Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

eating only apples posted:

Blood mirror gives me the willies every time I read it, best scary story I've read I think.

One that I think is goon-written (I certainly first read it in one of the old threads) which has always stuck with me is The Intruder:

Also The Intruder can cast Magic Missile, but only on a Tuesday, and also if you don't look at it, the Intruder grows to twice its size but attacks half as fast. The Intruder gains the ability to teleport if you are either wearing a blue jacket, or odd socks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Missing Name posted:

I'm sorry, but every time I hear about Goatman, I always think about

Well, I'd say he qualifies as a "shapeshifter"

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

My grandfather was Polish but fought in the Nazi Army. My grandmother knew he kept something from the war in a sealed chest in the attic. I personally never got to find out what was in there, and at some point in the 1990s, he took out whatever it was and burned it to nothing on a great big bonfire.

I'd have loved to have known what it was. My grandfather never ever spoke about the war, and certainly didn't entertain questions about it. My uncle was super pissed off - he was looking forward to inheriting some sweet Nazi secret things.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Fyadophobic posted:

I'm really jonesin' for creepy UFO and alien abduction stories lately, does anyone have any good recommendations?

I enjoy listening to accounts from military guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR3Fhyi14Pw

That's part 1/7

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

Does that goon get anything at all for all this stuff being made from his creation?

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

hard counter posted:

If I remember that thread right I laughed pretty good at someone realizing that the deep, dark fear getting born out of the collective unconsciousness of the forums had the simple appearance of a tall, fit dude with a steady job

It directly tapped into the primal goon fear of being in a situation that requires formal dress.

• Locked thread