Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Someone tell me where to eat in Jacksonville besides Burrito Gallery and Blind Rabbit. I need better sushi then my strip mall guy does.

Btw, eat at Burrito Gallery (E.Adams St) and Blind Rabbit (Kings Street) Ooh, and Engine 15 in Beaches. I still need to try Taco Lu (next to Engine 15). And go to Riverside Arts Market on saturday (except in winter).

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Feb 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Pester posted:

Hi guys! I'm really surprised that Seattle doesn't have a dining thread, so where should I eat in Seattle? Is the space needle restaurant worth the price? Anywhere really good for under $20 a plate? Is Magnetic's Man Pie restaurant still open? I haven't heard from him since there was a giant hole in the wall of the restaurant.

My parents actually ate at the rotating restaurant in the space needle, had some good luck and showed up after the lunch rush without a reservation. They were pleasantly surprised by the food quality and price, being both good and within their budget. This is second hand information, as I was not there.

Then they were nearly punched by a marauding homeless man outside the bookstore. He punched the next couple instead.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

min posted:

TacoLu sucks. Go to Mr Taco/Corner taco instead. That's all I can think of/feel like typing up right now. If you have any questions I may be able to answer them.

I feel like reccomending Corner Taco is cheating, as they are pretty mucho a Jacksonville icon. The tourisim board uses them a lot.

If y'all want to go to the most North Florida bar on the planet, check out Tiki Island Taphouse attached to Pecan Park Flea Market. They have Bud, Bud light, and Duke's. And a pond full of aligators that Phil the owner gets to jump for food. Outdoor seating only, full of bikers and locals, but really accepting and chill. They have beer pong and kareoke, and are open at 10am on weekends. Or there's Redneck Yaht Club on 17 in yulee, but that's not as cool (clientell is pretty racist hick) as Tiki and the beer is bad, but has some good redneck bands.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Failed Nihilist posted:

I don't suppose anyone knows much about the Charlotte, NC area.

I'm actually wondering the same thing, I'm there right now. I did have a pretty great lunch at Ikea though. But I don't think that counts, unless you're like me and like to hang out at Ikea.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Failed Nihilist posted:

Do to my proximity to it, I'll assume that you're also an UNCC student?

Nope, visiting my sister. I hail from the land of the OTHER 1995 NFL expansion team.

We don't have an Ikea in Jacksonville.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

pepper bologna posted:

I have lived in various parts of the Charlotte metro for the last 5-6 years - any particular style of food you are interested in trying? I can list a few options once I have an idea as to your interests...

Gosh, I love it all really. I think I want noodles within the next 24 hours though.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

the heebie-gbs posted:

Sir Edmund Halley's - Myers Park - gussied-up pub fare made fresh and in-house, some inventive entrees, reasonable prices, full menu until 2 AM. Great patio.

Was just there, it's the best basement I've ever accidentally wandered into. Seriously, it's tucked back a bit in the plaza, can take a bit of finding. There is also a fantastic hardware store in the plaza.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

a007jedi posted:

any suggestions in the Lake Worth/West Palm Beach area?

Feel like going down to Boynton? My parents have a condo there, I love the area. For killer cocktails and food, there's Sweetwater at 1507 S Federal Hwy. Great bartenders and service, clever food and cocktails at a decent price.
For on-the-intercostal dining, there's 2 Georges in the marina, 728 Casa Loma Blvd. They also sometimes have a lobster deal in summer for like 15bux for a 1.5lber. Ask about it. If not, Get the Lobster Reuben, it's amazing. They have two docks, one has live music, the other is quieter. Also an indoor area if you hate sun. If they're not your speed, Bananna Boat in the next bit of the marina is a little more upscale, you don't have to walk past fishing boats displaying filleted carcases or smell a bit of marine diesel or nothing.
There's also Hurricane Alley at 529 E Ocean Ave, they have KILLER CHOWDER. And a really good rawbar selection, and lobster. Super low-key.
For diner food, you gotta go to Scully's at 2005 S Federal Hwy and fight my neighbors from Seagate across the way for a good table. The burger is great, but they also do a really good pressed Cuban. Do not go at Senior Citizen Dinnertime. They are VICIOUS at Seagate. Scully himself is also the most cheerful human being on the planet.
Sushi Simon is great for sushi, they do a bunch of locally caught stuff. Josie's is pretty decent italian. Skip Prime Catch, it's overpriced. If you can get to The Backyard, that's good for drinks and bar food, they're outdoor and really beach/tiki/party themed.

I really like Boynton.

rockcity posted:

Go to Copper Point Brewing in Boyton. They have awesome beer and food trucks nightly. They post their food truck schedules online.

THERE'S A BREWERY NOW?!?!?!?!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jul 29, 2015

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Mr. Wiggles posted:

If you wait till after it's closed to the public and you're hanging out with the stall owners and cleaning people, you will discover eastern European vendors with push carts making their way in and selling litres of high gravity Russian malt liquor for a euro a bottle.

That's reason enough to visit a country.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
What's the best place for lunch in Tallahassee near i-10? Within 10 minutes of a ramp, or near that awesome goon candy guy's shop. Making a detour on the way to New Orleans in a few weeks.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

rockcity posted:

There is a really awesome hot dog place called Voodoo Dog, but it's probably a little over 10 minutes from I-10.

I dunno, do they have really good smoked sausage dogs? And is there beer? It's a long lunch pit stop, I loving hate driving. I'll happily travel for awesome food.

New Orleans doesn't seem to have it's own thread either. I'll want suggestions for there too. I like chill places, don't mind some skeevineess (so long as poo poo's not downright dangerous), really would like to eat somewhere awesome on or near the water if there's any of those left. Also want to get some Hot Chicken. And some good real cajun. Anything good, I eat everything. Any recommended joints that aren't super crowded or over touristy? Chill bar recommendations too, I have no desire to walk Bourbon Street with a novelty size Hurricane in a light-up glass.

Speaking of chill bars, if you're looking for one in Downtown Jacksonville, try The Volstead. It's a prohibition swing bar. Great cocktails, but also a good rotating whiskey selection. There are cocktail waitresses and very comfortable leather chairs.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Sep 14, 2015

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

rockcity posted:

There's also another prohibition style speakeasy place over in San Marco called the Grape and Grain Exchange. It's mostly a liquor store, but there is a small bar up front and a hidden speakeasy with a sliding bookcase entry in the rear of the store.

That sounds awesome, I'll have to check that out.

If you're ever on the northside by Pecan Park on Friday night, Saturday all day, or past noon to whenever he feels like being there, go to Tiki Island Taphouse. They got live rescued alligators that they'll let you fees for a fee bucks, and the cheapest Bold City Dukes in Jax. It's all outside, it's so north florida it hurts.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Doom Rooster posted:

Edit: The river is ugly, littered and often smells not great. Lose the romanticism about it now and you won't be disappointed.

Great suggestions! But when I meant the water, I meant the Lake, sorry. Even out in the boonies a bit. I'm used to having to drive 30 minutes to get anywhere, so I'm not against traveling. Never did get out to NoLA that time, life got in the way. Hopefully soon.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Any updates on Charlotte? I'll definitely be going to Halley's again. Also rolling into Asheville for a day.

Link to last round d of suggestions: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=445960046#post445960046

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Nov 1, 2016

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I have never seen a bad bagel shop in the NY metro area. The level of competition in the bagel and deli world over there weed out the sub-par pretty darn quick. It's like salmon in Alaska. All the bad salmon gets fed to the dogs, and all the bad bagel bakers are sent to New Jersey to pay penance for their crimes. :c00lbert:

Explore whatever's close by. Find a favorite. You're gonna be eating bagels every day anyway, or the trip's been wasted.

Now I want a bagel....

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 9, 2017

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
What's must-have in Charelston for one night (no Husk reservations available, already checked), and what's new within the last year in Charlotte?

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
What's good in the central jersey area? New brunswick-ish. Mostly looking for places with patios that I can take my dog, or places with bar games (pool, darts, ect) would be excellent. From google, I'm only seeing little neighborhood 3 tap joints, or college places with jaegerbomb shots featured promenently.

Also just the best restaurants in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
What's good in Cleveland? A friend just moved there, we will be going to visit a few times.