Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Contra Calculus posted:

Lol, guy makes a game series that probably cost him all of $100 to make if that and now he's going to be like a millionaire.

personally, i'm jealous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

They're making a movie out of it

Like a real movie or some youtube crap.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

They're making a movie out of it

i hope they do a good job because it does have a good story. im so proud of Scott because of how far he got with his game.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Like a real movie or some youtube crap.

Warner Bros. Studios purchased the film rights

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Warner Bros. Studios purchased the film rights

What the gently caress.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

What the gently caress.

http://time.com/3781305/five-nights-at-freddys-movie-film-warner-bros-fazbear-pizza-vertigo/

:staredog:

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Hey, if I made some stupid game that got every tween boy playing it, I'd milk the living gently caress out of it too. Land Before Time that poo poo!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Korthal posted:

Hey, if I made some stupid game that got every tween boy playing it, I'd milk the living gently caress out of it too. Land Before Time that poo poo!

The more likely case is that some rich producer weirdo really liked the game and paid comparative pennies for it and screwed the game designer out of hella cash so he could fund some weird pet project.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i hope we get to see pizza hut use the freedy name.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

freddy fagbear

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

The more likely case is that some rich producer weirdo really liked the game and paid comparative pennies for it and screwed the game designer out of hella cash so he could fund some weird pet project.

does Warner Brothers generally pay pennies for any franchise? Even if they still screwed him out of a deal, he is likely now several hundred thousand dollars richer than the average indie dev or person on this forum for that matter. And it literally took him less than a year.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Haha yeah it's so gay that Warner Bros is making a movie about one of the most Win games of the year. gently caress off.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Larry Parrish posted:

Haha yeah it's so gay that Warner Bros is making a movie about one of the most Win games of the year. gently caress off.

I dont think anyone's saying it's gay. Just shocked that it got this financially successful in such a short time frame.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Contra Calculus posted:

I dont think anyone's saying it's gay. Just shocked that it got this financially successful in such a short time frame.

*rips the door open, my silhouette cast dauntingly in the doorway*

"It's gay."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

A Spider Covets posted:

*rips the door open, my silhouette cast dauntingly in the doorway*

"It's gay."

*clicks a buttpn, sending the door crashing down onto your gay head*

Five Nights At FReddys, Bitch!