Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

canoshiz posted:

Any recommendations for Saratoga Springs, NY? I'm stuck up there quite often for work...

Old post, but this place was awesome:

http://www.hattiesrestaurant.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Come back to life thread!

I'm heading down to San Antonio for about 5 days. Anyone have any suggestions for places to grab food (for all meals)? We eat everything.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I had the best Mexican meal of my life at Mi Tierra in San Antonio (the Monterey Special, which was slow-baked, fall-off-the-bone tender young goat). Best tortillas ever, amazing bakery too. It's kind of a touristy place, but so worth it.
http://www.mitierracafe.com/menus_breakfast.html

I also fit in a good meal at Cured:
https://curedatpearl.com

Awesome, thanks! I'm always down for touristy places, as long as they're good. Cafe du Monde in New Orleans is touristy as all hell but their beignets rocked.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Hello!

I'm going out to San Francisco for a weeklong nerd conference and will be staying in the city. I eat everything and from NYC, so I already believe that NYC food is better than SF food.

Please tell me where to eat to in order to prove myself wrong.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

Admirable Gusto posted:

Nojo (ramen)
Tartine (bread, quiche)
Pizza Hacker
Mitchell's (ice cream; right next to Pizza Hacker)
Cotogna (for pasta)
Nico (moderately fancy)
Mission Chinese (salty and inconsistent but can be very good)
Benu (if money is no object)
R&G Lounge (Cantonese)
Plow (brunch)
Griddle Fresh (brunch - souffle pancakes)
Kusakabe (sushi but $$$$)

e: any specific requests?

Awesome list, thank you.

No specific requests, but I know I need to eat lots of Mexican.

Doom Rooster posted:

If you could only go to one place, it should be Una Pizza Napoletana.

Good to know.

rockcity posted:

Go to the mission and eat all the burritos.

I'm going to assume Yelp is just as (if not more) active in SF as it is here in NYC. I figure I can't go wrong by searching it on there? Any must tries?

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

rockcity posted:

El Farolito and Papalote are probably my favorites. The salsa at Papalote is spectacular. A friend of mine who introduced me to it shipped me a bunch of them before I ever went to visit him there and I was hooked.

Awesome thank you, I will have to check them out than.

mich posted:

Doh you should come not be a stranger in slack and ask dnf and probably drink with her.

Goons IRL scare me.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

mariooncrack posted:

I'm going to San Francisco next week. Any suggestions? No shellfish, I'm allergic.

Top of this page has a ton of recommendations from when I went back in June.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Hi!

I'm going out to San Jose, CA for a weeklong nerd convention in June. I've never been before and am looking for good places to eat. I'll probably be staying somewhere near the downtown area as that's where my events will be, but am happy to Uber/take the lightrail places as I'm from NYC and can take public transportation.

I eat everything and am not too concerned with prices. Thank you!

(Also if people have neighborhood suggestions for places to stay, pray do tell)

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

snyprmag posted:

La Victorias is oft hyped up taqueria that I remember being really good.
We have a bay area thread that may get you more recs

Good to know, thank you!

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Hello! I'll be out in Normandy, France (Caen) for several days as well as doing tons of touristy things in Paris. Where should I go!

We eat everything and are happy to pay lots of money or as little as possible. We live in NYC so we're willing to eat across the spectrum :).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

mojo1701a posted:

Others will be able to recommend more specific places in Paris, but the one thing you must try when in Normandy is the cider. I was too used to drinking nothing but Somersby and Strongbow, and the local cider blows it all out of the water.

Yes! I was actually just about to book a private half day tour for cider and calvados, so gonna book that now. Love a good cider.