Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

RedTonic posted:

Try Hot Pot Restaurant (for hot pot, duh), China Pearl (best dim sum, Sundays), or Gourmet Dumpling House (great dumplings, including soup dumplings, and their other stuff has been great--place is always crammed) in Boston's Chinatown.

Also in Chinatown, see Coffee House or Ho Yuen Bakery for some of the best Chinese pastries. Coffee House (I swear to God that's what it's called) also has hot congee with preserved duck eggs and pork, and you can sit down and enjoy your meal. It's small and not really decorated or anything but the food is delicious and the people are super friendly. You could honestly wander around Chinatown and just find places to eat because there are some really fantastic places.

There's also a park by the Chinatown Gate that is really nice and there are always people and it's just a great place to sit down and eat lunch outside.

The great thing about Boston is that there is food all over, and you could just wander the city for a couple hours and find somewhere to eat. There's Middle Eastern places, burger joints, food trucks, little Chinese bakeries, hipster-ish cafes with startlingly great coffee (the Thinking Cup is my favorite, there's one on Newbury and one on Tremont), and tiny breakfast joints the size of a closet - I found one of these one frozen morning when I had to go into town early and decided to check out downtown. Have not found it again since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I'm gonna toss out the other city I love besides Boston. Providence, RI. If you have a reason to be in the area, hit up Abyssinia on the east side. Ethiopian/Eritrean cuisine.

Get the coffee. Get the doro wat. Eat until you are full and stagger into the night fat and happy.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

DARPA Dad posted:

I'm going up to Boston pretty soon for a visit with my doctors. Will be staying near Boston Children's Hospital, which itself is like right next to Harvard Med School and Fenway Park. Any good options near me? Looking primarily for lobster rolls, seafood in general, Italian, ramen, pho, Asian food in general. I'll eat anything but those are my primaries whenever I'm somewhere where I'm not familiar with the area. Any other time I've been to Boston it's been for a hospital stay but this time it's just a checkup.

Edit: Oh yeah and burgers. But really, recommend anything. Doesn't need to fit into any of those categories. I can't drink, for medical reasons, btw. Looking for <= $20 a dish.

Chinatown: Gourmet Dumpling House, Five Spices House, Windsor Dim Sum Café if you have a group, Hot Eastern on the corner of Essex and Beach (downstairs has, among a few other things, jianbing, youtiao, and fresh made hot soy milk).

There's also a bakery/cafe on the edge of the Chinatown Park called 180 Café, next to Hot Pot Buffet that has pretty good congee. 101 Bakery on Beach St is also good and the ladies there are sweethearts.

Dorchester is apparently the place for Vietnamese food, so if you can, check it out.