Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
Yeah, having a reputation for being a big strategic threat is death in a full All-Stars season. That's why I tend to think people like Stephen and Spencer are in bigger trouble than Kass and definitely more so than the Natalie Tenerelli's of the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
For like 5-6 seasons after Samoa every loving Survivor thread inevitably degenerated into a debate about that season's jury.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007

DoggPickle posted:

They could cut down on the RANDOM and make it more of an actual strategic game if they NEVER MADE RANDOM TRIBE SWAPS. It doesn't matter how awesome you are and what friends you have made - if you get stuck on the losing end of some kind of random swap, you're dead. Also, obviously, they should make the idols completely impossible to find unless you have 2 (VERY SMART) or 3 clues. None of this, Ah I found it in a tree-hole bullshit.

The answer, as always, is that tribe swaps and easy to find idols make better TV. And when it comes down to it, better TV is almost always more important than making it a better game of strategy and skill.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

So Mike's wins don't count because he won so hard he made his opponents look like chumps?

Sort of reminds me of the "Kim and Rob's wins aren't that great because they were playing with a bunch of bozos like Christina Cha and Natalie Tenerelli" argument. Sure, but they should get a ton of credit for surrounding themselves in the endgame with those kinda people. Mike isn't in the same league as a winner as them, but he should get some credit for especially the Joe boot as after that the physical competition other than Tyler was nonexistent.

• Locked thread