Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

And um, postal workers and hairdressers are "blue collar" jobs now? wtf is this poo poo?

Postal worker seems pretty blue-collar to me. Hairdresser not so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003
I think that was smart play from Will, manipulating both sides to oust a perceived threat. Hopefully Joe learned something about overly optimistic vote splits.

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003

kloa posted:

This is my first Survivor season, and I binged through all the aired episodes so far this season, and man, I was hoping every season was this great. :ese:

Reading through this thread tells me that I just happened to have stumbled upon a great season though, so I may just check out the few seasons everyone talks about here as some binge material.

I don't think this season is a huge amount better than Brains, Beauty, Brawn or some of the other recent seasons.

It's definitely better than last season, because last season was terrible.

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003
So assuming he doesn't win immunity, should Mike play his HII this week?

Is there any chance the six don't shatter at this point? Wouldn't he be better just to hold on to the idol, safe in the knowledge that the assume he will play it?

Someone make an argument for his playing it.

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

I enjoy Sierra constantly saying how she should vote out (person) and when the opportunity comes, not taking it.

I think Sierra knows what she is doing. She is playing to go to the top 3 with some combination of Rodney, Dan and Will and win a popularity contest. I think it's a pretty reasonable strategy considering her position.

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

If I was Mike I'd think long and hard about holding onto the idol. It would be a massive gamble but I'm not sure what other path he has in the game. It would be near impossible for him to win out and it seems like even when the other six turn on each other they'll still see Mike as the obvious Jury Threat they need to get out of there. Finishing 7th isn't much different from finishing 6th or 5th. Normally you tell someone to live to fight another day because things change up but Mike's just too obvious a threat to let slip into the F3.

Now, I have no idea if I'd have the balls to do it and risk going home with an idol in my pocket. But I'd definitely be considering right up until that moment Jeff asked.

The main reason I can think for Mike to play the idol is that he's such a physical threat. He has it in him to win a couple more immunities, and if he use the power of the idol to get out another physical threat like Tyler or Caroline it only increases his chances.

Here are my current power rankings.

Mike - If he makes final three he wins, and I think he has a good fist of making it there.
Tyler - I think he wins against anyone except mike, but I think he is viewed as too much of a threat by the rest. I think it is only the idol that separates these two.
Sierra - I think that any final three that doesn't include Tyler or Mike will be a popularity contest, and Sierra is better liked than any of the others and has done less to piss anyone off. It's kind of sad that she is number three.
Mama C - This has to be close between her and Sierra, but I think that Sierra has the votes of all the sitting jurors, and probably Mike's as well. Mama C is better liked than the rest, despite her smug as hell smile and sour personality.
Rodney - Basically everyone hates him, but at least he did a thing in the game. He's also genuine in his bad personality, which maybe counts for something?
Dan - Dad is a loathsome fellow, and unless something truly bizarre happens has zero chance to win. Sure, he has a double vote, but I think he's far too stupid to use it effectively. He has blue collar ties and dumb loyalty as his only dubious qualities.
Will - Will could have been where Sierra is if he hadn't blown up at Shirin. He's just as much as a useless lump as Dan with the disadvantage that he has never had any allies who weren't blatantly using him. Also has zero chance to win, but I think that even greater miracles must be performed (and who knows? he is a religious man after all) for him to change his fate. I think he is, however, and absolute lock for final three, because who would be dumb enough to vote him out?

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003

elgarbo posted:

So going back to last night's episode... Did Dan really not give any consideration to voting for Tyler? It ended up working out for him, but he would have had to have had 100% faith in the others to blindly just burn his vote like that.

Or he's just a moron. I guess I answered my own question.

Yeah I think it was 100% correct for Dan to vote Tyler last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003

Celery Face posted:

"I consider myself to be a very self-aware individual."

:lol:

Came to post this. Absolutely incredible. You couldn't write it.

• Locked thread