Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

I don't believe in ghosts. But I've had the weirdest poo poo happen in this house. It always seems louder at night when nobody else is here, creaking floors, rattling doors... I admit I have gotten frustrated when the house was just noisy in the middle of the night and yelled 'shut up!' at nothing at all. Seemed to work. Probably my imagination...

At any rate, I've only had one truly weird experience here. This place is 70s as all hell. Slate in the bathroom, wood-paneling out the wazoo, and every bedroom has those previously-fashionable, completely awful inbuilts with mirrored sliding doors. The last place I rented was pretty similar in that regard, it's something a bit off-putting but you get used to it.

My landlady is a bit of a nut. She decided she wanted to put curtains in everywhere, very good, because at the time we only had these lovely cheap plastic blinds. She managed to break the blinds in my room while doing the measurements, so while I was waiting for her to come back with the curtains I had the lovely experience of sleeping in a room with no window coverings. The way my room's laid out is you got a big window on one side, then on the opposite wall you got wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling mirrors on the wardrobe, bed inbetween, so if you lie on your side you get a view of either window or mirrors. When I was a kid I had a nightmare that I looked out the window of my bedroom at night and there was a weird man, standing there in the middle of the yard, just staring. I don't much like looking outside windows at night anymore, especially if they've been covered. Who knows what's out there?

So it was a crap week without anything on the windows. But it was pretty uneventful. It was Spring, so the weather was fine enough and it was dark enough outside not to be a hassle. The windows opened into our fully-enclosed backyard - wouldn't have slept in there otherwise, haha. But as I said, uneventful. Landlady came back, put the curtains on the windows, all normal.

First night with the curtains though... well it was normal. Until I woke up in the morning. I was facing the mirror, looked up at it absentmindedly. Saw a strange man, peering in, clear as day. A short, bald, slight bloke, wearing glasses and squinting, leaning in with his hand over his eyes as if he was trying to see in. My first impression was "gently caress why is somebody at my window" but then I realised... first of all, new curtains, nice and closed. Second of all... my bed wasn't reflected inbetween me and him. If it was a reflection he would have been between me and the wardrobe. Right in front of me.

Naturally I immediately pulled the covers over my head. Suddenly completely awake. Took a few moments to work up the courage to peek out again, reminding myself that what I just saw was impossible anyway... And of course, nothing was there after that.

Never saw anything like it since. The waking mind can play funny tricks on you...

My family doesn't believe me when I tell this story. I don't blame them, considering I spent ages telling fake stories about how my house is haunted to gently caress with my gullible brother-in-law.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread