Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Prime 2 has the best Metroid bosses ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Somebody tell me how to aim with the Wiimote, because this game is kicking my rear end. I appreciate the ability to freely aim, but I can't hit poo poo, even locked on.

turn on advanced/lock on free aim for the best controls.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Wormskull posted:

I never played it, and I don't have room on my Wii U and don't feel like finding a thumb drive so I likely shan't ever.

it is worth the effort.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Just got the gravity suit, taking me to 50% items. I'm halfway to playing my favorite Prime now.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

There's a typo in your post. It should read "I'm halfway through playing my favorite Prime now." FYI

no. Prime 2 is the best.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I like bosses in hard mode prime 1 and 2 but regular enemies I can go either way on.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's super lazy. The true hard mode is a normal difficulty low% run, it would be cool if that option existed. Like Hard Mode would just remove a lot of the health/missile upgrades.

the Other M approach to hard mode.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

metroid can crawl

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Let's find a crappy one and squat it.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073555395090/14866558073555395101

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Silver Striker posted:

Wavebuster deals insane damage but drains missiles at a ridiculous rate and nothing really has enough health to warrant using it. Super Missile owns in basically every situation and the Ice Spreader is pretty good. The beam combos are a little better balanced in 2, IMO, but still not great.

Wavebuster is the best way to kill the invisible drone in phazon mines.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Jawtramp posted:

Relax.. Honestly, I don't know why people go apeshit for the Prime games. If you want a shooter play whatever's the flavor of the month FPS on Steam. If you want a Metroid game then play the 2D ones. Let Retro Studios do their own thing with D.K. and let Sakamoto do his thing with Metroid (Other M was arguably a step in the right direction for the series, aside from the story).

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm probably going to get the last 50% in Prime tonight after work.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq5vhwr4wWE

The last boss of Prime 2 has friggin awesome music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=785KGy1-9rA

I love Emperor Ing's song too.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Looper posted:

Making it real hard to play through these in order

Please do not skip Echoes.

I didn't finish Prime last night because I was playing Path of Exile with a friend. I did do the first half of the Phazon Mines, got the Plasma Beam and 9/12 artifacts.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I do not enjoy the beam switching controls but maybe I'm just not used to them. The controls are good otherwise but you have to turn off lock on free aim to hit some of the stalactites in Phendrana Drifts.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

EightFlyingCars posted:

I am stuck in prime 2

I can help

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

EightFlyingCars posted:

oh man you guys :3:

anyway I'm trying to get the second key in the bogs, but it's gated off one way by the spider ball and gated off another way by a power bomb door. I dunno if I accidentally broke sequence because I already got the third key and he water jet pack + grapple beam

You need to get to that room from Light Aether through a portal.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

EightFlyingCars posted:

I kinda figured, but i can only see two ways in there. one way requires power bombs and the other requires the spider ball, and I don't have either yet

The Portal is in Light Aether, you can get there. It's the room before you fight Alpha Blogg.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

there's no way you're filling up a 1TB with wii u games yet

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Silver Striker posted:

No, it requires Super Missile.

spider ball actually

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

oh yeah. the wavebuster is in that room where you first get the charge beam, underwater.

nope

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's there, in the room past where you collect the morph ball. There's also another secret hidden in the tower room.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

i thought this was what was beyond that underwater room

it's not, you can get wavebuster right after thardus by going past the room where you get the morph ball. that underwater room in the charge beam room is a missile expansion.

also you have to go to the room with the wavebuster whether you like it or not if you're going to beat the game so might as well pick it up.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

You should 100% Echoes eventually because almost all of the pickups have an awesome puzzle guarding them. That's one of the big reasons I like it more.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

metroid prime 2 has amazing bosses.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

that would be friggin awesome to use.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

http://youtu.be/HH5j_qIOrZ4?t=30m52s

ha ha.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

If he just got the wave beam he's probably chill enough.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm at 96% in prime and I can't even think of where the last 3 missile expansions and last power bomb would be.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I might just move on to Echoes. I know where all of the items are and I've already done a once over of the world in Prime.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

one of the ones I usually forget is the random room in mag moor that has a series of invisible platforms leading to a hidden alcove with a missile expansion

Yeah I got that one as well as the one behind the foliage past the lava room in chozo ruins. I'm sure I missed some of the easier to find ones somewhere.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

god i cant listen to any music from the prime games it makes me want to start another save file no no no

yes yes yes.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

it is loving terrible gameplay-wise and the boss is downright bad but man is it good at creeping you out and the music is amazing

What is terrible about the gameplay in Maridia compared to the rest of the game?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I usually skip grapple, so I learned how to fight Draygon. There's a spot where you can morphball to avoid his charging, so you have to duck after shooting him with missiles. I think the sweet spot is next to one of the dead crab's claws.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mabels big day posted:

i found the plasma beam, and I've gotten the artifact you get for destroying the space pirate tower in phendrana. i have to venture into the phazon mines again and i fear for my life.

Phazon Mines was harder for me in Trilogy just because beam switching is slower. At least, I'm slower at it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

plasma, ice, plasma, ice. it aint hard friend

I'm talking about the Power, Wave, Ice and Plasma troopers.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Acquire Currency! posted:

I said it earlier but that symmetrical arm canon raise at the end of prime 2 was beyond epic

I'm a fan of the scanning action escape from dark Aether after the final boss.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Was omega metroid the boss of Metroid II? That was very hard and I think i got annoyed after a while and just cheated through it

It was the Queen. It's a shame that the only other time that we've seen a queen is in Other M.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Other M's final boss is looking at Melissa Bergman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Prime 2 has the best scan visor. Holy poo poo all the categories and color coding. I was really disappointed with Prime 3's scanning after Echoes.

• Locked thread