Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Smorgasbord posted:

I feel like there are all sorts of avenues available for me to look at attractive women, what I want from Survivor contestants is the ability to think on their feet and make interesting choices and she just doesn't seem likely to produce that.

This. It's television for god's sake. If the contestant is boring I always feel like we're better off without them. But then I'd be fine with Shane being the sole player next season and the only challenge being him lasting 39 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
Ahahaha. Shane not coming back? This show is worthless at this point.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^

bbf2 posted:

I'm seriously dumbfounded by the S31 vote.

America voting on a reality show always goes for the schmaltz but tries to payback a villain. They're too impatient to make casting choices if they want to settle it before the show starts.

What fun is watching a saintly ones cast nodding off next to each other, picking their bug bites by the campfire.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^

DoggPickle posted:

For all I know do to the edit, I would have voted Russell the first time to win.

Would you though if the guy just cost you a million dollars?

Part of the fun for the jury is they can get instant revenge if they want.

Russell just apparently wasn't aware enough of how the game works in that regard, because it's always been part of the game.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^

BGrifter posted:

Everyone I've heard talk about it seems to agree the smart move is to do what Penner did and try to gain as much weight as possible before the show. Most people are more worried about looking good on camera though.

Didn't even Hatch do that on the first All Stars. It's funny how little most people do to prepare. Maybe because they don't know they're going until late in the casting process... but at the very least learn to make fire with flint and try living on rice for a few days, and put on some fat pounds right before leaving. And that's the minimum, there's a lot you could do to really train and it's cool that Mike took that step.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^

LostRook posted:

Rob's win ratio 1 in 4.

Winner and 2nd place (to his future wife) out of 4 tries is pretty respectable. I mean he's a far from invisible character too, so any time he plays he has a rather high chance of getting backstabbed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^

Narcissus1916 posted:

I just think that, like most winners, there's a lot of luck involved.

There definitely is. Hell it takes luck not to be that person who says one word that rubs someone wrong, and become the first boot because of it.

Then there's stuff like hidden immunity idols... it's a crap shoot to be seen looking for it, it's a crap shoot to tell someone you have it. Plus everyone who doesn't get one is essentially unlucky.

Then there's the challenges where you don't really even know what you're playing until you get there so you'd better be a fast learner if it's something like firing a ball from a giant sling.

Anyone who thinks they're going to win by anticipating everything will probably get their butt kicked.

• Locked thread