Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

I'm going to be in San Diego this weekend.

Any local staples that I should be looking for?

I saw Curbside Bites mentioned in the LA thread. Really open to any and all suggestions, looking to do one fine dining sesh with friends (we originally planned on being in Phoenix and had booked at Virtu, but plans have changed) and aside from that, I want to eat everything (particularly some fresh seafood).

Any input is appreciated, I'm super excited.

Postmaster GBS fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jul 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

Awesome. Thank you!

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

Thank you so much. We will definitely be trying this. I will report back.

I had a few drinks with a friend of mine last night before my flight and he mentioned a few places that I put into notes on my phone:

Stone Brewery
PB Ale House
Bertrand and Mr. A's

Dunno if anyone knows anything of these places but I'll be scoping them out later.

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

We went to Phuong Trang today.

It was an impromptu lunch and it was just two of us and not our whole group. We had the banh xeo and the beef wrapped in grape leaves. The latter was part of the 7-course beef sampler which was really awesome.

Everything was really, really good and we had a lot of fun with the fondue hotpot style stuff. Thanks for that.

We also tried Brian's 24, Sushi Oni, and PB Ale House. All good but nothing spectacular except for the sushi.

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

Awesome. Thanks.

We are back in Phoenix today but I will keep it in mind for next time.

We went to Lucy's in the gaslight district for tacos, I also had the fish tacos at PB Ale House and they were okay.

Thanks again everyone for the suggestions.

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

Gonna check it out tomorrow. Will edit this post to avoid making GBS threads up the thread, thanks!

e: La Santisima was good. Really light for a fairly big burrito. They've got like 14 salsas at the salsa bar and we tried all but two I think. Tomatillo salsa and the pico were our favorites.

We did Pizzeria Bianco too, not mind-blowing (dunno what I was expecting with all the hype for the place), but it was still Real Good

Postmaster GBS fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jul 27, 2015

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

I'm gong to be in Toronto for the weekend. Anything in particular that I should scope?

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

Appreciate that lightning recommendation. Thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

Good thinking, thank you!