Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

The Lord Bude posted:

I can't believe they finally cast Max Dawson on Survivor. he's either going to be amazing or awful. (for those who don't know, he teaches classes on Survior/reality TV; and has appeared on various survivor/reality tv related podcasts - Rob Cesternino, Dom & Colin, etc as a guest academic to analyse the performances of the players etc)

first boot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Met posted:

I learned the other day that James has never won an individual challenge despite always being considered THE physical threat.
He's huge and doesn't have much fat on him so a few weeks on a rice-only diet probably kills most of his energy.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I'd skip the weird first season and start with Australia. It's got everything and is entertaining even with minimal knowledge of how the game usually plays out

CBS All Access has most or all of the seasons streaming.

The first season is different from the others because it contains the evolution of the actual game and strategies people use from the premise of "let's throw some people on an island and have them vote for who goes home".

Like it's not the most entertaining season but it's far from the worst and I think it's helpful for a new person to watch in terms of learning why people do the things they do on the show and how it ended up working the way it does.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Professor Shark posted:

I thought Tony at first, going back to the better season.

Tony owns and every time they have a boring season they should just airdrop him onto the island with the TP idol to gently caress everything up

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

uranus posted:

I remember reading this article about how people can detect within five or so minutes of interaction whether the person they are talking to is missing a certain social gene. I remember reading that paper and thinking 'huh, i bet i know some of those people'. People who just seem not to fit in and you can't say why. They may say and do the right things in the right situation even, but when they do it it seems wrong or forced. I thought of that article after seeing Dan.

Also I did some googling and couldn't find the article so if anyone knows what I'm talking about help me out please thansk.

Are you thinking of Williams Syndrome? Basically a small genetic defect that makes the person very talkative and outgoing but also makes it very difficult for them to read other people's emotions leading to them irritating the poo poo out of everyone.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

The only thing I didn't like about solitary was that they eventually told you to stop if you were the last one standing in a challenge. They should have just let them keep going until it was time for the next challenge.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

uranus posted:

I've been trying to find Solitary after everyone's been talking about it, and it looks like seasons 2, 3 and 4 are all on youtube, but ive been unable to find season 1. Is there any reason i would need to watch season 1 first?

It's the best one.

I had trouble finding it myself. Found it on Hulu eventually but I have no idea if it's still up there.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Adus posted:

Mike throwing that challenge was making me cringe so hard. I half expected someone back on the mat to shout "What the gently caress are you doing, Mike?! Why are you telling her the solution?!" but I suppose it wasn't as obvious to the players as it was to us. They didn't seem that far away I could swear that they should be able to hear him.

I think it was more that literally everyone except Joe knew that it was going to happen.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Spatula City posted:

Will somehow winning an individual immunity

he's a major threat for the eating weird poo poo challenge but I think Mike would still beat him.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

DoggPickle posted:

misoginist slaughter-the-English-language

irony

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

DoggPickle posted:

WHAT? OMG he was such a horrible misogynist. Maybe he was friendlier in the long term than he looked on TV, but I wanted to punch him constantly. Sorry for picking out a single line of your post :lol:

You wanted to punch him constantly. The other people on the island kinda liked him and thought he was funny. That's why when he pulled that whole "take me to the end because I've been a jerk and people won't vote for me" thing on Mike, it didn't work, because Mike knew it wasn't really true.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

DoggPickle posted:

I forget how the reunion went exactly, but I'd be willing to bet a million imaginary dollars that there was not a woman on the Jury who would have voted Rodney. You can be cool as poo poo, but if HALF the people you meet think you're the dregs of the Jersey Shore and want to stab you in the eyeballs, your "social game" isn't really all that tight. (wait, did Jen say she would vote him?)

The women absolutely would have voted for him if the other choices were Dan and Will, no question. And even in the other matchups he probably would have done okay. I think he was a bit of a victim of bad editing since he came off to the audience as a big dumb douchebag but most of the other players had a lot of good things to say about him. Which is not to say that he wasn't a douchebag, but he was a douchebag who played an honestly pretty tight social game most of the time and got most of the other people out there to like him and formed a surprisingly solid and long-lived alliance.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Piell posted:

Numerous times he went out of his way to act like an rear end in a top hat to the people he was voting out and didn't once consider that this might cause problems to him later.

Hey, it worked for Daugherty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

EngineerJoe posted:

I want to see a season filled with only first booters. Good season or best season?

Put Francesqua on both tribes.

• Locked thread