Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

The Lord Bude posted:

But dawson has the advantage of learning from Cochran's two tries. Also unlike Cochran, he isn't a young, physically weak, insecure goony nerd on a tribe of alpha jocks - Cochran could have gone much further his first time round if he had a different tribe.

He's older, is a university professor - used to teaching classes, public speaking, etc. Better socially adjusted, and, importantly, is on a tribe skewed more towards older people used to using their brains and their social skills. It's a vastly different dynamic.

You can prepare for the game but you can't prepare for the people cause you don't know who you will play with/against (Casaya, Gabon).
The only tip I could think is to never ally with anyone named Kelly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Propaganda Machine posted:

For everybody who hasn't seen/doesn't remember Thailand, and you can be forgiven for that:

[video type="youtu"]SywCEf1fXe8[/video]

That timestamp is the beginning of the good stuff, but you can go to the beginning of the video for context, and the 7-minute mark for the magic moment :allears:

It's actually the only season I haven't watched so far.

Edit: What the christ.....

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Alright tonight is the premier of Survivor: Worlds Apart and due to the hype that is everywhere It's probably a indication of a good season.

Hopefully they will throw this intro into tonights episode : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYaim45ynNQ

Pony: Max
Poison: Rodney (Why Will You Be the poison of this seasons SURVIVOR: With my smarts, athletic ability, hustle like a salesman and personality, I think I can make it, baby! )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's have some predictions before first episode arrives.

Who is getting the first boot and why?

Nina Poersch. Is an older lady and not probably the biggest asset among the eyes of others. How much of an impact will Cochlear implant have on her game remains to be seen.

Nexal fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Feb 25, 2015

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Vernacular posted:

Great first episode, finding myself gravitating especially toward Joe, Tyler, Rodney, Mike and Jenn. Props to casting for finding Vince and Dan. Amazing. Also, Max doesn't seem as bad as everybody is making him out to be.

Also, RIP So aka hottest person on the show. She had it coming though, definitely.

Dan actually traveled across USA to several auditions in order to get into the show. Finding Vince though...

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Rarity posted:

When I started watching Survivor a couple years ago the huge consensus in the current thread was that Cook Islands was the best season. Weird how much opinion shifts in a couple of years.

It's like Gabon. People hated that poo poo for some time but now it's being seen in better lights these days.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
I wonder if Russell is first boot in HvV2.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Professor Shark posted:

more about this russell character tia

"He is the greatest player ever yet to win the game!"

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Piell posted:

Look how dumb you are. This cast is one of the better ones they've had.

While I don't agree with his opinion I wouldn't go as far as to call him dumb. There are actually people who like Redemption Island and Nicaragua.....

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Mills posted:

Yeah. But they should cast one.

Hello Mills. How are we today? Have you yet sent your application to CBS Survivor?

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Watch them pick Max for next all-stars season for sure.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Im afraid it might be the twist swedish version or survivor loves which is a challenge at f4 between jury members and winner gets back to the game. We all know jeff loves redemption Island so I wouldn't count this lovely idea out of the question yet.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Probst saying few things about the twist:
“We have a new advantage in the game,” he says. “Something we’ve toyed with for a long time and decided to do it this year, and it-----”
Source: http://www.ew.com/article/2014/12/17/survivor-worlds-apart-jeff-probst

I have no idea what it is. Maybe some new type of feature to the game like idols were back then.

Also my three favorites for this season are the following:

Mike
Shirin
Dan

Enjoy your day.

Nexal fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Apr 9, 2015

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

blue squares posted:

You are a strange one

He is not gonna win but I do enjoy watching him.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Metropolis posted:

Whenever you post "Previously on... SURVIVOR!" it really helps me find the livewatch part of the thread, which I find useful since I gotta watch it non-live.

:wink:

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Poque posted:

Nexal will have to take over soon because my bowling league moves to Wednesdays in a few weeks.

Nexal actually got a new job and he has to sleep when survivor is being broadcasted in Merica.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Piell posted:

From Dalton Ross's most recent interview with Probst

I've got to imagine the auction thing is the "big twist" we've been waiting for, just because we're running out time for something to actually happen. Anyone have any ideas of what kind of auction-related twist could happen?

I believe it's extra vote that you can use at any tribal up till final 4. I can already see people killing each other for it.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
:smug:

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Fast Luck posted:

Heh, I guess he's going to be on the returning player ballot.

Edit: Reading the AMA he says definitely not, but, hmm.

He is gonna be on next allstars for sure.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Poque posted:

The biggest problem for Mike (and by extension Shirin) is that Dan and Sierra are not a pair. They hate each other and are only "together" out of convenience. When Rodney's foursome go off on their own, both Dan and Sierra INDEPENDENTLY need to join Mike - Dan and Sierra are deciding as a pair to do this. Because neither of them is an aggressive/assertive enough player on their own to make a move, nothing gets done. They've edited the episodes pretty well to hide any Dan/Sierra conflict recently so that the past few boots haven't been completely obvious, but I think that Mike's biggest problem is he's tasked with convincing two separate people to flip rather than one set of two paired votes.

Apparently she and a bunch of other people from the season (Jenn, Hali, etc etc) went and got tattoos instead of watching. That's awesome.

That's freaking awesome. I hope she returns in future seasons. I like both her and Mike.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Nexal posted:

I believe it's extra vote that you can use at any tribal up till final 4. I can already see people killing each other for it.

It might not have gone exactly as I predicted but yeah....

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Am I a horrible person for wishing a Dan,Rodney and Will final three?

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Dugong posted:

I've never watched Survivor before but if it means that Will can be destroyed by the jury at the final tribal council thing, then your idea sounds a lot more appealing.

Out of those 3. I honestly think Dan has the best shot.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

ColdBlooded posted:

I'm starting to think Shirin might actually win this. There has to be a reason why almost everyone hated her and, while that doesn't excuse most of Will's tirade, it's something that could be easily hidden by editing.
It's 100% Shirin or Mike though; :lol: at anyone who thinks Tyler is winning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Jante
I see this type of behavior that Will behaved many times a year. Dare to be different and god knows what happen. I embrace it, gently caress these idiots.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Here i'm hoping for a Rodney, Dan, Will final three so that we can all be miserable.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
For the goons i voted Max. My wok here is done.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

uranus posted:

i wonder what survivor would be like with no tribes and no immunity idols and no immunity challenges

Ugh.. Don't bring this up... Bad memories....

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Survivor needs a character to fit into this track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvjyWmW2ldU

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Rick is that you?

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
In my little delusional world I cannot comprehend how Shane wasn't on the top 10 of this vote. I bet something happened in the recent days and he had to pull himself off. Yes that makes it look acceptable and I don't have to be bitter.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
But honestly what if Russell played this season? He might have won cause there is no way players like Dan, will or rodney would beat him at the FTC.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

kitten posted:

Rodney would win. In all the exit interviews the people said they liked being around Rodney. Mike said he thought Rodney was a bigger threat than Caroline. Jenn said she thought Rodney was funny.

I see. Fancy that.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Apparently the filming has been delayed by a week for second chances... I wonder if they are gonna keep contestants apart from each other whole week... *secretly hoping Keith getting sick and Shane coming and replacing him *

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

BGrifter posted:

Considering Shane tweeted 28 minutes ago I doubt it. :sigh:

Aaaw.. Damnit. Caoboi lives in cambodia currently. Would be cool to see him being the reward or something(in before Rupert in Israel version of survivor).

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
8/10

Mainly cause the jerks got what they deserved and that in itself feels satisfying. Entertainment value was at the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Mike is a great winner but not the best player.
He had lots of faults in his gameplay but he used the challenges to get to the end. He had enough charisma and social skills to get someone like Dan's vote after betraying him and we all know how bitter that man is.
Ozzy got to the finals by winning challenges but that didn't win the game for him. Russel got to the finals with his alliance and strategy but that didn't win the game for him.

• Locked thread