Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Nephzinho posted:

Going to be in San Diego for a conference this week, anything good to grab food by the convention center?

Yeah sure. All the better stuff is a lil farther down in downtown if you don't mind taking a lyft or something (e scooter)

Walk down the Gaslamp. It's literally in front of the center. gently caress the Gaslamp. Expensive and garbage. Anyway, my suggestions would be:

Hodads for Burgers( 945 Broadway, San Diego, CA 92101) Just burgers Fries and Shakes. HYUGE.

Pokez Mexican food (947 E St, San Diego, CA 92101) lots of vegetarian options here if that's you're thing

Sushi2 (135 Broadway, San Diego, CA 92101) Cheap, yummy, and pretty good happy hours

Broken Yolk Cafe (355 Sixth Ave, San Diego, CA 92101) decent american breakfast

Lolitas (202 Park Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101) every tourist comes here during comic-con. It's good, there's better in my opinion. It is just a short walk away from the Center tho.

If you want something familiar there's a Cheesecake Factory all the way down Harbor drive. Just walk out the center make a left and keep walking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Just a heads up, Hodads has an "all you can eat special" for $99 buckos. No sharing. All the burgers and fries you can eat. They laugh when I ask about it :smith:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Another satisfied customer:discourse:

:rip: Mike "Bossman" Hardin

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Coasterphreak posted:

I'm gonna couch surf for a week in San Diego later this year, where should I eat that's not mediocre buffets?

Depends on where in San Diego. If you scroll up you should see the recommendations I made for the last guy. That was all Gaslamp and downtown area though. I can def suggest some pretty mediocre Chinese food buffets...but I won't do that.

I'mma be kinda all over the place here since I have no idea in San Diego you're gonna be staying in. So I'll just name my fav places to eat.

Breakfast:
1. Family House of Pancakes (family style diner with HUGE portions of everything.)
1900 E Plaza Blvd

2. Breakfast Republic (Modern breakfast and brunch spot. Portions are decent, but this is more of a "hipster bullshit" kinda place, but the food is actually DELISH)
2730 University Ave There actually a billion of these places. So finding one isn't too hard since there all over San Diego.

3. Hash House a GO GO (Love this place. Huge portions, strong drinks and just delicious)
3628 Fifth Ave

Burgers:
1. Hodads (I don't want to say much. Just go. Be hungry. Make sure you have a place to fall asleep afterwards)
5010 Newport Ave

2. I.B Forum (Good size burgers. Frys are amazing. Pretty much the whole menu is a pro choice)

3. Crazee Burger (Wanna eat a kangaroo?)
3993 30th St

Pizza:
1. Lugi's Pizzeria (By the slice and whole pie shop. Lots a interesting combo slices. Very good)
1137 25th St

2. Filippis Pizza Grotto (Local sitdown chain. They put about 10lbs of cheese on top of each pizza. If you hate cheese you'll hate this. If not then this is the place)
1747 India St, San Diego, CA 92101

3. Lefty's Chicago Pizzeria (By the slice Deep dish!)
3448 30th St, San Diego, CA 92104

Mexican Food:
1. Literally anywhere in San Diego. Pick a direction and walk. You'll find something.

Japanese/Asian/Ramen
1. Nishiki Ramen ( I tried the death ramen challenge from their sister location once. I almost barfed. The regular ramen is great. They messed with the pricing recently so a regular bowl of ramen is about $10 or so bucks.)
8055 Armour St #201a

2. Sushi Deli 1/Sushi 2/ Sushi Deli 3 (Local sushi chain. Cheap cheap CHEAP! Great rolls even better pricing.)
7986 Armour St

Hot DOGS:
1. Barrio Dogs (Ya want a Mexican style DAWG? Yeah ya do. Wrapped in bacon and other bad for you poo poo)
2234 Logan Ave

That's just a few places for ya. There's alot of food to try. We also have In-n-Outs all over. So try some of that if ya want something in a pinch.