Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Capt. Supermarket posted:

Yeah and I think they've all been great. Wiggler is a really great cohost and it's especially true during the Amazon chapter that was released last Friday.

I was worried that lovely seasons of Survivor would mean lovely chapters, but I think Thailand is probably the funniest out of the 6 released so far.
I just wonder if it's worthwhile to listen to if you haven't seen the season they're talking about in 10 years and can't remember poo poo. What do you think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Who the gently caress is Kelly
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9RCEgtHNgTw&t=14m3s

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I found the grind thing way more awkward than actually funny. Did not enjoy it or that season very much.

And Jeff giving Brandon the massage to try to keep him under control definitely is an eternally funny image but I would have preferred if Brandon was never on that season.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

In the moment I hated it, because I was thinking, why did they cast this clearly dangerously unstable person? That's not why I want to watch Survivor.

But this image is glorious:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Sometimes I think people kind of mythologize Brian. Yeah he was the Ice Man and all that, but the guy only won 4-3, and that was against Clay Jordan, not exactly the most intimidating opponent. And on top of that, Clay lost a vote because Helen told Ted that Clay was racist. Regardless, the season was the typical post-merge Pagonging and none of the players after the merge were particularly likable.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Do they sort of do episode by episode play-by-plays? Or is it better than that?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

edit: asdf

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Feb 14, 2015

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

No, Carolyn, we're not voting for you.
Who are you voting for?
Uhhh....

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Wow, So is a disaster. Outing absolutely everything straight out in the first tribal. Enjoy being bounced by the idol you had the clue for :|

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Wow, I thought So was going but I thought it would be at the hands of Carolyn's idol. cuz of that Tyler confessional where he said idols were dangerous and Carolyn having an idol made up his mind for him. Ahh, Survivor editors.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Unmerciful posted:

Some interesting stuff from Gordon Holmes here: http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2015/02/25/survivor-worlds-apart-episode-1-recap-singing-the-blues/

Last one's probably my favorite..
Behind-the-Scenes Tidbit: Will’s assertion that he could make sandwiches went on for a long time. At one point he claimed that he could make flour from the ocean.
That's hilarious

Behind-the-Scenes Tidbit: Nobody wanted to play the game too hard in front of Tyler. At one point Max even said, “Tyler is above the game.” It was almost like he was too innocent for the politics.
That's odd

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I'd be surprised if Rob C plays again because I think his feeling is that everyone would just vote him off first for having the podcast and knowing too many people. Plus he'd have to be on an island for awhile and also presumably forbidden from podcasting his own season at least while he's in it.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

I think you're being too generous. It was a bad position but she played it the worst way she could, agreeing to something she didn't seem to want, telling a terribly transparent lie that, and then not even using the clue with caution. You say she wouldn't want to make one enemy of five that quickly but instead she made four. We really don't know what Joaquin would have done if she had insisted on Honesty. And I don't see how her coming back and telling the tribe the truth could have yielded less trust than that lie did. She still probably would have found herself in bad situation as one of the "expendable" ladies and probably Joaquin against her but Catelyn wouldn't have an idol to flash as leverage to keep her safe and Joaquin might have been a target at least to flush the idol (I was actually mildly surprised they didn't consider going that way anyway).

It definitely was a bad position and there's no easy right way to have played it, but she played it about as badly as humanly possible.
In her exit interview she actually managed to explain her way into sounding a lot more sensible

-She spilled to Shirin that she took the idol clue, and shared the clue with her
-That's why when Max floated Shirin's name, she tried to change the direction
-When she said "us four are voting out Carolyn" (outing her supposed alliance) in tribal, that was after she already had figured out she was going home, and her real purpose with that was to show people that Max was playing both sides on her way out
-Also, she's dating Malcolm

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

I don't know, maybe I'm being unfair but a lot of that just makes her sound more wild and directionless as a player. Why confide your secret to a third of six? You're just further confusing all these trust issues. Come clean or shut up, I think, at that stage. And didn't Shirin call them out on the lie in Tribal or was that someone else's? And what's the point of trying to expose Max in the middle of Tribal? Aren't you just making a new enemy? If that was an attempt to spontaneously get them to vote out Max it was a tad too subtle. Otherwise, what? Was it just petty revenge?
It was from the RHAP interview. To answer some of your questions: She does say in hindsight, she would have told the whole tribe the clue. However, only telling Shirin makes sense because she can do that without openly burning Joaquin, and if she and Shirin are now tight, that's 3 out of 6 of the tribe right there, and she should be safe. I guess they weren't really tight, though. The point of exposing Max was, as I said, she claims she already knew she was going home at that point. So she wasn't making a new enemy really as she was already clear she was leaving the game. I guess you could call it petty revenge, although if you think some people played it cool and this guy is just scheming and being a snake, I can see wanting to out the guy a little bit on my way out just to give everyone else warning.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Haha, yeah I guess they could say "wow, smart thinking," and let you do it. But the point is, it'd totally be their (the producers') call. If they wanna say "what are you doing, you can't do that," you wouldn't be able to beat them on a technicality.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Wow Joe, don't kill yourself by splitting the vote
Well, if they didn't actually have 4, all they'd have is a 3-3, so I think the split is a little less aggressive than it seemed.

Unmerciful posted:

Yeah Nina's last minute thing with Will throwing Vince under the bus really felt like a red herring from the producers...
Nooope. Why did she do that, why? She must have never even considered how that'd make him feel. She could have asked him how he was doing without mentioning "Vince was saying..." and then Jenn would be out on her rear end! (Unless Will was never as in on that plan as it seemed, but I think he was.)

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I don't think that was bullying. She made her cry by not including her, and I don't really consider not including someone as bullying. I think Jenn's comment you're referring to was to the camera as well.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Recursive posted:

While I don't think it was bullying at all, let Nina say no.
I agree it wasn't super cool of them and in that respect, Will was way cooler and more likable. I just wouldn't call it bullying to leave someone out of a thing.

Ironic Twist posted:

Can we talk about how the Survivor contestant named Kelly got no airtime this episode either, except to say she was sitting out the challenge
Who the gently caress is Kelly?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

LIKEINEEDTHIS posted:

I really appreciated Kelly's remark after Nina's emotional outburst where she realised that "she just wanted to be a girl..."
Kelly isn't in the same tribe as Nina

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Spatula City posted:

thinking about it, the next episode probably won't be super-surprising, as there are clear boots-in-the-making on each tribe, with no way to salvage in sight. I hope I'm wrong, because I kind of like MIKE THE SCORPION EATER.
I think a white collar tribal could be interesting. I'm not sure Joaquin's fate is sealed at this point.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Anonymous Zebra posted:

It's what the producers call a person when they decide to put him on a No-collar tribe in a gimmick season. The same way that Will is being identified as a Youtube sensation even though he has an actual real job. 85% of the players this season are literally people they hired from the Cali area, so they needed to give them silly gimmick titles to make them all seem varied and different.

EDIT: The real answer for most of them is "Profession: Model".
Look up Coconut Caravan on Facebook for pictures of Vince's "circus-themed, gypsy-influenced" coconut stand.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

RHAP people all seemed to think Will made a good move because he still has a Nina buffer between himself and the others. It's a pretty close call for me. He's 4th in a 4 now and could've been 3rd in a 3, but, actually, being 4th in a 4 might be better come shuffle time. You're more likely to land next to one of your allies, and if you are trying to cobble together a new majority in a new alliance, Jenn and Joe and Hali probably will be better ambassadors than Vince and Nina. Also, if you fail to get a majority in the newly shuffled tribe, those people are also probably bigger targets than Will.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Rob Cesternino works pretty hard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcxnjScLYzM

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Anyone hear the story that there is gonna be an all-stars season coming up? S32 maybe.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Codependent Poster posted:

Shirin is really loving weird.
Yep and it's hilarious.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

SJDS had a lot of people who had never seen the show before and sucked and this season has people that are obsessed with it and suck.

Speaking of the super fans, Dan is terrible. The Blue Collar tribe sucks so hard. Kelly said during tribal council how if they voted out Lindsey they'd be losing Sierra too, so apparently they had thought of that... and then they side with Rodney and vote out Lindsey anyway. That would sink them if it weren't for the fact that new tribe is never going to lose a challenge. And then they go back to camp and Dan insults Sierra, and then Dan "apologizes" to Sierra, Mike talks about how they need to keep an eye on Sierra, and then they all walk off and leave Sierra unattended. Unreal.

Dan: "women listen like this, men listen like this"
Mike: "when you apologize to a woman, just tell them you're sorry and that's it, that's all they want to hear"
Rodney: "women should hold themselves to a higher standard than men etc etc"
:thumbsup:

Compared to the other two, Firewood Mike actually comes out looking good.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

ctrl-h brad for dan?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Come on guys, he doesn't know that much trivia, it's just that we're all filthy casuals

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Lone Goat posted:

We all should have seen this coming when he was talking about KALE in his bio.

What a fuckin dork.
Yeah and I don't hate him for having his beard but the way he talks about his own beard nonstop I just want to smack him. And also the cast photos where he's like crossing his arms trying to look tough, it's so posed and fake. Everything about him is so arrogant ("I would have lied too, but I would have done a better job at it!") and yet he absolutely sucked out there. "I told her I'd have gone to rocks for her, I can't believe she turned on me!" "Well yeah I used her as a pawn so that if So played a HII she would have gone home, I guess she doesn't understand strategy."

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Also I have some speculation based on Lindsey's exit interview: sticks up for idiot Dan -> Dan is a fellow pre-jury boot

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

He voted her out for tempting him.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Joaquin's confessional about Shirin being a psychopath killing progressively bigger animals reminded me so much of that. Too bad Nina wasn't around to do the "creepy" sign

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Kelly made that challenge throw hard. And obvious imo.

So Rodney wanted to throw that to boot Joe and Mike is throwing it because... not necessarily the same reason???

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I feel kind of bad for Joaquin, because he was really playing and looked pretty good talking to Sierra, talking to Rodney. His fatal flaw was that Rodney and Sierra were incompatible, haha. But I wish it would have been Rodney going out instead of him.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Holy poo poo that lizard covered with bugs.
Also. Quoting this. Where's the gif or whatever. We used to have survivor gifs of eels barfing eels or whatever poo poo and bug lizard belongs in the pantheon.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

But he also didn't seem to fully grasp what a problem Rodney was for Sierra and just seemed like he expected to charm her into getting over it. Plus he apparently completely isolated Joe which was just stupid.
Well, his plan was to vote out Joe, which was really, really smart. Joe and the no collars are going to be a huge threat.

That said, I'm glad Joe survived. I like him.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

omg yes the worm lizard!

By the way, I'm hoping next week has one of those tribal councils where like four different people receive votes. I think it's possible.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I think Mike probably screwed up and should have booted Joe instead of Joaquin.

It's kind of hard to say completely for sure whether that's the case, but he could have had Rodney, Joaq, and Tyler all aligned with blue collar going into the merge, and one of the strong no collar players out of the game. Now Joe is still around to join back up with Jenn, Hali, and Will. Tyler will probably join up with them too because blue collar just voted against him last tribal, and Carolyn was with them before. That gives the no collars six people (and two idols) and puts blue collar in pretty bad shape, especially with Rodney ready to jump ship and Sierra and Shirin also free agents.

The redeeming aspects of the move are, I guess, that Tyler and Carolyn may not necessarily go that direction... and that this puts Mike more in the center of what he does still have, which is himself, Kelly, and Dan. If you let Joaq stay, and he's tight with Rodney and has Tyler, then Mike may end up on the periphery of his alliance. But they'll have their work cut out for them trying to cobble together a new majority. There's so many moving parts in play though, I guess anything can happen.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

What a garbage tribe name. Not because it's redneck or whatever, it's just all-around awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Rodney and Mike just met Carolyn, right? Already calling her Mama C.

• Locked thread