Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreaseGunner
Dec 26, 2012

Just chillin'
Wichita, KS

Meddy's: New local place that make amazing Schwarma and Hummus.

Wichita Brewing Company: Amazing selection of pizza and sandwiches all made in a wood fired oven. They also have some of the best beer I've ever had, even an English ale on a cask!

River City Brewery: The food here is pretty good but it's also nothing special. The draw would obviously be their huge selection of beer brewed in house.

Brickyard/Publics: Be wary of this place on the weeknights, hipsters tend to congregate while wearing suits and drinking all the PBR. A small restaurant in the middle of old town in the basement of an old brick building. The pizza is pretty good and they have a decent selection of beer on tap, atmosphere is very cool.

MM Bierocks: A small doobie-like shack with a drive through window. Only three items on the menu, Bierocks, Bierocks with cheese and ham and cheese Bierocks. They only accept cash for their Russian inspired, German made, meat filled pastries.

Emperors Grill: A local Japanese grill with two locations. I don't know how they've managed to make fried rice so good, I assume with some sort of deadly toxins. Usually packed full of white suburban high school kids.

Rene's: Goes to show that the best food comes from the places where the people talk poo poo about you in another language and you assume you will get food poisoning. Open 24 hours a day with the best nachos and carne asada burritos in the world.

Metro Grills: Not sure how to describe this place. Their food is really good but it's not in the right location and it's not setup like the restaurant it's trying to be. It's some sort of Cuban/New York mix, if that's even a thing. The owner chose to tell me his wife is divorcing him because of how bad the restaurant is doing, I really just wanted to pay and leave but that's ok I guess. So if you ever drive through and this place is still open it's really worth a visit.

Dempsey's Burger Pub: Is a ten dollar kobe burger worth it? gently caress you for even asking. This places using almost all local ingredients for their burgers. The cheapest burger is probably six or seven dollars but they are big and perhaps the best burgers I've ever had in my life. The truffle fries are pretty drat good too.

There are some other places, particularly a few Thai restaurants, that I've heard are very good. I haven't had their food yet though.

Manhattan, KS

Celtic Star: What's better than English food? Well other than shepherds pie and fish and chips, everything. Luckily those are the only two truly English foods offered. A very cool Irish themed restaurant with great food and a good selection of beer on tap. They even have Strongbow on tap!

Taco Lucha: They have tacos and burritos. They are good. Recommended to eat their biggest burrito in order to cure your hangovers.

Pizza Shuttle Very nasty, greasy and cheap pizza. Great for the college it supplies and the heartburn it gives.

So Long Saloon: A west-mex themed place. Very good burgers, beans and everything else. Local beers on tap.

Mr. K's Café I worked here in the kitchen for awhile. You idiots are paying for frozen chicken and old lunch meat. Go away. I once accidentally mixed a bunch of the cheese we used for the mac and cheese with the tub of gravy they kept in the back to use only on Sundays. I think someone used that gravy/cheese mixture at least twice before making new gravy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU