Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I live just outside Portland, OR and have for a long time. I have a lot of lower end places I like to eat when I just need a quick bite, but basically I have two kids and don't really get out much. Some of my favorite places closed during the recession.

I am looking for nice restaurants to take a date to. Since I am married to my date I can always try another place next month (which is about as often as we can mange to find someone to watch the kids on a saturday night). I am interested in all price points as long as the food and atmosphere are good or at least in line with the price. I detest gimmicks. Can you food goons help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Pick posted:

For anyone navigating Oregon, or near OSU in Corvallis, it's worth popping over to Albany (it's on I5, about halfway between Portland and Eugene) to visit the Hungarian restaurant Novak's. It's an authentic family restaurant and the food is great, and very reasonably priced. If you're ever missing the Rheinlander, then this about as close as you're going to get in the state.

Thanks. I'm in Portland but always looking for somewhere to try. Albany is only about an hour away. I know nothing of Hungarian food but I reckon it is worth a try. Is it really a lot like Rheinlander?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Steve Yun posted:

Hey my friend is going to be in Copenhagen for an eight hour layover about two weeks from now. Is there anything he should hit up in that time?

It has been almost 15 years, but http://laglace.dk was good the last time I was there.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Me wife and I are going to San Francisco for Presidents Day weekend. We want to have one really nice (expensive) dinner and then whatever is cheap to reasonable and good along the way.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

snyprmag posted:

There's a lot of options for fine dining in SF, what's your version of expensive and do you have any cuisines in mind? On the flip side, prices for most other restaurants may seem high cause everything's more expensive here. Taquerias in the mission are usually good bang for your buck.

I would say I probably don't want to spend more than 250 or 300 for the nice dinner, any cuisine as long as it is great. I have had burritos in the mission and they were awesome, and yes this is the range I am looking for for the rest of it I guess? Or a little more if that isn't possible for any other food.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Awesome guys, thanks. I will report back after our weekend. Maybe we will be irresponsible and try a couple of them. Also when booking this trip I learned how cheap the PDX to SFO route is so I may just book another trip for summer or something.

therobit fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jan 27, 2018

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

In San Francisco we ended up eating at The Morris as it was the only place on the list I could get a reservation. It was really good though. Like the previous poster I was not dissapointed. We had charcuterie, grilled broccoli, and smoked duck. I think people really go for the duck there which was good but the broccoli was my favorite part of the meal. We also had tons of leftovers.

We also ate at Manzoni's in Glen Park and that was also really good for classic Italian food.

therobit fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Mar 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

On Saturday I am driving up to Seattle from Portland to take my wife on a date. We're going to a play at 8:00 in the evening but I'm looking for a dinner recommendation under $150 and also a good lunch recommendation.

Dinner does not have to be super fancy but it does have to be good. The play is at the Moore Theater downtown. Lunch could also be somewhere between Portland and Seattle if there is somewhere good on the way. Our hotel is in downtown Bellevue so we could eat near the also.

Any ideas?