Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

that stupid pirate robot thing you can't lock onto way less obnoxious to fight.

if you mean what I think you mean, you can just Wavebuster it and it just loving keels over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

I'm playing on Gamecube so it might be unfair/easier but here's what I did.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

gently caress the wasp drone hive thing

- Use your radar, when a dot stops moving in a circle, turn around and blast it, if two stop moving, blast one and jump over the others, or blast both if you're a cool guy.
- If you're feeling frisky, just use manual lock (r-trigger, don't know what it is on wii) and just rapidfire in a place where the wasps fly to get free kills, the cool bit is if you hit one they stop and glare at you so you can murder them easier.
- Don't fall in the water.

PrBacterio posted:

really? of the bosses Ive fought so far, the giant plant monster one was harder for me, just because it kept flipping the giant sun collector things back up faster than I could run to them to shoot them down. that's the only boss Ive lost a life to so far :ohdear:

You can stun him so he doesn't do that, also you can manual aim from far away to flip the collectors, as in from the other side of the arena far away.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Signal Boosting from Metroid Megathread

The time, the percentage, or both?

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Bobnumerotres posted:

yeah i did not like the flat double health for all enemies thing in the metroid primes. certain enemies needed a health boost for sure but most of the time it just made it a pain

boss that NEEDED a health boost: omega pirate
boss that becomes a total slog with double health: metroid prime core

Doing Omega on normal felt loving surreal because he died in four super missiles or something insane, like he didn't even get to patch himself up from what I remember.

comedy question: how good is the flamethrower on thardus (does the flamethrower even have a use????)

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

I don't want to replay 2 becuase I know I'm just gonna get to Sanctuary Fortress and let a Rezbit just hack me and then instantly stop playing.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

AHungryRobot posted:

Step 1: Charged Dark Beam shot
Step 2: missile

repeat as necessary.

No I mean that's all I want to see in the game, the entire attack and way Samus deals with it is fantastic.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Bobnumerotres posted:

prime 1 has a couple of bullshit scans that are really easy to miss

like the ice suicide bomber things that only spawn twice ever and never appear again

THE MAP STATION

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Bobnumerotres posted:

that's a more obvious scan

ice shriekbats not so much. i think in the wii version they spawn a couple of extra times tho but gently caress scanning enemies that immediately blow themselves up

You can't scan the map station after you use it.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Mak0rz posted:

Yeah the notion of any Metroid game not requiring backtracking is hilariously naive. I can see an argument for Metroid II, but it's still pretty weak. Mandatory backtracking is kind of an essential characteristic of the entire series' (or, really, the entire "metroidvania" genre) design.

2's backtracking was on the level of "Oh you killed X Metroids a random environmental feature has deactivated now you can go further into SR388 ps we won't tell you which feature it was"

it's loving terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Bobnumerotres posted:

the timing for the bomb jump was pretty intuitive, did people really complain about that?

if you mean the magmoor one I think it was just a bit of a dick move to put this double bomb jump challenge right at the end of magmoor (hence before a save point and with you probably being lowish on health) and also right above a lava pit so each time you gently caress up you lose 30-50 energy or something

I think the only double bomb jump before that one was Vault?

• Locked thread