Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I could use some recommendations for Sacramento. I realized I've been living here for over a year and never bothered really eating out. I have no preferences regarding food except that it be good to put in my mouf and will try anything once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Can I get some sushi recommendations for Vegas? Does Vegas even have good sushi?

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jun 2, 2017

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Yeah, I'm okay with paying a bit for good nigiri (not really interested in rolls) but I'm also looking for a good AYCE place as well so I can have the good stuff at one place and be a disgusting fat at the other.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Go to a Red Rock if there's one nearby where you are for some bomb rear end roast beef bowl

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Could use some recommendations for Orlando, FL specifically around International Drive

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Thanks, but most of those seem to be a bit far from where I'm staying, and time for meals is short (2 hour slots for lunch/dinner, including travel time from the hotel on International Drive). I'll keep looking through the list, though.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I'm only going to be there for the weekend, any type of food is great but as mentioned above time is sort of an issue and because of that distance is too. I can uber if needed. I was thinking of Nile for starters since that's only ten minutes away by car and a lot of people seem to have loved it.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I need some bangin recs for Seoul and Tokyo. I've lived in both cities but I was a poor student then so now I'm looking for some good stuff in the 20~50 USD range. Cheaper is fine too.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

got off on a technicality posted:

In Tokyo I like Honmura An for soba and Izuei (honten in Ueno) for unagi. Also why not save up and go to the branch of Sukiyabashi Jiro in Roppongi? Jiro's son is friendly to & tolerant of gaijin (when I went all 6 of us at the counter were visiting from the US) and the sushi was excellent. Also it was easy to make a reservation. Downsides: Y25,000+ and it ruined me for regular sushi for several months

I'm not staying long and I'm on a schedule for most of it so I just wanted places where I could walk in or make do with a short line. Thanks for the recs, though!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

I need some bangin recs for Seoul and Tokyo. I've lived in both cities but I was a poor student then so now I'm looking for some good stuff in the 20~50 USD range. Cheaper is fine too.

I left Tokyo but still have most of the week left in Seoul if you guys have any recommendations!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I could use some Vegas recommendations as well. I got some good recs from the thread last year but the two places I enjoyed most, Due Forni and Chada Street, seem to have both shut down. I have no preferences wrt to cuisine and I'm open to breakfast/lunch/dinner.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Anything good in Daytona?

e: Jesus there was nothing good in Daytona, in general

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jul 3, 2018

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Need some quick recs for Singapore

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Mr. Wiggles posted:

How long are you there? Multiply that number by 3 and that's how many times you go for Hainanese Chicken Rice.

Only a weekend, but yeah that was my plan except a break to try chili crab and durian

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Need some recs for Washington, D.C. Not too expensive, groups of around 4+, looking for a good time more than fine dining.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

CleverHans posted:

https://www.ambarrestaurant.com/home-page-washington/

$49 per person, all you can eat and drink if you can get everybody on board - food is great and the house drinks / wines are solid.

Just wanted to check in and say Ambar was great, though they started doubling our orders without telling us halfway through which resulted in overeating before we got it figured out. The mushroom crepe and stuffed bell peppers in particular were loving aces.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Man, to think the day has come where Japanese is not exotic anymore

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Anyone have recs for Colorado Springs? Gonna be there for Christmas, wondering if there's anything worthwhile around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

Anyone have recs for Colorado Springs? Gonna be there for Christmas, wondering if there's anything worthwhile around.

Know it's a long shot since nobody replied but figured I might give it another try before I leave.