.

Also, hopefully it isn't a cursed location:

quote:

“Survivor” is not the first reality TV show to decide that Koh Rong’s white sand beaches and jungle make an ideal backdrop. In 2013, French “Survivor”-style series “Koh-Lanta” canceled filming on the island when 25-year-old contestant Gerald Babin died of a heart attack while taking part in a challenge during episode one.

Less than a week later, the show’s 38-year-old doctor, Thierry Costa, committed suicide on Koh Rong. In a handwritten note left in his hotel room, he said accusations in the media that he had not done enough to resuscitate the Frenchman had led him to take his own life.

• Locked thread